Snacks/Desserts you love (healthy)?

Options
Mdin1029
Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
What are your favorite snacks or healthy desserts that feel like an indulgence without being bad for your health?

I recently tried baked apples, cored and filled with cinnamon and walnuts and loved it!
Also tried Yo Crunch Greek Parfait, yummy!

Replies

• trinoc
    trinoc Posts: 73
    Options
    Homemade Granola. If I've got extra calories to eat up after dinner I'll grab a small serving and if I'm really feeling indulgent I'll mix in some dark chocolate and dried fruit. Not low calorie but extremely healthy when you have calories to spare. :-)
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I always like quartered strawberries and some cool whip/whipped cream. When I have them, I'll also add blueberries. Love em!
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt + raspberries + a little honey. SO GOOD!!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    my go-to is vanilla ice cream. before that it was fudge bars. ice cream sandwiches before that. popsicles are also awesome.

(though this last week, in keeping with the season, cadburry creme eggs. yes, please.)
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    bump
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I like frozen yogurt for a special treat.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I like string cheese. It's fun. :happy:
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I love skinny cow desserts!!! They have these vanilla ice cream sandwiches I can say no to. Only 140 Calories, 2 fat cal.
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I tend to crave salty foods over sugary ones. One of my favorite quick and easy snacks is Starkist chunk light tuna in water (I thread about it so much you'd think I was a spokeperson). I warm it up in a pan for a few minutes without using oils or cooking sprays. Throw in some red pepper flakes, cherry tomatoes, or any other veggie available in my fridge. Great on a sandwich too. Lean protein and guilt free snack :)
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I like dried pineapple chunks as a snack. It's so sweet
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I REALLY like to spread natural peanut butter on a green apple.

I also like to take a tub of Light Cool-Whip and stir in about a third of a packet of dry JELLO mix and a drained can of fruit. It makes multiple servings of a fruity, creamy delight that feels like dessert but isn't nutritionally worthless.

I'm really into fruit smoothies so I reach for a Naked juice (Red Machine is my favorite) if I'm on the go. It's sweet and filling and HYDRATING.

Fruit leather is a favorite snack of mine. Stretch Island Fruit Company makes an excellent one that can be found at a lot of grocery stores (usually in the Health Food or organic dry goods section). It tastes like an improved fruit-roll-up but is 100% fruit.

If you're more into salty snacks, I'd recommend nuts. The good fat goes a long way in weight loss and they are very satisfying!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I'm a sweet freak, so for me it's Skinny Cow and Luna Bars...yum!
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    ben and jerry, bless them, have great greek yogurt out now, too.
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I treat myself to good chocolate. 6 squares of chocolove dark chocolate is ~160 calories and is substantial enough for me to feel like I'm not depriving myself.
    I also like good strawberry or other fruit preserves mixed into a serving of cottage cheese.

Someone a little while ago suggested heating up a fiber one 90 cal brownie and putting a scoop of slow churned ice cream over it. Mmm brownie a la mode.
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    Greek yogurt + raspberries....

Chocolate avocado pudding!
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    discovered this week that the little rolls of smartees are only 25 calories, too. so those are good.
  • jennyonthespot
    jennyonthespot Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It's not exactly "healthy" for various reasons, but it is low cal. I like to make sugar free jello, let it set, then mix fat free cool whip in with a hand mixer. It's this fruity, light yumminess that fits well into your calorie goals.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I love skinny cow desserts!!! They have these vanilla ice cream sandwiches I can say no to. Only 140 Calories, 2 fat cal.

^^YEP!!

And Brookside Dark Chocolate covered Pomegranate pieces...soooooo good. Get 'em at Costco.
  • JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    Hummus and pita chips! So yummy! :)