• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Only on a treadmill. In a crowded gym. In the FRONT ROW. :blush:
  • AnnyisOK
    AnnyisOK Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Guess this topic got resurrected.
    But yes, very recently! About a month ago I was running a fairly slow pace per doc's orders and tripped on my foot, went flying across the sidewalk. Thankfully there was no one around to witness it. Scrapped up my knee, arms and hands pretty bad, even banged up my chin. It looked like i got into a fight. I still had 2 miles left so i got up and kept going. More annoyed that i scratched up my new Fitbit and Brooks.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Only on a treadmill. In a crowded gym. In the FRONT ROW. :blush:

LOL. Hope you were OK. I've seen someone do that. Apparently he had a bit of a brain-fart and completely forgot he was on a treadmill so when he stopped to adjust his clothing, he went flying off the back.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Several times, once I was running on the sidewalk on a very busy road. As it was leading up to a bridge over a river the sidewalk narrowed to about one foot wide. It was then that I cought a toe on a large stick. I remember wondering if I was going down the embankment, hitting the bridge or going into traffic. I was able to find the narrow sidewalk but managed to tear my brand new shoes.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure only you have fallen down while running. Everyone else is just lying to make you feel better. I certainly have NEVER fallen down while running. Plus, i cycle, and i have certainly never fallen over because i forgot to un-clip from my pedals when stopping. Nope, And for sure that's never happened at least once a year.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I use to do trail runs, so I tripped a lot.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Yes. Once a year, it seems. Dealing with a broken finger from a fall right now. :(
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I don't even care that this is a zombie thread because I fell RUNNING FROM ZOMBIES. Well, using the app. At dusk, on a deserted dirt road. Skinned my knee, cracked my phone, got up and kept running because THEY WERE AFTER ME!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I fell and ended up hitting my chin and knees badly once.
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I did a couple of weeks back on a cruise ship. Was trying the treadmill for the first time in my life. I was running and listening to music and everything was right in the world. Then suddenly a man comes up behind me, and I turned to see who it was.

Guess I dont have to explain what happened next.
  • Legs_McGee23
    Legs_McGee23 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've fallen more times than I can count. My knees are all scarred up. During a trail relay a couple years ago we had a really bad storm that turned the whole course into a muddy bog. I ran four legs and fell 5 times. My latest was about six weeks ago; three weeks before I had to wear that <--- bridesmaid's dress. I tripped over a root, slid on a rocky area on the trail, scraped up my leg from ankle to hip and tore a big nasty hole in the palm of my hand. No one who knows me is surprised when I hit the ground.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread...

Anyway, the main thing to be aware of is pausing your Garmin
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Yup- then ran another 6 miles.
    Right of passage!

20160206_200625_zpsz87yy9l2.jpg