Outback Steakhouse

Options
13»

Replies

• PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    you've not been!? LOVE the blooming onion but definitely NOT healthy. I wouldn't try to eat well at Outback if I had a gift cert. I'd skimp on breakfast & lunch, work out like a demon and PIG OUT on bloomin' onion, tall drinks and a juicy steak.

Not that I recommend it, just sayin' I know me

^This!^

If I'm going to Outback, you'd best believe I'm having part of a bloomin' onion, some aussie fries and a thunder from down under :)

But, if this is gonna be your giant meal for the day, maybe go for lunch. You won't feel famished from not having much to eat all day, and you'll probably be full for the rest of the day and just need a snack in the evening.

I agree here, I'm always much happier doing a big meal the middle of the day, especially if I've gone to the gym that morning. Start the day off with a hardboiled egg and a piece of fruit, hit the gym, hit the outback :) Makes it a bit easier to make healthier choices, but gives me the rest of the day to get in extra workouts if I need to. However, I'd be tempted to just not bother logging calories.
    Bloomin Onion, itty bitty steak, and a handful of Wallaby Darns. Ooooomg.
  • jenniferlynn12
    Options
    It's my husband's favorite but I don't eat red meat so the steaks are not tempting. I used to get the chicken and veggies which are good--you can even get it "lighter" but it's not too many calories difference. My favorite thing is the bloomin onion so (this is crazy i know) but what I do is eat some onion and then just order the house salad as my meal. I get the dressing on side and I get to splurge on some bloomin onion and i'm not stuffed when we leave. :)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I rarely get to eat steak, so if *I* was going to Outback, I'd enjoy a ribeye with some loaded taters and veggies and work out like a mad woman either before or after the meal =)
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    6oz Filet woodfire grilled, salad with sweet potato

This is my favorite too! Medium-rare.... mmmmmmm
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    As an aussie, I have to say wtf is a 'bloomin onion'? LOL

And Alice Springs has a lot of Aboriginal people, and very little quasedillas! hahahah

I remember when my family and I went to the one in Vegas and we were like, "A legit aussie place would have lamb!"

But yeah I remember when I went there, there was some form of light option where they would cook it without butter, and have steamed veg as a side
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    I have the MFP app on my phone. You can type in your selections ebfore you go and it pops up the calories in each selection. I think the whole menu is in MFP. Super easy!
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    If you go steak, you can ask them to cook it without butter. They, like a lot of steakhouses, basically fry the steak in butter.

mmmmm butter....and your pug is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!