I can't stop eating Chocolate!!! Or sweets!! :(

Options
13»

Replies

• lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    i could be wrong about this but i was told that drinking tea does not count towards your water consumption for the day. that tea filters differently into the body....have you ever heard that? because i love tea and it would really change a few things for me.

You need to get around 8 glasses of fluid every day in order to stay properly hydrated - that doesn't have to be plain water, but water is best! The reason MFP gives you a separate place to log water is because plain water doesn't have any calories in it - everything else does, even if it's only a tiny tiny amount and you'd have to drink a gallon of it to log one calorie. So, log water as water, and put everything else in your food diary.

The only exception is caffeinated drinks - generally people agree that these *don't* count* towards your fluid intake because caffeine actually has the effect of dehydrating you.

ETA: Not all tea is caffeinated so to count your tea as fluid it would need to be something like a herbal or fruit infusion, not English breakfast tea, green tea etc as they have caffeine in.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I like Hershey kisses, because one feels like a serving. I also buy sugar free snack pack puddings, diet hot chocolate and chocolate cereal.

I like chocolate, so I fit it into my calories.