Trader Joe's

Options
124»

Replies

• needscurves
    Options
    i swear by joe o's trader joes version of cheerios. low fat and a great snack with skim milk when i get the munchies. i also buy their frozen fruits such as strawberries, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, mangos, and pineapple. i make really good smoothies and i freeze it and make ices. i swea by thier hummus and multigrain crackers. as you get familiar with wholesome foods, you'll learn to shop for the best foods for you. I learned to make muffins, waffles and pancakes with trader joes whole wheat flour. good luck!
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Try their Healthy 8 chopped vegetables - I add some of this to my salads. Maybe a little lazy, but a real time saver! Wish they were closer!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Split pea soups
    Crunchy curls - lentil & potato snack
    Eggplant hummus
    Nitrate free hot dogs (for the kids)

Not healthy
    Ice cream macarons
  • Jaylaan
    Jaylaan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love TJ, their product is quality, tasty and affordable... try the Savory thin mini Rice Crackers (Multiseed with Soy Sauce) and their crunchy Canon Cakes (fresh, shoots off the machine like a cannonball). Also, the fresh chicken chunks, cooked and ready to eat.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am eating TJ's Reduced Guilt Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt dip and carrots right now......nomnomnom
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    The roasted pecan and blue cheese dip is probably the most delish thing in the world. Srsly.
  • ejechols
    ejechols Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I pretty much shop only at TJ's now... in love. They have great trail mix varieties I like to keep in my bag for a quick snack. Excellent nut butters too. Great hummus. Also, their cheese selection is FANTASTIC and I also die for their chicken/turkey sausage varieties. All of their fruit butters (pumpkin butter, fig butter etc) are great. Basically, I love everything in that store.

Keep in mind they still have unhealthy food, but if I'm going to eat something premade, I prefer to get it there since they don't use preservatives or artificial colors. They have a lot of really nice premade sandwiches and salads. Just make sure you read the nutritional information, like in any store.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes has some of the lowest prices on high quality cheeses. They have the most amazing desserts. The chocolate cake is extremely decadent and calorie filled. If you decide to get it, the small single serving size is sometimes on sale for a dollar. You can get it and eat a little bit as a treat, on occasion. Their hummus and snacks are pretty good. They have bite sized wafers filled with lemon cream, which are delicious. They have a good variety of nut butters. And of course, they have produce and meats.
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Egg white salad
    Hummus
    Chicken Shu Mai
    Prepped salads (I eat one everyday for lunch but bring my own dressing)
    Almond Milk
    Microwave in container asparagus, also green beans. And butternut squash (better in the oven)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Lots of good stuff already mentioned... they have a range of food, so some will probably fit well into your plan and other things won't... just like any other supermarket. But they do have great stuff. In addition to their produce and recipe ingredients, I like some of their prepared, frozen foods. Good to have around for times when I'm not cooking from scratch. Try their frozen french toast (approx 100 cal per slice, whole wheat and normal ingredients). They also have a few different eggplant dinners -- one has a horrible (for me) amount of calories, but the others are ok, good veggie dumplings, dark chocolate covered ginger for a treat... Oh, and I like getting their boneless, skinless, free-range chicken thighs. They are a bit more expensive, but make a great start for single serving dinners. (Freeze each thigh separately or cook a few in preparation for mixing with a salad, a stir fry, or add a bit of soy sauce, pineapple, tomato, etc. and enjoy!)

Read labels and have fun!
  • Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    save for later
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hm...let's see what have I tried new later at TJ's?

Fresh Kale for homemade Kale Chips
    Broccoli Slaw =YUM-O
    Bananas, we all know how awesome their price is on them!
    Lite Celtic Sharp Cheddar Cheese.. mmm mm good
    Fig Butter -OMG...didn't even know I liked figs! Plan to add a bit to my homemade Greek Yogurt!
    Ezekiel's Sprouted Whole Wheat bread.. best price in town on that
    TJ's Fiber WW Bread
    Persian Cucumbers
    Hummus, could use some suggestions as I'm trying hard to steer away from Soy and the Edamame was my fav.:sad:
    Strawberry Preserves (used sparingly this is a nice treat, either added to plain Greek or on Toast)
    Chocolate Covered Cacao nibs ...love the tin and only 1 calorie a piece which is fine by me, as I'm high energy without them.
    Dark Chocolate, 3 Bars for $1.99 (toss em' in the freezer and break offa square every so often.
    Coconut Butter ..their price is beyond belief at only $4.99 for a nice size jar.
    Calbee Sugar Snap Peas (in the chip section)...delish if you like peas/sugar snap peas
    TJ's sugar snap peas (omg...)
    TJ's Sunflower Seed Nut butter... tasty, definitely worth trying out.

Oh tons more but that's what comes to mind at the moment.

Have fun shopping!:bigsmile:
    Edamame Hummus...to die for.
    Absolutely but I don't wanna die from it so I'm looking for another option. Trying to back away from soy since it seems every food out there now contains it. But I agree, I loved it!:love::sad:
    Every time you shop there, try their samples, thats how I got familiar with their foods. :D
    Good point! That's actually how I finally tried my first Sweet Potato, Jicama (OMG...such a wonderful legume) and many other items, though as with any samples they can be easy to pick up if you go after working out. :blushing: :tongue: I do try 99% of the time to go healthy in my choices there though and it's not that hard to do if you're mindful.