Motivation board!

Options
Hello! I am making a motivation board, what are some of your favorite motivational quotes or advice?

Thanks!

Replies

• emberlatrella
    emberlatrella Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    " Pain in the struggle is only temporary. It could be that you feel in a minute, hour, day, or year. But if you give up, the pain will be felt forever. ” (Lance Armstrong, former U.S. Cycling Athlete)
  • Sorrycharlie2007
    Sorrycharlie2007 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That's a great one :)
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great Idea!!!!

"Every achiever I have ever met says, 'My life turned around when I began to believe in me"
    ~Rober Schuller
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    "My goal is go to bed tonight healthier than I got up this morning." Not sure who said this but I took it from MFP. Another is---Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.
    Great idea Mariah. I have them on post-its stuck on the credenza above my desk.
  • Sorrycharlie2007
    Options
    These are great ones
  • makkc02
    makkc02 Posts: 6
    Options
    Though no one can back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
    Not sure where it came from but my friend sent it to me and I have it psted on my desk at work.
  • Sorrycharlie2007
    Options
    Bump
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    zombiefastfood_fullpic.jpg
  • Lindacharp
    Options
    Nothing comes to those who wait. So get moving.
  • Johnnyutah45
    Johnnyutah45 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Pain don't hurt -Patrick Swayze. Roadhouse-
  • Sorrycharlie2007
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Some of my friends and I sometimes post motivational quotes so i'll share some of them

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey. The same guy who knocked a robber with his left hook at the age of 78

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." -Michael Jordan. Did you knew he was cut from his HS team?

My coach got 2 advice for me when I started out with him. 1) Listen to your body. If you need a break, take a break and step back. Pushing yourself is good but if you're injured, you're not pushing nothing but a wheel chair. 2) DO WHAT WE DO! We're in the business to create Olympians and if you wanna be an athlete, do what we do! This advice is coming from a 50+ years old man who works out atleast 4-5 hours a day

"Dont limit your challenges. Challenge your limits!"

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
  • Sorrycharlie2007
    Options
    Those are wonderful
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    My motivation:

I will work hard until I walk by someone and hear them say ...
    dat.jpg

that's what I want. and I'll keep going till I get it.
  • auntlolly
    auntlolly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sweat is FAT crying!
  • jedikrissy
    jedikrissy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Here are my 10 favourite quotes of all time!

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Lao Tzu

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Gandhi

"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."
    - William Shakespeare

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. " - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement." - Brian Tracy

"Life can be pulled by goals just as surely as it can be pushed by drives." - Viktor Frankl

"Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow." - Doug Firebaugh

Oh and my all time favourite from the wisest little green dude.
    "No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try. " - Yoda (Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back )

Cheers :wink:
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    My motivation:

dat.jpg

I LOL'd, love that!
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great board! There are some great quotes already- the zombie one made me laugh soo hard!

Mine is:

"Live loves the liver of it"
    -Maya Angelou

People get confused by this quote sometimes (liver doesn't = part of your anatomy in this quote ;). I guess what it means to me is that life is kindest and rewards those who go out and live it. Which is why I am on mpf, I'm trying to live my life to its fullest by getting healthy.
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Here are some that I really love!!

"discipline is doing what you know needs to be done even if you don't want to do it."

"it's not easy but it is worth it."

"the difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you DO. and what you have to do to get where you want to be. May not be pretty or may not come easy..."

"good things come to those who work their @sses off and never give up."

"I am my biggest obstacle so I am getting out of my own way. I decide."

"Today I will: work out and get stronger, nourish my body with healthy foods, get one step closer to achieving my goals, take a moment to appreciate my life, start planning for tomorrow."

"unless you puke, faint, or die... keep going!"

"you only regret the workouts you don't do!"

"if you're not going to work for it then you sure as hell don't deserve it."

"pain is temporary. quitting lasts forever."

"if I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."

"some dream of success while others wake up and work for it."

"accept the challenges so you may feel the exhilaration of victory."

"never give up, never surrender."

"push until it hurts, so next time it will hurt less."

"be the girl you were too lazy to be yesterday."

"suck it up and someday you wont have to suck it in."
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My motivation:

dat.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I get this remark already....but I'm still wanting to lose more! :wink: