Couch to 5k

Options

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all you who are doing this. When I read all the posts of those who have completed various levels it motivates me to keep going. Amy, thanks for telling me about couch to 5K. You're a wonderful daughter and I'm so proud of you. :smooched:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I am on Week 4, Day 3. I recently brought my ipod to the gym with me and it definately boosted my motivation.

Crissy - Week 8?!?! That's awesome that you're able to do that.

And to everybody else - it's good to know there's other people doing the same program as me to get fit!:smile:
  • lettuceb
    lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Did Day 3 Week 2 this morning....it was hot out! I added one more session of jogging to take it out a little further and felt good. I look at the following weeks and think to myself "I hope I can do those!" Keep it up everyone and Good Luck.
  • mommared53
    Options
    I was looking at the ages of the people on this thread. This cto5k group range from 18 to 55 years old. How cool is that! Keep up the good work and good luck to everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    18 - 55 - I kinda fall in the middle - that's very cool!

I finished week 8 today! actually cut about 10 minutes off of my time from the first 2.75 run as day 1 week 8 - so I am extremely happy with that.

Will begin week 9 on Wednesday.

Happy Running everyone!!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I am on Week 4, Day 3. I recently brought my ipod to the gym with me and it definately boosted my motivation.

Crissy - Week 8?!?! That's awesome that you're able to do that.

And to everybody else - it's good to know there's other people doing the same program as me to get fit!:smile:

This program works - when I started my adventure losing weight, I couldn't jog a 1/4 lap - when I started couch to 5k I'd been working at it and was jogging 1/2 laps SOMETIMEs i'd venture to a whole lap - and look at me now...today was 11 laps jogging and 2 laps walking (1 do 1 lap for a warm up and 1 lap for a cool down then stretch)

I still cannot beleive what I'm doing!
  • fanta014
    fanta014 Posts: 56
    Options
    From 18 to 55.. I suppose that means I'm the youngest one, haha :happy:

Anyway, I must say I'm liking this program so much! Tomorrow morning will be Week 4, Day 2 for me :smile:
  • mommared53
    Options

Anyway, I must say I'm liking this program so much! Tomorrow morning will be Week 4, Day 2 for me :smile:

Looks like I'm the oldest. :laugh: Good for you. I had to stop temporarily. My training partner (my daughter) is sick and I'm having leg issues. I'm having a hard time even walking right now because of pain in the back of my knee for some reason. I'm not giving up though. I hope to be back in training really soon.
  • fitgal411
    Options

Wrong! We're the same age . . . unless I turn 19 before you, then you actually ARE the youngest one!:wink:

Still stuck on Week 4, Day 3 . . . Week 4, Day 3 . . . someone give me a push in the @$$ to get started again!:laugh:
  • lettuceb
    Options
    Yesterday I did Day 1 week 3. The hills in my neighborhood are getting easier. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to jog for 3 minutes straight but I didn't have a problem at all. I love how this program works so well and was able to do a whole 2 miles!
  • chrissyh
    Options

Still stuck on Week 4, Day 3 . . . Week 4, Day 3 . . . someone give me a push in the @$$ to get started again!:laugh:
    Have you done it already and just haven't moved on? I remember looking at my next workout going-you've got to be crazy but I've done everyone of them and you can too - afterall you wouldn't want us old folks to out run you would you????:wink::laugh:
  • Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options
    Yesterday I did WK2 Day1. I watched my DH finish his 1st triathalon on Saturday. If that's not a kick in the pants to get in shape, I don't know what is. I told him I'd do it next year. Today I rode my bike for 12 miles. I am alternating days of Couch 2 5K and biking. I will tackle the swim later, I have a year.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    WOW - I can't imagine a triathalon - just be sure you allow some rest in there too - an injury would slow you down -way to go!!!

Finished week 9 day 1 Couch to 5k - 3 miles - I can't beleive I did it. There was a woman at the track while I was on my last mile. After I finished jogging, I walked a lap (1/4 mile) to cool down...then was stretching. She cam over and started talking to me-she'd been running for decades - she was turning 70 this year...she told me she has two artificial hips....told me that she was impressed with my form and my steady pace we talked about my warm up and cool down laps and my stretching - and she gave me lots of kudos and told me to keep it up - it was so encouraging....

Bottom line - she said make sure you warm up, cool down and stretch to avoid injury, allow rest time to avoid articial hips!!!

Happy Running!:smooched: :bigsmile:
  • fitgal411
    Options

Have you done it already and just haven't moved on? I remember looking at my next workout going-you've got to be crazy but I've done everyone of them and you can too - afterall you wouldn't want us old folks to out run you would you????:wink::laugh:

:embarassed: :laugh: I can just imagine that . . . :laugh: But you know what? You're doing GREAT, and you probably could out-run me, anyway!:blushing:
  • fanta014
    Options

Wrong! We're the same age . . . unless I turn 19 before you, then you actually ARE the youngest one!:wink:

Haha, so why don't we go and finish our Week 4's tomorrow? :wink: That's what I will do. Tomorrow morning before going to work I will be doing the last run of Week 4.

I just checked the running program again and I'm SCARED of next week :laugh: 20 mins jogging?? Me?!

Btw, Chrissyh, your message was SO positive :flowerforyou: There should be more people like that around, I'm sure it was incredibly encouraging to talk with the 70-year-old :smile:
  • fitgal411
    Options

Haha, so why don't we go and finish our Week 4's tomorrow? :wink: That's what I will do. Tomorrow morning before going to work I will be doing the last run of Week 4.

I just checked the running program again and I'm SCARED of next week :laugh: 20 mins jogging?? Me?!

Btw, Chrissyh, your message was SO positive :flowerforyou: There should be more people like that around, I'm sure it was incredibly encouraging to talk with the 70-year-old :smile:

Oops, I just finished it today! One day early. :ohwell: I'm glad that I finally finished Week 4, though. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • fanta014
    Options
    Noooo! :noway: I just went to Nicole's blog (Go Nicole Yourself) and I cannot read it since I'm not an invited reader!! How am I going to download the podcast for Week 5 now? Does anyone have the link to the downloads or something? I need her podcasts, lol.

PS. Some good news - Week 4 finished :smile:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Noooo! :noway: I just went to Nicole's blog (Go Nicole Yourself) and I cannot read it since I'm not an invited reader!! How am I going to download the podcast for Week 5 now? Does anyone have the link to the downloads or something? I need her podcasts, lol.

PS. Some good news - Week 4 finished :smile:

There are other sites that have podcasts for the program. There will probably be one similar, and if not, I always use my own music anyway.:smile:

Starting Week 5 when I get back from vaca which will be next Sunday, so I will be a week behind!:angry:
  • fanta014
    Options
    Yay, Nicole's site is back :smile: So, I downloaded all podcasts for Week 5 right away. I'll be starting the fifth week on Monday, I think.
  • lettuceb
    Options
    Finished Week 3 while at the beach today. It was wonderful to run on a flat surface vs. running on hills. Oh the dreaded week 4 next week. Hope I can do it. I always look at the next week and wonder how the heck am I going to finish it! :noway: