I lost 19 lbs eating pasta!! Please read, & share… thought

Options
13»

Replies

• LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Its a great option for those Gluten Free people as well, they are made out of Mung beans, or sometimes I think (dont quote me) soya beans, here in NZ its called Vermecelli..

No, there are Soy Shirataki and their are Soy-FREE Shirataki (made from yam ...konjac i think)
  • anaussie
    anaussie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    No fishy smell..earthy aroma. Wash in warm water for a minute or two. Great to stay regular. There are a million ways to prepare them...I make do stir frying with soya sauce and some garlic-ginger paste.
  • karmelkutie310
    karmelkutie310 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! Yes experiences are great… but if u just came on this thread to say “I lost weight eating normal off the shelf pasta, who woulda thunk” like a smart *kitten*, its like just go away theres no point in your ignorant comment … I just want to hear from people who tried it and if you liked it/hated it, why or why not! For recipies try youtube…. and yes they do keep you regular and the positives (in my opinion) far outweigh the negatives. :happy:
  • karmelkutie310
    Options
    I eat carbs like crazy including pasta. Regular italian pasta. Moderation, moderation, moderation.

very true!! that is solid advice, but I tend to go overboard. Wayyyyyyyy overboard. I have a binge eating problem when it comes to real pasta, I just go crazy. But glad its worked for you! When I reach my target weight and start maintenance, I’ll keep this in mind!
  • sjostrich
    sjostrich Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds eating pasta! and beer! and ice cream! I fit the foods I like in my calories and macros.

Woman after my own heart :D
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Really? Zero calories? I will check them out for sure and thank you! and yes I love pasta too
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    very true!! that is solid advice, but I tend to go overboard. Wayyyyyyyy overboard. I have a binge eating problem when it comes to real pasta, I just go crazy. But glad its worked for you! When I reach my target weight and start maintenance, I’ll keep this in mind!

Me too!! I love pasta, but a 350 calorie portion just doesn't fill me up and I hate wasting more calories on just pasta alone and in just one meal?! Will give these a try for sure - thanks for sharing!! :flowerforyou:
  • karmelkutie310
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I don't understand all the haters on here...sorry you were trying to help people and received all this negative feedback (aside from the people just saying they plain don't like them)!! I know I can't have regular pasta - one cup turns into 1/2 a pound - which is why people (like me and probably you) look for alternatives to pasta! Duh!! We all need to do what works for us. I've seen other people recommend these noodles, I'm going to have to look them up.
    If you haven't had spaghetti squash, definitely try it!!! It's more calories than the shirataki noodles but still far less than regular pasta. I can eat a half a spaghetti squash baked with the cavity filled with mozzerella and sauce for 300 calories!! It tastes just like an indulgent baked pasta dish AND I'm getting the health benefits of eating squash rather than just processed bleached flour. Plus it helps with my giant appetite - I can eat like a man twice my weight!! :laugh:

Thank you! I’ve come a long way…. my lifes just like anyone elses “I been thru a lot” but so happy to finally see a smaller me and to be getting my body, mind, and soul in sync. Many people notice too.. I cant wait to upload my before and after for my mini goal in a few weeks :) BIG diff
  • karmelkutie310
    Options
    Really? Zero calories? I will check them out for sure and thank you! and yes I love pasta too

your welcome! and glad u learned something lol
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I normally eat a lot of rice noodles with my stori fry's but have realised how high in carlories they are so this is a perfect alternative for me. WIll check out the local chinese supermarket this weekend. Thanks for the share!!
  • karmelkutie310
    Options

Me too!! I love pasta, but a 350 calorie portion just doesn't fill me up and I hate wasting more calories on just pasta alone and in just one meal?! Will give these a try for sure - thanks for sharing!! :flowerforyou:

You are welcome! And EXACTLY…. my son has these little tiny Chef Boyordeee (spell check) ravioli cups… I swear they are sooo tiny.. I bought like 10 of them for him & ate one and went CRAZY!! I finished 3 and told myself “that wasn’t too bad, they're kids-sized” until I read the side and it says “391 CALORIES/ 52.2 CARBS”… IN ONE SERVING!! They are def at least worth a try ;) I say go for it
  • karmelkutie310
    Options
    I normally eat a lot of rice noodles with my stori fry's but have realised how high in carlories they are so this is a perfect alternative for me. WIll check out the local chinese supermarket this weekend. Thanks for the share!!

You’re very welcome!! This should work GREAT for you! Hope it does :smile:
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yeah if it will trigger overeating stay away ! lol good luck.
    I eat carbs like crazy including pasta. Regular italian pasta. Moderation, moderation, moderation.