What if your husband doesn't want you to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• renejtrainer
    renejtrainer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My husband has seen me when I was thinner and now with the weight gain. He likes me bigger. However, I don't like myself at this weight. So I'm losing it. I don't care what he likes and especially when it is my health and body. He has been supportive since I have started losing weight. So to the OP, you have to do what makes you happy and healthy. If you aren't comfortable with your weight, lose it. If he really loves you, he will love you when you're thinner.
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If he really doesn't want you to be healthier, I think it's a sign of a bigger problem. I love my wife however she chooses to be, and will support her even if I do not agree with what she does.

Now THIS man is what a HUSBAND should be!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • mamnboston
    Options
    your husband needs to be supportive of your needs and desires
  • CarriLu123
    CarriLu123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Let me just say in my husbands defense he has never asked me not to lose weight nor has he tried to derail me in anyway. He has even offered to go to the gym with me and help strength train since I am so lost with that. BUT he constantly makes remarks about how he prefers me now opposed to 15 years ago.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'3. I'm smaller now then when I met my husband, and he prefers me smaller rather then bigger. He says the sex is better. I think the sex is a lot better as well.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Just point out how flexible you will be once the fat is gone... that might help... :flowerforyou:
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    He should want to support you being healthier. It will keep you alive longer..
    :flowerforyou:
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I think that if you want to lose weight and be healthier you should do regardless of what your husband likes/thinks. It is your body and you should do what makes you happy.
    I don't understand why he would not want you to lose weight. I think sex will still be great regardless of how much you weight (unless that is his fetish). You can always teach him to love your new body?

If my husband told me he didn't want me to lose weight, I would tell him that I respect his opinion but that I will do what I think is right for me.
  • BiggTim
    BiggTim Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    "If you want to lose weight and don't do it, you'll regret it later.

He won't stop having sex with you, I promise."

This is true. I totally agree.
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    He'll get over it...
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My husband loves my curves! With that said, he also knows that I am at an unhealthy weight and if he wants me to be here for a while he knows that I am going to have loose some of this weight. Your husband will get over it and love your new and improved curves! :wink:
  • angemarie23
    Options
    My husband prefers me at no less than 150 but is 100% supportive of whatever weight I'm comfortable with. He is buying healthy things at the store, made room for Shakeology in our budget even though we can't afford it, and even bought me the pedometer on his own. Just because he thought I would like it. :-)

He has noticed a huge difference in my overall health since starting this program and he would much rather have me happy...than the weight of his choosing. I would hope that other husbands would be supportive of their wives as well. It's okay if they have a preference for bigger women...as long as...in the end...they are supportive of your decision.
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    My husband doesn't want me to lose much weight if any at all. He likes me how I am. But he knows I prefer to be a bit lighter and will be happier with that and accepts that. I'm doing it for me.
  • TAMMYCLARK62
    Options
    My husband is a bigger man but has health issues that he uses for excuses not to exercise. He doesn't say he doesn't want me to lose weight but he does nothing to encourage it either. I try to explain to him that eating better and exercising will make him feel better too. He still makes excuses. For a long time I did nothing about my weight gain and health problems because I felt it didn't matter to him anyway but one day I just woke up and said "screw this". I have always been active and in good shape and I am doing this for me and if he doesn't like it then he is not the man I fell in love with and married. My life is important to me and I have learned that if I am going to be happy and look after myself then everyone else in my life will be happy too (if not too bad). I am worth taking care of and if I don't do it nobody else will.
  • Maidei
    Maidei Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem. No husband but my bf says I am becoming to small and am right on his "boundary" before he starts finding me unattractive. I am no where near where I want to be but at the same time I don't want to become something he doesn't appreciate. He hates muscular girls and any hit of muscle will turn him off so he says. I was so excited about getting into shape but now I am so torn over what to do :( Oh life.
  • richied26
    richied26 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    insecurity!
  • Zaii
    Zaii Posts: 29
    Options
    Screw yo husband!

lol
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend got with me when I was only a little bit smaller then I am now.

He dont like skinny girls at all.

We came to a compromise.

I dont wanna be skinny and neither does he want me to be.

I do however wanna be healthy and feel better about myself so we came to an agreement on a "thick" weight. Lol.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Its your body. Do what you want.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I dont wanna be skinny and neither does he want me to be.

I do however wanna be skinny
    Huh?