Officer shot in the line of duty

Options
13»

Replies

• steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    God rest his soul. It's amazing how many people really do still care about those who put their lives on the line and sometimes make the ultimate sacrafice for us all.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that. I live right down the road in San Antonio, and I haven't seen any of this on the news. What a shame to not share this with the rest of the world. We just lost our 5th officer in the last 24 hours this year alone to violence. May God be with them as they protect and serve. Thank you to all of our police officers out there for every thing you do.
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    How heartbreaking. :cry:
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    As a daughter ,{and D-I-L} of a police officer, this hits close to home. My heart and prayers are with the family. I cannot begin to imagine the pain and sorrow they are feeling right now.
  • RunningMama1276
    RunningMama1276 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I, too, have been a part of a procession such as this. Nov 29, 2009 4 officers were killed execution styly in WA. One of the officers shot was my best friends brother-in-law. The number of individuals on the sides of the road showing love and support was absolutely amazing. THANK YOU TO ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT AND INDIVIDUALS SERVING IN THE MILITARY. OUR COUNTRY WOULD NOT BE WHERE WE ARE AT WITHOUT YOU!

**Side note - the sicko found and killed a few days later. There were about 7 friends / family members found to have been involved (harboring) and nearly all of them were found guilty to some degree and have, or are still, serving prison time.**
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart:

My father and oldest brother are firefighters in Toronto, Ontario. I have experienced first hand the outpouring of love and support that happens when a police officer or fire fighter is killed in the line of duty. My heart goes out to this police officer's family and to your community for losing a fine person.

Thank you for posting this

:cry:
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    As a funeral director, these types of funeral processions are always astounding. Wow.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    What amazing show of support from the Austin community. May he rest in peace.
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I was honored to be on the receiving end of this procession as my hometown of San Angelo welcomed home a hero at 8:45pm last night. It was truly awesome to see the turn out at that time of the evening and with little spouts of rain during the time he was arriving. It was reported that the procession leaving Austin was 30 miles long. It took the procession almost six hours to make what would typically have been about a four hour drive.

God bless all of the law enforcement community and their families. As the wife of a deputy (and myself working alongside DPS officers) I know that every shift may be the last, but I also know, that the officers are doing what they want to be doing. They are protecting the community.

My teenage daughter is friends with Jaime's nephew who was in the procession. He said the family was incredibly touched and honored to see so many people come out to pay tribute to their family member. It really meant a lot to them. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to pay your respects to him.
  • birdieintx
    birdieintx Posts: 298
    Options
    What a beautiful post and photo, Meredith. I copied it to my facebook to share there as well. I am so glad our city honored Officer Padron the way he deserved!
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    How sad. Thanks for sharing that with us.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    A police chief and patrolman were just shot and killed in NH tonight...it never ends.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    We just lost one of our deputies today in Modesto, CA.
  • Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Very touching! May he rest in peace!
  • bigswedeman
    bigswedeman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I sincerely admire the respect and togetherness you Americans have for your service people (this too includes officers). Teared up a bit looking at that photo. I think here, it would have been a smaller crowd.

8dcadb6840949120adfbd521df34.jpeg

Officer Styles killed in the line of duty last summer in Southern Ontario - just in case you missed it.