• thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey All.
    Week 3 day 1 Done.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Way to go all my Couch to 5k pals!!! Everyone is doing great! Today will be week 9 day 2 for me....
  • fanta014
    fanta014 Posts: 56
    Options
    lettuceb,
    You can do it! :smile:

tttthumper,
    Congrats on starting the week 3 :flowerforyou:

chrissyh,
    You don't have much left! Only two to go, wow :happy:

It's so nice to have this support here. I think the last run of the week 5 will be hard for me but I will try. Actually, I told myself that it's ok to have only 15 mins as an aim instead of 20. But, we'll see how it goes. I started the fifth week today and it was all good.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    lettuceb,
    You can do it! :smile:

tttthumper,
    Congrats on starting the week 3 :flowerforyou:

chrissyh,
    You don't have much left! Only two to go, wow :happy:

It's so nice to have this support here. I think the last run of the week 5 will be hard for me but I will try. Actually, I told myself that it's ok to have only 15 mins as an aim instead of 20. But, we'll see how it goes. I started the fifth week today and it was all good.

You will be surprised I remember clearly looking at week 5 #3 and saying Yeah right - 2 miles....well I set my mind to do the time...well I made the time and only had a couple laps to go on the track to hit the two miles and I convinced myself I could do it and I did....you can do it!!!!

Just finished week 9 #2. Once I finish the final workout, I figure I'll add 1/4 mile per week to 4 or 5 miles with some sprint intervals to try to help build speed. I've already gone from 4.1 MPH in the long run (2 or 3 miles) to 4.28 MPH - so it's getting better as I move forward-I know it's a very slow pace but considering I didn't run at all just over 2m ago - I am very proud to see my distance getting longer and my speed creeping up.
  • lettuceb
    lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am doing Day 1 Week 4 this evening!
  • Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options
    Just got done with my training...Day 1 Week 3. I thought jogging 3 min straight would be the death of me. But I'm still alive, exhausted and sore, but alive!
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    ouch. Just started the c25k program on friday. I was able to make it through the w1d1 (at 300 lbs this was NOT an easy thing) . . .but now i have to wait a few days before i can try it again. I got MASSIVE (3" by 1") bleeding blisters on my upper heels. Couldn't even put shoes on the couple of days right after. Today they still hurt. I didn't want to invest in "running shoes" and just used my normal sneakers. I figured I would see if i even liked it enough to stick with it before buying better shoes. It seems i may not have any choice in the matter.

anyway, I am not going to let this deter me, I just need to do a little work before i can restart the program :)
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    does anyone have the link for the podcasts? i cant find them :embarassed:
  • Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options

http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/page4/files/category-7.html
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options

thank you
  • fanta014
    Options

thank you

Here are a couple of more:
    http://gonicoleyourself.blogspot.com/2008/06/couch-to-5k-podcast-page.html
    http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html

You can Google for some more :smile: I myself use Nicole's podcasts and I'm extremely happy with them. Actually, I think I need to get the 5.3 podcast into my MP3 player right now :wink: I did 5.2 yesterday evening in pouring rain (seriously pouring - when I got home I was ALL wet, even my underwear, haha). I don't usually like the rain but I just felt like running so I thought why not just go for it. I think I'll try to finish Week 5 tomorrow.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    How frickin proud am I to say that I FINISHED COUCH TO 5K!!! Since week 4, I've been doing distance rather than time - well my time might be slow but I just jogged 3 miles and I feel great! I even cut 1m18s off my time from my second week 9 run! So I am extremely proud - don't be surprised if you see me all over these boards bragging on myself!!!
  • lettuceb
    Options
    I did day 1 week 4 last night and the hills in my neighborhood kicked my butt! I was tired to begin with but was able to do 2 miles in 27 min. I thought the last 5 min of running was going to kill me!

Keep up the good work everyone! Remember slow and steady!
  • lettuceb
    Options
    Chrissyh that is fantatstic!!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I did day 1 week 4 last night and the hills in my neighborhood kicked my butt! I was tired to begin with but was able to do 2 miles in 27 min. I thought the last 5 min of running was going to kill me!

Keep up the good work everyone! Remember slow and steady!

Hills are my next task - I finished the program on a track - so now it's time to tackle the terrain.
  • fanta014
    Options
    Chrissyh, congrats! You did an awesome job :flowerforyou:

I've been thinking how to make my next run as smooth as possible.. there are hills around the area, so I think I'll try to avoid those when trying to reach the 20 minutes running :tongue:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I've done some runs on a bike trail that's mixed terrain - but not acutally tried a distance run - that will be my next run - this weekend. Tomorrow is strength class
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    chrissyh - Congrads

Fanta, I've heard a few people say that they go jog in the rain it's fun.

Week 3 day 2 tonight after work. That 3 min span might get the best of me.
    or
    I'll just have to do what I was waiting to do, quitting time. I feel I can jog longer , but my lungs aren't allowing me too:laugh:

So this weekend , is the boys weekend camping, and I will be making an attempt to quit smoking after the weekend.
    I looked at Week 4 and beyond.
    I don't think I can be a smoker and continue. So the time has come.
  • lettuceb
    Options
    Hills are my next task - I finished the program on a track - so now it's time to tackle the terrain.
    [/quote]

Yeah, I ran at the beach this past weekend where it was nice and flat and I went a lot farther and faster. You don't realize how hilly some places are until you run on them. Still, finishing is fantastic!
  • fanta014
    Options
    tttthumper,
    Best of luck with your attempt to quit smoking! I bet you'll feel a lot better once you start feeling the effects of quitting. Lol, well I have never even smoked a single cigarette, but my dad has been a smoker on and off.. started when he was a teenager, quit around 25 but then picked the habit up again at 35 or something. A couple of years ago he "quit" again - two months smokefree but then he started again. Oh well, that was a bit off-topic...

I'm SO happy today! I managed to finish the fifth week today which means that I did run for 20 minutes :smile: Yeah, me, I did it. I still can't believe it, haha :noway: