Lost 50 pounds in a healthy way =D

Options
13»

Replies

• shelbydmorris
    shelbydmorris Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I cant see your pictures, but totally awesome! Keep it up - your goal is my goal so you have given me some more inspiration. #BuckeyeLife - I agree on soda. I have to cut it out to - and I know it will = less flab in my tummy.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    way to go! you look great!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thanks I just wish I could get my tummy to go awayy lol. I just dont get how I weigh more but I fit smaller pant sizes now then when I was 16 just dont make sense to me lol..

Getting your stomach to decrease is going to take you getting stricter on your diet. Soda is basically not going to allow this, at all. Soda is loaded with 40-45g of sugar, if your not doing something to use this energy it becomes fat instantly. Usually, stomach. It also has other effects that aren't superb. I REALLY recommend getting into water as much as humanly possible. You also may need to change the composition of your diet. Trying to restrict your body to healthy carbs and fewer in general will force your body to start switching over to burning fat for fuel and this helps as well.

As for smaller pants and same weight... It is all composition. 1 lb of fat is 1 lb of muscle, but the volume is different. So your muscle mass is going to show on the scale, but your volume is going to be different than the fattier version of your weight. There are ladies on here that have gained a few pounds and went from soft and skinny to healthy and toned, they also tend to lose size as well. The scale is not the best measurement of your life.

I have defenitly gave up alot of soda! I used to buy alot of pop and drink a few a day probably, but now I may drink one or 2 a week MAYBE lol. I drink pretty much water for everything else. I try to eat alot of fruits and veggies now, one thing I have been a vegetarian since 7th grade. I guess I am no longer a vegetarian but I almost am, and I probably dont get all the protein I need.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    your loss of weight also definitely made you look years younger and also mega happier. congrats on the weight loss keep up the great work =3
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    your loss of weight also definitely made you look years younger and also mega happier. congrats on the weight loss keep up the great work =3

I was only 20 years old in my pic where im bigger haha, I just turned 22 now. I have always looked young according to people that know me but yeah i think it makes me look younger too. And so much happier, I think it really helped me to be happy with loosing the weight and leaving a no good relationship. I still have to deal with the drama from that relationship and its been 6 months but Im glad I can take care of myself better now.
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thanks I just wish I could get my tummy to go awayy lol. I just dont get how I weigh more but I fit smaller pant sizes now then when I was 16 just dont make sense to me lol..

Getting your stomach to decrease is going to take you getting stricter on your diet. Soda is basically not going to allow this, at all. Soda is loaded with 40-45g of sugar, if your not doing something to use this energy it becomes fat instantly. Usually, stomach. It also has other effects that aren't superb. I REALLY recommend getting into water as much as humanly possible. You also may need to change the composition of your diet. Trying to restrict your body to healthy carbs and fewer in general will force your body to start switching over to burning fat for fuel and this helps as well.

As for smaller pants and same weight... It is all composition. 1 lb of fat is 1 lb of muscle, but the volume is different. So your muscle mass is going to show on the scale, but your volume is going to be different than the fattier version of your weight. There are ladies on here that have gained a few pounds and went from soft and skinny to healthy and toned, they also tend to lose size as well. The scale is not the best measurement of your life.

I have defenitly gave up alot of soda! I used to buy alot of pop and drink a few a day probably, but now I may drink one or 2 a week MAYBE lol. I drink pretty much water for everything else. I try to eat alot of fruits and veggies now, one thing I have been a vegetarian since 7th grade. I guess I am no longer a vegetarian but I almost am, and I probably dont get all the protein I need.

Good on the pop, it is bad. But you'd still be amazed at how empty it is really. I tried a Mt Dew Sunday, just not even remotely worth the carbs or calories, didn't taste for anything. Pepsi, last time I tried it, tasted awful and I would refuse to to drink that ever again. It eventually just falls off your palette I think. Be careful on the fruits, they are high in sugar carbs. While they are GOOD natural ones, you do not want to over indulge. Sugar/carbs that are unused become fat immediately. Here is a link to a video explaining a bit about this, best 3 min video ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNYlIcXynwE&feature=player_embedded
  • wmako
    wmako Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome! You look great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!