Achy feet while exercising?

Options
13»

Replies

• judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    i had this problem for a long time specifically because i have really flat feet and cheerleading shoes don't have much support in the arch but once i stopped cheerleading and invested in a really good pair of shoes which cost me a little over $100 it pretty much went away i noticed someone else mentioned they got asics just like to say that's what i also bought
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Vibram five-fingers ?
    They are minimalist shoes, more like being barefoot, except with a little bit of tread on the bottom of your feet. They call them five fingers, because they have individual slots for your toes. It's supposed to be less restricting on your feet.
    http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You may have the wrong shoes for your feet (go to a runners store and get them checked). I agree with the arch supports, it also may be that your feet are unused to being used in such a way, so need a little adjustment time. When I went to the runners store and found the right show with the proper insert, the pain in my feet pretty much went away. I've also seen a podiatrist for other reasons, but he agreed with the inserts and the need for a strong, stable shoe (don't buy them cheap, because that's what you'll get).
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I had PLANTAR FACIITIS about a year ago in both feet and really struggled to walk.... i had to wear lace up shoes to fully support my feet as this was all that was helping apart from the pain killers.... i also had to do a few feet exercises ie. stretches and i used to keep to cans of soda in the fridge and at night would get them out and sit them under my feet and roll them back n forth... it helped a great deal........ occaisionally i get a twinge in my feet and i think its gonna all start up again.... but touch wood it hasnt and lets hope it doesnt..... i hope your problem clears soon:wink:

That's what I'm dealing with now. I think mine is nearly gone (hopefully cleared within the next two months) but I know how painful it is.
  • nikkiher100
    Options
    My feet goes numb all the time. I find that loosening my shoes a bit helps, or just getting up, if i'm laying down, or taking of my shoes for a few minutes then putting them back on. I just bought a new pair of running shoes, and the first time working out in them, my feet did go numb. The second time, i dint seem to notice if they were numb or not. The shoes and how tight you have the laces might be the cause of it too.
  • bellarinabunny
    Options
    Dr Scholls may be cheaper, but they don't last as long and when going to a Podiatrist, you get custom inserts. They mold your feet, send the molds to a lab and correct the bio-mechanical errors in your feet in a neutral position. Plantar fascitis can be corrected, and so can foot pain. The pain should take about 4-6 weeks to subside. You are basically healing a rip in a tendon that runs from the Achilles tendon (the back of the foot/ankle) to the ball of your foot (where the actual toe bones meet and bend.
  • pkf82
    pkf82 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have very good shoes with orthotic inserts, and my feet ached so bad I had to stop. I will stretch feet next time and hopefully that helps.