WHY AM I NOT LOOSING WEIGHT ????? HELP IM DOING EVERYTHING I

Options

Replies

• marbly
    marbly Posts: 103
    Options
    Hey guys, really looking for some help here. I am not over weight and only have 4kilos to go but i am still not loosing weight !! Why is this ?? I am doing everything I can, im under my calorie goal every day and im working out for an hour a day (and i dont mean light exercise). Im burning an average 650 cals a day on exercise and despite my calorie counter saying i should loose a pound a weight i havent seen any change!! Please tell me where Im going wrong ??? Any advice greatly appreciated !!

I'm about your weight (60kg) and 5'6". You look about my height. My question is - what exercises are you doing which has you burning 650 cals an hour? There is no way I can burn 650 cals in an hour of intense exercise. If your cal burn is accurate, upping calories is probably the only way forward.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I just want to say good for you, OP, for having such a great attitude. Often people start a thread like this and they can get really defensive and argue back with advice. I can tell that eating more is nervous making for you, but you were cool on here about it. Thanks!

And I pretty much always agree with Taso around here. You can trust that he's giving good thoughtful info and not blowing a bunch of bro science at you.
  • dizzy1403
    dizzy1403 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No not yet, I just joined and I have a ankle injury right now and can't work out. Love Zumba, I go to a local community class that is held at a local gym. Strained a ligament squatting??How dumb is that. Anyway I am in a brace for one more week and I do hope to get back to excerise soon. Good luck with you healthly life style. sounds like you are on the right track. TTL
  • CrystalBow
    CrystalBow Posts: 2
    Options
    What does eating back you exercise calories mean??
  • lacrirozi
    lacrirozi Posts: 7
    Options
    It could be sodium?
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    In.
    Waiting to see when this thread turns into a loose vs. lose thread. *grabs popcorn and settles in*
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I don't see where you're logging anything... are you doing it elsewhere?
  • Autumnsun26
    Autumnsun26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your calories?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm just waiting until people realize this thread is a year old.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Are you actually logging food? I looked at your diary, but it shows nothing for the last several days at least...

1. If not logging, how do you know you're staying "under" your calorie goal?
    2. Are you eating back at least part of that huge calorie burn?
    3. Are you taking measurments?

You aren't gaining significant muscle if you're eating at a deficit, so that's not it...but you might not be eating enough (or you're not accurately tracking what you eat).
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I didn't see any entries in your diary. But if you're hitting the carb "goal", then that's why you aren't losing. I've been eating 1000 less per day for months and haven't lost anything. Dropped my carb intake, and now I'm FINALLY dropping the weight.

For what it's worth... your picture is pretty darn cute. A lot of us would LOVE to be at your weight. If you can't lose that last 4 kilos, try to enjoy where you're at.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    That would explain the lack of entries. Which dummy kicked this thread back up? BRB
  • mdruif
    mdruif Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You need to up your calorie intake.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    That would explain the lack of entries. Which dummy kicked this thread back up? BRB

Maybe this is why we think noobs don't use the search function? When they bump old threads, no one can figure out what's going on.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    If you are losing inches, why are you concerned about the kilos? It's the inches that will make you LOOK better.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    ROFL, necro thread resurrected.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • rwknick
    rwknick Posts: 1
    Options
    try eating more protein after your workout
  • lausmit4477
    lausmit4477 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are probably under eating which is why many people stall.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^This!

ETD: Old news! LOL
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    LOOK AT THE DATE OF THE FIRST POST EVERYONE!