Protein for Breakfast Ideas, Please!

Options
Pucker508
Pucker508 Posts: 67 Member
I would like to start eating less carbs and more protein at each of my meals. I find that the hardest meal for me to do this is breakfast! I know that eggs is the most logical option, but Im tired of eggs! I generally switch my breakfasts between egg-white omelets, cold cereal, or oatmeal.

Can anyone offer me any new ideas/recipes for protein packed/low-carb breakfasts that will keep me full until lunch!?

Thank you MFP friends!

Replies

• pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt.
  • Azamagias
    Azamagias Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try an Arnold Multigrain Sandwich Thin toasted w/1TBL Natural Peanut Butter and 1/8 cup (total) roasted unsalted soy nuts sprinkled on top. :smile:
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Protien shake
    Peanut butter
    cottage cheese
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Low-Carb Sausage Balls

These are yummy and very easy to grab on your way out the door if you make them ahead of time.

1 lb turkey breakfast sausage
    1/2 cup shredded cheese
    2 eggs
    2 tbsp coconut flour (or grated parmesan)
    Pepper

Pre-heat oven to 350. Mash everything together in a bowl with your hands. Use a tbsp to scoop out meat mixture and roll into little ball. This should make between 25-30 balls. Cook for 30 minutes then flip over and bake another 10-15 minutes. I like mine really well done and a little crunchy on the outside. You may need to experiment with the time a little. I just watch mine really close.
  • LeanLifestyle
    Options
    I've always raised fair few eye brows with my experimental healthy cooking..

Chocolate Whey Protein Powder not only tasty on its own but also usually contains over 25 grams protein per scoop. What I like to do is mix whey protein with ingredients such as cottage cheese or eggs to make a pancake or a muffin.

Its really simple and easy to do and there are plenty of recipes available Online

:)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean (original) mixed with yogurt, nuts & berries. Yes, this is "carby" .... but the fiber & protein stats on this cereal are worth it.

I mix powdered peanut butter (PB2) with my oatmeal. Protein powder works too. Some people make their oatmeal with milk instead of water .... this will bump up the protein a bit.

As already mentioned .... Greek yogurt is amazing. Dump in a little bit of all-bran or flax seed, yum!

Make ahead breakfast tortillas .... spice up your eggs maybe. I've seen recipes that bake eggs, peppers, onions, etc. Then wrap baked mixture in low-carb tortillas, add salsa & cheese. Wrap & freeze. Nuke in the A.M.
  • juliee274
    juliee274 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    - Soy milk
    - Yogurt (Greek is highest is protein usually)
    - Almonds
    - Pumpkin seeds
    - Spinach
    - Turkey sausage

Spinach is a protein rich veggie (remember, Popeye!)...make an omelet or scramble with eggs, spinach and turkey sausage (Jimmy Dean makes turkey sausage crumbles that are great!) and it would be protein packed!

Mix almonds or pumpkin seeds in your yogurt with some berries (low-carb fruits).
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Greek yogurt.

+1
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Protien Powder
    8oz Fat Free Skim Milk
    1 banana
    1 tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter

Mix in a blender.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You need to let go of the notion that you have to eat "traditional" breakfast foods for breakfast. Who says you can't have a piece of grilled chicken for breakfast?
  • Mommyofseven
    Options
    Lots of things to eat for breakfast that don't involve carbs are not traditional breakfast foods. Think outside the breakfast food realm. I keep bits of leftover protein from dinner meals to heat for the a.m. Cottage cheese, or any cheese for that matter. I do eat eggs a lot, but I change the taste by adding veggies and proteins to them. A scramble or omelet with different options tastes insanely different than a plain fried, poached or boiled egg!
  • Mommyofseven
    Options
    You need to let go of the notion that you have to eat "traditional" breakfast foods for breakfast. Who says you can't have a piece of grilled chicken for breakfast?
    I second that!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Low-Carb Sausage Balls

These are yummy and very easy to grab on your way out the door if you make them ahead of time.

1/2 cup shredded cheese
    2 eggs
    Pepper

Pre-heat oven to 350. Mash everything together in a bowl with your hands. Use a tbsp to scoop out meat mixture and roll into little ball. This should make between 25-30 balls. Cook for 30 minutes then flip over and bake another 10-15 minutes. I like mine really well done and a little crunchy on the outside. You may need to experiment with the time a little. I just watch mine really close.

I must try this!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Turkey sausage! I crumble and brown mine, throw in some pepper/onion mix and pour 2 scrambled eggs over it and make an omelet. I know you said you were tired of eggs but this is one of my fav high protein breakfasts!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Protein-powder! Sounds totally yuck. Try kippers, we have those here...
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast every day Monday through Friday. A cup of coffee with a tbsp of Coffee Mate, one hard boiled egg, two slices of turkey bacon, and two Fiber Choice tablets (along with my other multi-vitamins). I typically eat it in the car (wrap the turkey bacon in paper towel to transport it, then use the paper towel to hold the eggshell when you crack the egg) around 8am and start to get hungry for lunch around 11:30. If I know I'm going to have meetings or something that will prevent me from eating at noon I may eat a mid-morning snack but most days I don't and I just wait it out until noon to eat my lunch.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Low-Carb Sausage Balls

1/2 cup shredded cheese
    2 eggs
    Pepper

[

what is the calories for these? ?
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    what s the calories on these??
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Lamb Chops
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Lamb Chops

I Want to have breakfast at your house! :flowerforyou:
    My latest craze is cottage cheese (1/2 cup), flax meal (13g), sweetener (I use stevia), and blueberries (20g) microwaved. It's so yummy and ooey-gooey. Kinda like oatmeal, but it has more protein than carbs