Breakfast ideas? (I need to eat!)

Options
I have been horrible at eating breakfast. I know I need to. What are some of your favorite things to have for breakfast?

I eat oatmeal sometime but am not a big fan of it.

Special K cereal I like and it has a lot of iron and folic acid...both which I need.

Other ideas? I'm really stumped here.

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I have Greek yogurt (Chobani raspberry) with vanilla protein powder most mornings. I get up at 5:30am, but usually don't eat until around 8:30.
  • acmilan11
    acmilan11 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm Italian and I can give you some ideas! You can make a Fritatella! :
    1 egg beatten with some chopped onion and some crushed, dried mint flakes. Mix all together and fry in a pan. Let it spread the whole pan. when done, you can slice like a thin pizza and eat with a slice of toast.

Or some cheese (good cheese like Greek Feta or Parmigiano Romano) with Krispix toast (twice backed toast you can dip in tea or coffee) and tea.
  • Raqfox
    Raqfox Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of greek yogurt with granola and dried fruit. Also oatmeal - at the moment I am particularly in love with baked pumpkin pie oatmeal. You could also cook up an egg, top with ham or canadian bacon, a slice of cheese, and throw it on a english muffin.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    I scrambled an egg + one egg white and added a cup of brown rice to that and soy sauce. AUUUUmazing.
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites:

english muffin, tablespoon of peanut butter, 1/2 banana
    egg beaters cooked with sausauge crumbles, english muffin
    instant oatmeal
  • smith176
    smith176 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    porridge! so unbelievably filling...
  • shannon1120
    shannon1120 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Eggs (I usually go for 2), a scoop of low-fat cottage cheese, and whatever veggies you like (tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, broccoli) all scrambled together. So yummy! And only around 180 cals :-)
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    1 egg over easy on a slice of toast, maybe sprinkled with a little mozzarella cheese.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Try yogurt w/ granola or fruit in it. I also eat Smart Ones English Muffin Sandwiches, they're good. Fry up an egg, top w/ fat free american cheese & avocado on a sandwich thin roll.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i usually do toast with a little margarine, a yoplait yogurt, and 2 cutie oranges
    some times i do toast with a little peanut butter, banana and honey ( this keeps me full most of the day)
    cottage cheese and pineapple with tortilla "chips" ( spray a tortilla with cooking spray sprinkle with cin. sugar broil until browned cut in to triangles)
  • sammyjowedeking
    Options
    I am on a smoothie or shake kick right now for my breakfast. Simple and fast but packed with nutrients! http://laceyinloveblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/diy-smoothie-packs.html
    The website I posted has an amazing way on making smoothies! I do this all the time and it only cost about $11 to buy everything you need and you can make 9 smoothie packs out of it! I like to add oatmeal and flax into it. Cant taste it and it gives it extra nutrients for about 200 calories!
    ORRR I have been also doing a slim fast shake. I bout the milk chocolate mix and I put a scoop of that, a banana, and 1 cup of silk vanilla almond milk with some crushed ice. All together its about 210 calories and it fills me until my next meal.

Both of these ideas can be paired with fresh fruit and a slice of toast!
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I LOVE special K choclatey delight - who wouldnt like cereal with chocolate in it?!
  • maruxf
    maruxf Posts: 39
    Options
    Watch the granola though. A very small amount can have a whopping amount of carbs/sugars.

I usually go with fruit, yogurt (greek), coffee w' a little bit of milk (or black), a hard-boiled egg, 3/4 of bran cereal (i mix this with my fruit and yogurt), and 16onz of water. I usually sprinkle cinnamon on EVERYTHING.

I usually skip bananas in the morning and go for berries (blueberries are my fave). Bananas I save for before or after a workout.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I put protein powder in my coffee like creamer (it is yummy!) with a little almond milk/toriani syrup and then I have two pieces of sprouted wheat bread with 2 TBS Better-n-Butter (low cal peanut butter) and fresh fruit....and the best part is that I can eat it while I drive well over the speed limit to work :) I also like baked oatmeal (boatmeal) with cream cheese or peanut butter on top. You can get several recipes on chocolate covered katie dot com.....she is the bomb!
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I do Shakeology for breakfast. It's a meal replacement-type shake. I like the chocolate the best, with a bit of almond milk. Yummy!
  • adoptakalyn
    Options
    2 packets instant cream of wheat (make with water)
    add cinimon and one packet of splenda
    add 1/4 cup of granola
    add banana, rasberries, or strawberries

stir and enjoy :)
  • adoptakalyn
    Options
    2 packets instant cream of wheat (make with water)
    add cinimon and one packet of splenda
    add 1/4 cup of granola
    add banana, rasberries, or strawberries

stir and enjoy :)

This has about 430 calories in it, however you can cut it in half to ~215 and it will still be packed with energy bursting nutrients and be just a filling.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I often have a peanut butter (or almond butter) sandwich on a good whole grain slice of bread with a low sugar fruit preserve. Quick, easy and nicely filling!
  • 116AC
    116AC Posts: 1
    Options
    I think if you add fresh sliced apples and raisins you make like the oatmeal much better. I try to eat it every day and adding those two sides to it makes it much more tasteful. Along w/chopped walnuts.

Special K is good w/sliced. banana.

Adding fruit to breakfast makes it delicious and healthy. :)

You can also add a slice of toasted wheat bread w/ peanut butter or jelly or both.
    with those two B-fst dishes.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to eat breakfast?