JM 30 Day SHRED....HELP PLEASE--WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

Options
124»

Replies

• wasking
    Options
    You need to increase your calories, especially doing so much exercise. Increase your calories to 1450 and you will almost certainly start losing again.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS and I'm glad I read this. I weigh in tomorrow (I do it weekly) and so if by chance my number is up, I won't freak out as much. I'll just try to stick with it and hope for good results overall by the end. Thanks!

(Bump!)
  • no1belongs
    Options
    So I see everybodys wonderful results and amazing transformation but why AM I DIFFERENT? Don't get me wrong I support all my MFP friends and encorage all those who I am friends with...BUT I am so Jealous!!! I was losing weight consistently and had loss 23 pounds. Starting weight was 206. I decided that perhaps with adding exercise I could speed up the process and get even better results. NOPE. I reached 185 and over the last 11 days have only gained weight. I am now 188. Up 3 pounds. Still eating 1200 calories aday and exercising at min. 30 miniutes. I have started to increase water intake but really only at 48oz's a day. All I can think of is that it is because of the JM 30 day shred. I love the program and have done it everyday for 11 days. I just started level 2 but why so much weight gain? Has this happen to anyone else? I wanted to finish strong and post pictures but at this rate I think I need to leave the exercising to when I finish losing the desired amount of weight. I have 30 more pounds to go. PLEASE if someone can help me figure out what is wrong I WOULD BE VERY APPRICIATIVE!!!!!! I have not posted before but if there is someone who has gained weight on 30 day shred I would love to hear from them. Thank you!

so you are aware when you feel soreness that is your muscles building and when you build muscle you retain water. which is all is sounds you have done is gained water weight. also look at your foods maybe more protein and raw veges over fruits. or sodium intake could be it too. i started 30 day shred yesterday and im sure im gonna go up some but if i is water weight you will lose is too just keep at it. and check measurements of scale the shred helps more people tone then with weight lose as i have heard. i hope this helps ^_^ good luck in your journey and feel free to add me
  • banks89202
    Options
    I gained a few pounds when I started the shred too..no biggie!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Def gained weight at the beginning, have not weighed in yet but I can tell a BIG diff in my body.Tomorrow is mty 30th day and as of today I have already lost 5 inches off my waist alone :) Keep at it doll, it will be worth it and the lbs WILL come off ^u^
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    did you measure yourself? If not you should.
  • mauswood
    mauswood Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Keep going with the program. If you continue to work out while you're losing the weight you're more likely to avoid loose saggy skin. If you haven't been working out at all and just started then your muscles are likely to be retaining water etc. It's only been 11 days, don't get frustrated by the scale. You're making yourself stronger - don't stop exercising whatever you do, it WILL pay off!
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    1200 Calories?

I'm at about the same weight you are, and my min goal calories are 1450.
    And that was with sedentrary as my activity level.

You don't seem to be getting enough calories.
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Well, you are not alone, I have done the 30 day shred several times and none of the times have I actually ever lost weight, although I definitely noticed greater 'toning'.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!