100 days, 34 lbs, no exercise. You can do it...

Options

Replies

• nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • stardivap413
    Options
    That is amazing I bet you feel great! Honesty is a big one for me actually holding myself accountable you know? I think what you have done is awesome, very commendable
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration and I'm thankful there are people out there with good heads on their shoulders about the "reality" of actually losing a lot of weight! I tend to get focused on the beginning--gung ho, full steam ahead: workout 6x a week for an hour? sure, no problem! But then 2 weeks in, I realize that wasn't reality and I need to slow down and figure out how I can really do it. Refreshing to read your story, thanks for sharing!
  • amalthea23
    amalthea23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You're the first post on here that I've found REALLY inspiring. I mean, truly, I am inspired. Thank you! I'm chronically ill, and some days I have it in me to do extra physical work, but most of the time I don't, and a lot of the time I'll do more than one day of working out and then I'm wrecked for days at a time and I have to stay on the couch. Today was the first of those days since I started on MFP and I was reading everyone's workout updates and feeling really terrible. I felt like I was never going to get where I wanted to be, and what's the point, etc etc. But this post really made me realize that there's a reason MFP asks for your activity level initially, and it really IS possible to lose without having to work out like a maniac, or even at all. Thanks for making me feel included. Just because my lungs aren't up to snuff doesn't mean the rest of my body can't be. I really appreciate your post.
  • 707janette
    707janette Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for writing you are very articulate and your writing style was like a friend talking to a friend. I appreciate how you went into so much detail that it gives the reader a clear understanding of everything you are saying. Congratulations on your weight loss and thank you for helping others as well.
    :bigsmile:
  • kiwilass
    kiwilass Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story....so many people start off being really overweight and the though of having to excerise till you're 1/2 dead before you loose any weight can be off putting.

There are lots o ways to loose weight and hopefully we can all find a healthy way that suits us. Thanks
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Great inspirational story!! Well written :) and I totally appreciate that you knew your own limitations and were completely realistic with yourself. Maybe that's a bigger key than Ive realized...

Nice work :)
  • Araucaria29
    Araucaria29 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. Really helps realize there are as many ways to go about losing weight as there are people. Good to know I can still lose weight even on the days I cannot squeeze in some kind of workout.
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options
    This has been THE BEST post I think I've seen on here, and so dead on!!! I'm not anywhere near my ultimate goals, however, I've made significant progress doing what I CAN do, and succeed at, like you were talking about. Thanks for the encouragement!!

Great advice here folks!!! :)
  • ms_tris
    ms_tris Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Loved it! Every word. Thank you.
  • wrecked_willow
    Options
    Bump to read this later
  • ronnio_ron
    Options
    very good and inspiring...

doesnt matter who the audience is a gymmo or not....great work...

patience & persistence has helped u a lot...like the 5 min meal rate stuff....cool
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thank you for a wonderful post! Very well written!

I too am not exercising... I curently eat about 1600 cals and I am losing weight. So yes, it really could be done without starvation and with little exercise. :)
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I haven't started exercising either. I'm eating 1590 calories a day and the weight is coming off, slowly but surely. I am eating normal food, and haven't given up anything, although I had a good diet to begin with in terms of the kinds of foods I was already eating. I think my diary is open if anyone wants to take a look. (I did go 50 cals over last night, it was a birthday celebration).

I will probably start exercising at some point, but for now I'm content.
  • DoingthisforChris
    Options
    Great Post...
  • kaaabney
    kaaabney Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a post like this. You have explained myself to a T in your post and I was wondering if anyone had any success without exercising. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your story. Thanks!
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Super cool!!!
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Saving to read later =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!