100 days, 34 lbs, no exercise. You can do it...

Options

Replies

• Marks281172
    Marks281172 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Nice Post :) .. i personally am a big eater/hard exerciser but i am a big believer in doing what you enjoy and can sustain... its so true that you need to be honest with yourself like you say. In my case it was 'you are going to eat big, so you need to exercise big' and that works for me but i know you can get equally great weight loss with diet alone.

Great work!
  • katduck8
    katduck8 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you so much!! When I kept reading "the Jillian Shred" and "Elliptical 45 min" and "running 60 min" I was like Seriously??? Not for me. My hubby and I walk everyday. He is 6'5" and I am 5"3" and I had to run to keep up with his "stroll". I was miserable and hated it, so I finally told him NO MORE, you go at your pace and I at mine. And now it is fun!!
    I appreciate this so very honest viewpoint. I love to eat, and feel so deprived when I can't have. The only thing that ever works for me, is cutting back, and some exercise. I hate the gym, its not ever going to be something I enjoy.
    You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SmallSleeves
    Options
    Great post. It feels great to find a routine that works and at the same time, does not drive you crazy. I think I've finally found my groove as well. I finally have come to accept that slower weight loss is better than no weight loss or continuous yo-yo dieting. Myfitnesspal has been a great tool in helping me to accomplish my goals as well!
  • baird3605
    baird3605 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story with all of us. I sent this to my hubby who's been struggling to find out what works for him and this may be it.

Best of luck on your weightloss/health journey. We're all behind you in making this a successful one.
  • 79kimmy
    79kimmy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump for later.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Love this!
    This just shows that eating what you enjoy in moderation is key, and that moderation/healthy eating choices impact your weight more than exercise/starving yourself.

Awesome!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Great story! I know it can be done, I lost 2kg this week without much exercise at all.
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    Congrats, and thanks for sharing! I'm glad to see that I wasn't lying to myself when I said if I just eat a little better I might lose weight!

I've heard plenty of people talking about losing weight, and really all they did was a little walking...the eating didn't change (of course, the loss wasn't as much as yours.) I'm actually doing almost what you're describing. I do exercise some when I have the energy or just the want to (sometimes I do actually like turning on the music and getting on the elliptical...I'd rather have a treadmill, but the elliptical was free for me)

I'm just TRYING to eat a little less of the things I usually eat, and a little better for some things. Luckily, I just got another puppy recently and am working on leash training and socializing, so I've been getting a bit more walking done than I usually would have otherwise.
  • lovel31
    lovel31 Posts: 2
    Options
    Congrats!! I have only been during this for about a week,and i feel great ,i walk everyday for 30 minutes,and I'm starting to see a little change,but hope to be where ur at in about 3 months,thanks for the encouragement.
  • chriscm70
    chriscm70 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great post, thanks! :smile:
  • mibrewer413
    mibrewer413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    LOVE this post. Pure honesty and written extremely well. I can't do P90x or some other hard core regime and I don't want to or have the time. I think you do have to be honest with yourself and do whatever works for you. I like to walk to be out in nature and listening to my ipod and that works for me. I have definitely changed my eating habits too and eat really good Sunday through Friday and have a sort of cheat day on Saturday.
  • Cheshire_Kat
    Cheshire_Kat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great story, well done!
  • stage5
    stage5 Posts: 12
    Options
    Nice one and more power to you for sharing your story.
  • Val_91
    Val_91 Posts: 36
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and more importantly, thank you for being so open and honest. It was a very... uplifting, I guess you could say, read for me.
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    wow thats really motivating thankyou :)
  • skinnyby30
    Options
    congratulations! that is amazing and you have done a great job!!! :smile:
  • Briszler75
    Briszler75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This post makes me feel so much better, thank you!
  • Tangerine16
    Tangerine16 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'd also agree that it's possible to lose the weight mostly by diet. I've lost 22lbs in 14 weeks on here (start weight 155), during which time the most exercise I've done has been a 30-60 minute walk every so often (not anything like 3 times a week!)

Also I have a bit of arthritis in my hip which doesn't help with walking or anything more strenuous.

OK, I am a bit flabby now. But it's so much easier now to move around, so walking is more fun, and if I want to I can start doing some weights.
    14363700.png
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Basically, "To thine own self be true." :flowerforyou:

I have finally found the path that is uniquely mine and it's true ... it's much easier this way, not fighting your true self.

I particularly loved reading the response from arshness. It's a very beautiful thing that you probably helped her regain her life.
    That's golden!

Great post! Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!