Cottage Cheese
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    guess nobody eats steak & eggs anymore
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    ^that *kitten* will kill you bro. Don't you watch Dr Oz?
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    You need to let go of the notion that you have to eat "traditional" breakfast foods for breakfast. Who says you can't have a piece of grilled chicken for breakfast?

^^ This!

I like to eat salmon for breakfast a lot. I've added scallops to my egg white omelets. I've been in a restaurant before where they serve an Italian omelet that is Meatballs and Mozzarella cheese in the middle and topped with marinara. I always thought that would be awesome to make healthy using seasoned turkey sausage and low-fat mozzarella.

I also really like smoothies made with peanut butter, cocoa powder, a banana and plain non-fat yogurt and ice of course!
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Nut/seed butters (my wife & I use almond, sesame seed, and cashew butters)
    Kashi Go-Lean Crunch (one serving is 9 grams of protein, 1-1/2 times more than an egg)
    Smoothies with protein powder
    Beans (I know this may sound weird, but we started it after my wife read The 30-Day Diabetes Miracle, and know we look forward to them. It's really a cultural thing; when I mentioned it to a friend who had once lived in New Mexico, he said, "If you lived out there, you probably would have grown up with beans for breakfast every day!")
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

According to 60 minutes, with my high sugar intake, I'm living on borrowed time anyway.
  • cathyL11
    cathyL11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Steak --- I'm serious -- you won't want to eat again until about 3 pm. Who says you can't have steak for breakfast? Also left over stew from the night before --- forget traditional breakfast and eat whatever you want even if it's traditionally a lunch or dinner type food.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I often do an egg white scramble with black beans and maybe some salsa..... and also some veggies.... today it was sauteed cauliflower..... and a protein shake (black beans, canned pumpkin, chocolate protein powder, soy or coconut/almond milk, ice, cocoa powder) -- today my breakfast was 353 calories, 2g fat, 38g carbs, 8g fiber, 43g protein & 467mg sodium. This is a typical day for me..... I make my breakfast at least 30g of protein on a daily basis. Cereal or oatmeal are too carby, and not enough protein.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi go lean original. As much protein as an egg!

An egg only has like 6g of protein - that is not enough to start the day.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options

It's true! Everybody who ate eggs an 1792 is now dead.
  • plethorax
    plethorax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad in lettuce cups
    Chicken stir fry
    Crustless quiche
    Breakfast casserole
    Pulled pork in corn tortillas

For me, breakfast is more about meals I can make in 7 minutes or less and carry in the same hand as my coffee mug, which basically means either contained eggs, a protein shake, microwaved breakfast sausage, or leftovers. The above ideas fall either in the "leftovers" pile or in the "stuff I prepped the night before" pile.

I don't know how crazy your tastebuds are, but I once made a frittata with kimchi and goat cheese that was amaaaaaazing...
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    protein pancakes.

baked egg cups

poached egg with roasted veggies

green smoothie (w/ protein added)

:3 these are some of my faves.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Power Coffee as i call it - 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder in your cup of coffee...
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Even if you're tired of eating eggs, I know a way you can eat your eggs without eating eggs. Bahaaha it's like a riddle. Eggs are tasty when added to oatmeal (which you already eat) and it makes your oatmeal taste awesome too!! Just mix in a beaten egg into cooking oatmeal (not boiling oatmeal) and stir really fast to prevent scrambling... and voila you have oatmeal custard. Add sweeteners/fruit/nuts/whatever and it's oatmeal on steriods with extra protien.
  • now_picture_this
    now_picture_this Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Low Carb Pancakes from South Beach Diet:
    Mix together half a cup of old-fashioned oatmeal, a quarter cup of low-fat cottage cheese, two eggs, and a dash each of vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Process in a blender until smooth. Cook the mixture like a regular pancake.

Read more: http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/cut_carbs/Pancakes.php#ixzz1rfuJbO3l
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Four ounces of smoked salmon on a toasted thin bagel with whipped cream cheese, red onion slices, and capers.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I love my Green Shakes in the morning. Spinach, Kale, Broccoli, Blueberries, Strawberries, Kiwi, Grapes, Whole Nectar Protein Powder, Water/Ice. Some of the fruits will be swapped out for Oranges, Pineapple or Apples depending on what we have on hand.

Though, sometimes I will switch that up with a Choco-Banana shake: Almond Milk, Bananas, PB2, Chocolate Protein powder, Ice.

And I usually toss a serving of Chia seeds per person in almost any shake I make.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I LOVE oatmeal, so I make it (with water) and then mix in vanilla protein powder and PB2 along with some flaxseed on top. It's super yummy and filling.

I also sometimes do scrambled egg/egg whites with chopped up onions, peppers, and some type of cut up turkey sausage mixed in.

Another yummy thing, but usually too sweet for me to have first thing in the morning is to take a container of plain greek yogurt and mix in 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder and PB2. Mix all together and it's a super filling and yummy chocolate treat :)
  • Pucker508
    Pucker508 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow! You all are amazing! I truly appreciate all of your suggestions and ideas! I feel ready to try some new things for sure, and motivated to revamp some of my egg recipes :-)

Much love to MFP community!
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Another thing you could do with eggs is take out the yolk from a hardboiled one (or two or three!) and replace it with hummus (sorry if someone else already suggested that, I didn't read every single post) :smile: