Are you one of these people?

Options

Replies

• sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Marathon training is one way...anytime I run 6 or more miles I am close to or over 1,000 cals. Then there is two a day workouts, and my group training which is boot camp style, HR stays up for majority of the class. Mostly I see the 1000 cal burns when I run though in one workout. Typically to get that high from strength training or yoga its two a day workout day. So yes, it is possible to burn that much, you just have to keep that heart rate 130-180 to see it!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    65 minutes on the treadmill using intervals on speed and incline. Post what is on the machine. Of course like one said earlier... I am 293 lbs so that makes a difference on the burn.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    After an hour of working out I am typically around 1060 calories burned. I'm also 220 lbs.
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have to run for 1 hour and 28 mins to burn 1000 calories

OR

Spinning class for 1 hour then a 30 min walk home

Makes me want to sew my mouth up and never eat again :(
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I work hard, at high intensity & a combination of cardio & weights, but I still don't hit 1000 calories!!! It's hard seeing others who have burnt off heaps of calories in the same time frame as me & I only have half the amount. I find that 2 hours of high intensity gym classes have me at between 800-1000 calories burned, however I barely do classes as I haven't got a gym membership with classes at the moment! :noway: So I do anywhere between 60-90 mins of exercise and usually burn about 200-300 on cardio machines for approx 30-45 mins and approx 200 cals doing 30 mins of weights/strength training. So I usually burn about 400cals on a normal day.
    I am switching gyms VERY soon to have access to high intensity classes again!!!!!
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Ice hockey, all out.
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Zumba class for an hour burns about 700 calories for me...im 5ft 135 lbs. :bigsmile:
  • michellekrz15
    Options
    When I burn 1000 calories or more, I am typically doing vigorous exercise in zones 3 and 4 mostly, for about 90 minutes. The max I can burn in an hour is about 800 calories. This is while doing running, the Arc Trainer machine, or other high-intensity cardio. An hour of weight-training will usually only get me about 450 calories (that's with a 10-min cardio warm up).
  • keish84
    keish84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Boot Camp or a 1hr boxing class...Amazing!
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I burn that much (sometimes more), when I go on hikes. But that's only when it's like several hours of hiking, or an all day trip. My numbers come from my HRM, and I pause it when we're resting or stopped.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It also depends on how much muscle mass you have. The more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn.
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Insanity :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    dancing about like a drunk, stoned monkey or Zumba for short
    jogging, walking with stairs and hills. I was bored for New Years eve @ work. I work graveyard hours and I had to be there even though there was nothing to do so I went outside w/my Polar HRM to see how long it would take me to burn 2012 calories. 1 hr and 31 mins. :smokin:
  • drezha
    drezha Posts: 18
    Options
    Cycling for over an hour usually does it. I use the Garmin website to track my workouts and I trust the calories on their over the MFP ones - they seem much higher here (certainly for cycling). More so if I do HIIT sessions.

I quite like long hikes/walks as well - last one I did was 4 hours long and burned 1,500+ calories (Garmin)
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I haven't burned over a 1000 calories since I was much bigger. I would have to workout for a couple hours to see that kind of burn now.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Cycling for more than an hour at avg pace of 18 mph or faster Or running for 7-8 miles
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty big girl, I burned over 1000 yesterday.
    20 minutes stationary bike
    20 minutes legwork on the machines
    55 minutes Latin Cardio Dance
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    On the weekend I like to do a 3 mile run, then a beach body workout (usually Insanity or TurboFire), then hop on my elliptical while I watch cartoons.

Feels great, I usually burn 800-1000 cals before 10AM :bigsmile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think the only time I logged a burn that high was when I spent the entire day painting a room and rearranging furniture myself.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have not been able to work out for the past month due to a minor operation I had to have (but hopefully I get cleared to go back to the gym next week!), but my workouts usually burn 1000+. I box, and let me tell you, that workout is a killer!