I lost weight for a guy

Options

Replies

• thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I think losing weight for anyone but you is stupid. If a guy didn't like me at my heaviest, he does deserve me and my hot, post weight loss bod.
  • bakerr1975
    Options
    Some women do lose weight to attract a guy and vice versa. My first husband was attracted to me because I had a six-pack and the guys were eyeing me. Then I got pregnant (twice) and gained weight, then he left me. I still have the gained weight plus more. My current husband loves me even with all the weight, but I'm "trying" to lose weight for ME!!! Each person has a different idea on how they should look or act to attract the opposite sex. Just be yourself. I was taught that "true beauty" is on the inside.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Not the best reason, now just hope she keeps it off for herself.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    All those politically correct answer are cool and def loss weight for yourself and your health cause you will feel great , BUT I will say this when you go to the car lot to buy a car, the car is washed, clean inside, New tires and the fluids topped off. If you want a husband be the best YOU you can be. A lot of women out here try being a nickel and want a dime and end up old maids. <jumps off soap box>
    agreed
    i think there's a difference in doing it as a way to self improve as opposed as being a way to catch a man, even though the results might often be the same.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight for 2 guys...one is 9 years old and the other just turned 1....:heart:

And i do think many many many people lose weight to impress or attract someone whether by request or implied.:wink:
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    All those politically correct answer are cool and def loss weight for yourself and your health cause you will feel great , BUT I will say this when you go to the car lot to buy a car, the car is washed, clean inside, New tires and the fluids topped off. If you want a husband be the best YOU you can be. A lot of women out here try being a nickel and want a dime and end up old maids. <jumps off soap box>

BS..........................I found my SO as an overweight person. You love the person, not the weight. The weight loss is frosting on the cake. I know plenty of women and men who are overweight and have a "skinny" SO.

Losing weight so someone will want/like you is stupid. They need to like/love what is inside of you. You should want to get healthy for yourself, because you want to live longer and feel better. It has nothing to do with a PC answer. If you're only losing weight for someone to like/want you eventually you'll resent that person and there won't be any motivation to keep it up.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I lost weight for a guy too.... ME! People need to do it for all the right reasons.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    but what happens when her motivation leaves.. I mean not saying that her husband will leave her but relatively speaking here. If someone were lose weight to catch a guy or a girl and then it doesn't work out with said guy or girl.. they would probably turn to food for comfort, or they would then start to question what they did wrong. did they not workout hard enough, did they not lose enough weight... or did they lose too much weight. I mean that just messes with your mental state.. Losing weight and getting in shape should always be for yourself and the your health IMO
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I lost 25lbs back when I was 19 to attract my ex bf...it worked for a while.

I ended up gaining all 25lbs and more several years later though.

This time, I have been doing it for ME. I like the strength I feel, not just how I look in my smaller clothes. I actually feel strong and powerful. That's my motivation!
  • Adrienne_bone
    Options
    I think if you lose weight for any reason it's good but I'd be afraid to lose weight just for a guy. If he doesn't like you fat then I'd be scared of what would happen after I had a child and gained baby weight. It'd be stressful to always have to look top shape for someone else but if you do it for yourself then you're more understanding of your circumstances and you understand your gains and losses.
  • Apa93
    Apa93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If it gives you motivation, then that's all you need.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't cross the street for a guy (avoid one, yes. For them? no) but whatever.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    But isn't losing weight for a guy just really losing weight for yourself? Or did this guy say "I'll date you when you lose weight."

I doubt he said that - so likely the person is losing weight because they think they'll be more attractive to the guy when they're skinny. Again - that's really more about yourself than the guy.
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Did she mean she thought no one would date her if she was heavier? Or did she meet a guy and he told her she needed to lose weight if she ever wanted a ring?

Sometimes I think when I lose weight I'll start looking around and dating again, not so much for the guy but because I'll feel more comfortable gettin' nekkid :wink: But if a guy told my to lose weight for a ring I'd probably wring his neck
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I lost weight for a guy too!!! He was so helpless and sweet and GORGEOUS! I loved him from the first time I saw him.

He's also my son and when I was pregnant with him I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I was told that if I didn't do something soon I was going to harm my baby and myself. I was also told that I would be diagnosed with diabetes later in life too and that didn't sit well with me. So I changed it.

And my little guy was what kicked it off.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I HONESTLY USED IT FOR MY MOTIVATION. I WANTED TO GET MARRIED AND HAVE KIDS, THEN ALONG THE WAY AFTER DROPPING 50 POUNDS I FELL IN LOVE WITH WORKING OUT. STARTED CHANGIN GTHE EATING HABITS AND IT SHIFTED FROM DOING IT FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO DOING IT FOR ME. IT FUELED MY FIRE AT THE START THEN MY LOVE FOR MYSELF KEPT IT GOING UNTIL I HIT MY GOAL :)
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am attracted to men with muscle and if I want someone who is that hot, I better be getting that hot myself!
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    That is the DUMBEST thing a woman could do for a man. Lose weight for yourself, not for everyone else.
  • Stylistntenn
    Options
    If the guy only wants you if you are thin or have lost weight, he is not worth it. My husband has loved me unconditionally regardless of my size. I'm not saying DON'T lose weight, but if you DO, do it for yourself and for health reasons.
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Anyone who required me to change before they were prepared to be seen with me is not worth a second glance.