Grilled cheeses

Options
1235»

Replies

• Shenzi03
    Shenzi03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bread (has to go completely to all ends of bread) provolone, and turkey is my FAVORITE. But a good ol fashion 2 kraft slice grilled cheese=amazing

LOL! I thought I was the only one who has to have everything equal on my bread! I was once told my sandwiches were like art because every bite had to have the perfect bread:cheese:meat:veggie ratio...my OCD drives my hubby crazy!! :tongue:
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Don't skimp on the butter. Rye bread. Swiss cheese, onion, bacon, jalapenos. Dirty and with a bite :)

This sounds amazziiiiiing! Must try on a cheat day!
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like to soup up my Grilled Cheese but when i dont have the ingredients for it, this is what i do.
    I make it on 12 grain bread (basically multigrain, the seeds make it extra crispy!!!), add 2 slices of kraft cheese, then.. Add some spices on top of the bread! I always put lots and lots of Garlic POWDER , not to be mistaken with garlic salt. Sprinkle it on each side of bread, cut it, then add ketchup on the side! Ive also experimented with (already mixed together) pizza spices, this also tastes freakin delicious. I love grilledcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

grilled-cheese-invitatational-oakland.gif
  • Raivynsblood
    Raivynsblood Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i make tuna melts out of mine.. drain the water off of a small can of tuna, mix with one tbsp of light mayo.. use 1/2 the mixture and a piece of cheese (i usually use singles, but after reading some of these posts, i think ill be trying other cheeses! hadnt thought of that!).. also use healthy life 35 calorie wheat bread.. super yummy!

now i wanna try dipping plain grilled cheese in chili, mozzerella with pepperoni slices, and colby jack grilled cheeses! all 3 sound wonderful!
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Wow people, there are some awesome ideas here!
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    buttered bread, Cabot sharp cheddar cheese, mashed avocado, and crispy bacon.

(when I eat regular grilled cheese (buttered bread and cheese) I always dip it in tomato soup.)
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love them made traditionally (bread, butter, Kraft singles). I also like to use pepper jack cheese. Recently, my boyfriend made me a grilled cheese with pepper jack cheese and bacon and another time with some salami (instead of the bacon).

Perhaps one of my favorite ways to make grilled cheese though is to mix some taco seasoning with the butter. Then, butter the bread with this mixture. Use pepper jack cheese and when it's done, dip it in some salsa! Delicious! :)
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    Slice up an apple and put it in with the cheese. Nom.
  • ashley2586
    ashley2586 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    pepperjack cheese smothering sauteed red onions and jalapenos in a buttered and toasted hamburger bun. mmmm......
  • Ashleysh22
    Ashleysh22 Posts: 209
    Options
    rye bread in a pan with olive oil - one slice swiss, one slice chedder. to die for