do you party?

Options

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    beer is the root of all evil *sigh*

delicious delicious frothy beer, you evil sl*t.

Mmmm sluts

You rang??

hi.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Not since my 40th birthday. But that may change in 22 days' time. I hope to get ****faced a couple of times just because.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Yes I party, pretty hard.
    Probably once or twice every 2 weeks. Sometimes less sometimes more.

I am pretty good during the week and so if I know I'm going to party, I'll work out earlier that day usually. I also try to drink diet coke with whatever alcohol I want.... but beer is a weakness and I fall into temptation all the time.

I'm having the time of my life though but yes, sometimes I think I need to pull back some. I'll say I won't drink next weekend yet I'm right there with a friend again. haha
  • HardcorePork
    HardcorePork Posts: 109 Member
    Options

But only because you hang out with Andrew, WK...right?
  • pinkhockymom
    pinkhockymom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've always believed that everything is okay in moderation.
    [/quote]

Amen Sister!!!! :happy:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Dude. I sometimes like to drink a bunch of soda and play Cranium with other couples. We might even get some french fries and listen to 90s music. And stay up really late telling stories about our kids.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I didn't know we were living the same life! Don't forget reminiscing about the 'good ole days.'
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Most definitely!
    I'm usually dancing non stop for 3hours so I never worry about calories on those nights.

I will drink plenty of water though before, during and after the party and stock up with the healthiest ready-made foods I can find (soups, fruit salads, fresh wholemeal bread, grilled vegetables, houmous galore! etc..) so if I get the munchies on Sunday, I'm not pigging out on a 3billion calorie English Breakfast at the restaurant up the road!

*Edit - If you are seriously thinking about quitting smoking and alcohol, be aware that it may have a big effect on your social life. I have friends that I prefer to meet during the day because they're idea of a good night is very different to mine, some are just too wild and others, so straight-laced, they would put a Victorian nun to shame!

But I digress..

You figure out what's important to you and don't hesitate to change what you feel needs changing!

Good luck!
  • meljoemom
    meljoemom Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Okay so I usually drink beer everyday and quite a bit. When I was at my best weight, I would not drink during the week unless there was an occasion and woudl only drink on the weekend AFTER I worked out. In my 30s that worked out great and I got to an ideal weight. I am finding it very difficult in my 40s. Difficult not to grab a beer on my way into the house after work and keep on going as well as making it a point to work out first on the weekends. There is always an excuse...it was a tough day, I don't feel great, etc. Well, now I am a roly poly. I also would rather spend the $ I spend on that on something else. I find myself doing the same thing I did when I was smoking by arranging my activities on the basis of whether I can drink. I used to arrange my schedule based on when and where I could smoke until I quit. Once you see it become that, it's time to do something about it. I am going cold turkey on the alcohol for a while. I need to give my body a break. Friends and family will miss their drinking buddy, but it's not about them is it? It's about me and my body this time around. You have to find your motivation or your "end point" if you will. I cannot get up in the AM to run after a 6 pack the night before and I know it. Yet I make the excuses to drink the beer and hit the buzzer time and time again until I absolutely have to get up. Well, not anymore. There will be occasions when I will imbibe, maybe a glass of wine with DH along with dinner or a party night out with friends, but from now on it has to be an occasion, not just because I'm home. We have a Brewfest coming up on May 18th. I am shooting for laying off until then. Okay, you got a book here, but it helps me, too. Thank you for posting so I can share and get this out. I am participating in this challenge:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/553931-11-week-elimination-challenge-let-s-get-ready-for-summer and in order to succeed, I have to cut out the alcohol. Maybe you need to find a way to challenge youself as well.

Take care.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Dude. I sometimes like to drink a bunch of soda and play Cranium with other couples. We might even get some french fries and listen to 90s music. And stay up really late telling stories about our kids.

I got into big trouble this way. Except...substitute "soda" for "bottles of wine". I don't drink anymore, nor do I play Cranium. I did find that my friend and I are able to spell "quagmire" in tandem whilst stinking drunk, though.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I drink more now that I have kids...
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

Me too. Which is why the night ended so badly. We just make sure never to speak of it.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options

Quoted for the utmost truth.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

But only because you hang out with Andrew, WK...right?
    I get it!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Never really have to be honest, I drink in moderation, quit smoking many yrs ago......
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I bang 7 gram rocks with Charlie

glad i'm not the only one! :laugh:

I dont remember either of you being there with me and chuck.

If you don't remember it, it probably happened.

yea I know..

like last friday night.

There's a stranger in my bed,
    There's a pounding in my head
    Glitter all over the room
    Pink flamingos in the pool
    I smell like a minibar
    DJ's passed out in the yard
    Barbie's on the barbeque
    This a hickie or a bruise

Pictures of last night
    Ended up online
    I'm screwed
    Oh well
    It's a blacked out blur
    But I'm pretty sure it ruled
    Damn

Last Friday night
    Yeah, we danced on tabletops
    And we took too many shots
    Think we kissed but I forgot

Last Friday night
    Yeah, we maxed our credit cards
    And got kicked out of the bar
    So we hit the boulevard

Last Friday night
    We went streaking in the park
    Skinny dipping in the dark
    Then had a ménage à trois
    Last Friday night
    Yeah I think we broke the law
    Always say we're gonna stop
    Op-oh-oh

This Friday night
    Do it all again
    This Friday night
    Do it all again

Trying to connect the dots
    Don't know what to tell my boss
    Think the city towed my car
    Chandeliers on the floor
    Ripped my favorite party dress
    Warrant's out for my arrest
    Think I need a ginger ale
    That was such an epic fail

Pictures of last night
    Ended up online
    I'm screwed
    Oh well
    It's a blacked out blur
    But I'm pretty sure it ruled
    Damn

Last Friday night
    Yeah, we danced on table tops

Last Friday night
    So we hit the boulevard

Last Friday night

Last Friday night
    Oh whoa oh

This Friday night
    Do it all again
    (Do it all again)
    This Friday night
    Do it all again
    (Do it all again)
    This Friday night

T.G.I.F.
    T.G.I.F.
    T.G.I.F.
    T.G.I.F.
    T.G.I.F.
    T.G.I.F.

Last Friday night
    Yeah, we danced on table tops

Last Friday night
    So we hit the boulevard

Last Friday night

Last Friday night
    Oh-whoa-oh
    This Friday night
    Do it all again

When this song came out I thought "WTF? Katy Perry went to college with me and I didn't know it? I must've been drunker than I thought!"
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! there's no way a drink is work $5-7!! i mean REALLY!
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    i am a beer guy, but i do do not drink as often when i am trying to get ready for a race or tighten up to lose a few pound's
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I partied everyday from 2005 - 2007. That was a great week.
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I still party!! I dont smoke anyway, but I still go out... I have compromised by cutting out wine and lager and trying to drink vodka and gin instead, and instead of having a pizza or chips on the way home I try and make sure I have some healthy snacks to munch on when I get back home!

If I know I am having a big night out at the weekend I try and save up a few calories each day during the week (I dont care if people dont approve, it has worked for me!) and then will maybe do a little extra exercise on the Sunday.

So far so good, there is no point trying to cut out partying, just compromise and try and make it a bit, er, healthier?

And of course, dance to the maximum on the dancefloor to burn off some of those alcohol calories!!
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! there's no way a drink is work $5-7!! i mean REALLY!

That's cheap! I live in London and a glass of wine in the city (granted, it's the corporate corner) is usually £6 ($9.50)!!

...I'm currently planning my retirement in Bordeaux ($4 for a bottle of quality wine!! :love: )