BeFit in 90 days - anyone else?

Options
I searched the topic but it seems nobody has posted any feedback on the BeFit in 90 days. It's a 90 day workout plan that is free on You Tube.

I am going to try it out starting today; did the first 35 minute workout during lunchtime in my office with the door shut (I was convinced someone would knock to find out what was going on but I made it through without any questions.) I was pouring sweat and had some trouble keeping up but it was more due to my being out of shape.

There is a different set of exercises for each day for 90 days but I could see myself doing the first day over again in a few weeks because on some of the exercises I was a little weak and had to modify them a bit in order to keep up. Again, more due to me being out of shape. The exercises for each day seem to have 4 or more parts. Day 1 includes a warm up, toning of arms, legs and butt, a cardio blast (I could only keep it together for half of this workout it was so intense!), and then a cool down.

Anybody else want to do it with me for motivation? I know that 90 days is a big commitment but I have a lot of events coming up starting in 5 weeks and I want to get serious about losing some weight and sculpting.

Replies

• gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    I actually stumblesd upon it while trying shake up my workout, I'm going to do it for a few weeks and check out the results. I'm in good shape, and that first day of cardio whipped my butt!
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I posted about this in a "free online workouts" thread, but never thought to start a thread just about this one...

Anyway, I'm doing day 18 today, and I've been really enjoying it. They mix up the combinations enough that even though they are the same 6 or 7 workouts, I don't get bored (with one exception: I wish they had more than one warmup. Doing the same warmup each time always bores me, no matter what program I'm doing).

I've done Power 90 (which I didn't love), 10 Pound Slimdown (which I DID love), Chalene Extreme (which was pretty good), and joined my wife in some of her TurboFire and Nia workouts, and I still feel like this gives me a good workout and is by no means a "second-class" workout just because it's free! I'm actually enjoying it more (and feel I'm getting more out of it) than I did Power 90, which costs $60 plus shipping!

To be totally fair, I have tweaked it a bit to fit my life/body. For instance, my legs are REALLY strong by this point (between the other workouts and 15 years of kung fu), so I do the stationary lunges holding dumbbells. And I started on a Monday, which means my rest days should be Wednesday and Saturday. But my wife's rest day is Sunday, so I usually do the Sunday workout on Saturday and take Sunday off, so we can relax together. Aside from those little personal things, I say this program is good to go as is, and I'm looking forward to the next 72 days!
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    bump

I'll go take aq look :) thanks for sharing
  • Jaikman10
    Jaikman10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just checked it out... looks like a butt kicker... I may be in :)
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I found it Tuesday while browsing through youtube and started adding it to my 30 day shred regimen starting yesterday. I have only done half of the workouts yesterday and today, so an extra 15-20 minutes in the past two days but WOW! I am sore as is from 30DS but doing these really adds to the experience and makes me feel really accomplished!

Feel free to friend me if you want some support or wanna hand some support this way!
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I'm planning on doing it after 30DS. For some reason 30DS never left me sore but just ten minutes of strength from Day 1 of BeFitin90 had me sore for two straight days. :huh:
  • Landiecat
    Landiecat Posts: 17
    Options
    i've been thinking about trying to start D:
    It looks challenging..and isn't anywhere near as long as my normal workouts.

Does anybody know what you'd log these as..?
    Circuit training?
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I log them as circuit training but I would be interested to see if anyone uses a heartrate monitor while doing it.

Yesterday I added the Denise Austin 10 minutes arms and shoulders routine into the mix and I really feel it today.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I read this as Be Fit in 90 days or else!
  • BJPCraig
    Options
    I log them as circuit training...

This probably makes no sense, so don't ask me why I do it this way, but the days that end with the sports stretch I log as 35 minutes of circuit training. The days that end with yoga I log as 25 minutes of circuit training and 10 minutes of yoga. The yoga is actually on the intense side (very quick paced), so it probably makes more sense to count that as part of circuit training, as well, but somehow it didn't "feel" right when I started, and now that I've done it that way, I just hate to change...

BTW, for those of you on Facebook, they also have a Facebook page. Nothing truly spectacular there, but I thought I'd mention it...

Now, off to do day 19!
  • Landiecat
    Landiecat Posts: 17
    Options
    Well if it's circuit training, it's only 35 minutes.
    Doesn't feel enough.
    I guess I'll add 10-20 minutes of more cardio.
  • BJPCraig
    Options
    Finished Level One today, and I really enjoyed it. According to their schedule, I should be starting Level Two tomorrow, but with my schedule, having Wednesday and Sunday as my rest days works out best, so I'm going to juggle the days around a bit. watch the "rest day" video tomorrow and start the actual workouts on Thursday.

How's everyone else doing?
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    how do we know wich video I should take? I saw Day 1 but then after what should I do???
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Great thread!
  • ktbkitten
    ktbkitten Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm in! I looks like I am going to have to get my own weights, I have only been using the ones from the gym. I'll either start tomorrow or the next day depending on when I can pick up some weights. What do you think 8? Is that too heavy?
  • jschway
    jschway Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oooh. I hadn't heard if this yet. I'll be checking it out soon!
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    I'm in! I looks like I am going to have to get my own weights, I have only been using the ones from the gym. I'll either start tomorrow or the next day depending on when I can pick up some weights. What do you think 8? Is that too heavy?

for me 8 is too much I do 2.5 put I really have no endurance, strengh yes but not long lol you have to try it :)
  • ktbkitten
    ktbkitten Posts: 63
    Options
    Then maybe I will get the 5's. I went to go get them today and they only had ONE 8lb weight!! How does that work?! I am going to go somewhere else tomorrow, but we are also hiking tomorrow so I won't start the work out tomorrow. I figure hiking for 10 miles is enough for one day.....
  • BJPCraig
    Options
    how do we know wich video I should take? I saw Day 1 but then after what should I do???

On their "Channel" page, they have the first 20 daily playlists; just work your way down the list. When you reach the bottom, click the "view all" link for the other 70 days.
  • BJPCraig
    Options
    Then maybe I will get the 5's. I went to go get them today and they only had ONE 8lb weight!! How does that work?! I am going to go somewhere else tomorrow, but we are also hiking tomorrow so I won't start the work out tomorrow. I figure hiking for 10 miles is enough for one day.....

If you haven't gotten anything yet, let me recommend the Weider PowerSwitch 12.5 pound weights. They let you pretty easily adjust and choose weights in 2.5 pound intervals from 2.5 to 12.5.