Breakfast ideas? (I need to eat!)

Options

Replies

• kskostamikel
    Options
    Except for the weekend I always have to have breakfast that I can take on the go, but some of my favorites are protein shakes, protein bars, jimmy dean delight sandwiches or the smart ones sandwiches, homemade granola bars. You can also google omlete in a mug, those are pretty good and quick.
  • jillybee23
    Options
    I make a fruit salad. Its wonderfully delicious, low carbs and filling
    1/4 - 1/2 Cottage Cheese
    1/2 Banana or Apple
    4 -6 Strawberries
    Handful of Blueberries
    Handful of Blackbarries
    Handful of Rasperies

Optional: Add some Orange, granola, wheat germ, almonds or low fat yogurt! Enjoy! I avoid the melons because they are so high in sugar and that is why I also use only 1/2 a banana or apple but never both at the same time.
  • ShanaGore
    ShanaGore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Smoothies in the morning are quick and easy. At night I put some plain greek yogurt, a little skim milk and a variety of fruit in the blender and sit it in the fridge, in the morning I blend pour in a glass and drink on my way to work. You can mix up the fruit so you don't get tired of it.

I also like oatmeal, not the instant packets, but the quaker quick oats. I cook the oatmeal then add fruit and nuts. On Saturday's since I have a little more time, I usually do 2 scrambled eggs w/veggies and 2 strips of turkey bacon.

I think the key to staying full is to eat a good balance of carbs and proteins for breakfast. One or the other alone is not going to do the trick. And remember, if you don't like traditional breakfast food, no ones says you can't have a turkey sandwich on whole wheat w/a tomato for breakfast.
  • sjjacobs1
    sjjacobs1 Posts: 17
    Options
    BLT Egg-white sandwich- Low-cal bread, toasted topped with 2pcs turkey bacon, tomato (I don't do lettuce at breakfast)
    Tomatoes and cottage cheese
    bagel thins with low fat cream cheese, tomato or strawberries
    oatmeal with milk, splenda, strawberries or peaches for a peaches/strawberries and cream flavor
    oatmeal with splenda and sugar free syrup
    pre make boiled eggs for morning rushes
    omlets!!!
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've been do quick breakfast wraps lately. Whole wheat tortillas, slice of cheese, egg beaters egg whites, and whatever else you want to put in. Its usually under 300 calories and I can put it together in less than 5 minutes when I'm in a hurry to get going. Its also very easy to eat on the go. It keeps me full well into lunch time.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I usually have an eggbeaters omelet with 3 eggs turkey bacon onion pepper and a slice of non fat cheese and a bowl of cream of wheat or oatmeal.
  • sjjacobs1
    sjjacobs1 Posts: 17
    Options
    LOVE steel cut oats and Irish Oats has quick steel cut oats!!
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    This is what I had this morn! :bigsmile: (I have a food scale, so for me the amounts are easy & accurate!)

Warning: Bored = Actually taking the time to copy & paste all of the following!

Wake The #@&% Up!!!! (Breakfast)
    Calories-Calcium-Sat Fat-Potass-Carbs-Sodium
    Fage Total 0% - Non Fat Greek Yogurt, 0.5 cup
    5----43
    Dehydrated Fruit - Apples, 1 ring (0.2 oz.)
    4----6
    Homemade/Muesli/Granola - 0.25 cup
    13---0
    Bulk Food - Raw Pumpkin Seeds, 0.1 cup raw
    2----2
    Blue Diamond - Almond Breeze Vanilla Almond Milk , 0.1 cup
    2----15
    The Honeyman - Prescott, AZ - Pumpkin Butter, 1 oz (26g)
    20---10
    Sweet Leaf - Stevia Clear - Liquid Stevia, 5 drops
    0---0
    Folgers - Classic Roast Instant Coffee Crystals, 6 tsp
    0--0
    Lucerne - Mexican Cinnamon Chocolate Coffee Creamer, 3 tbsp-90
    15--0
    Totals: 387
    61-76
  • frostymom3
    Options
    I large apple with Natural peanut butter, so yummy. I also do a homemade smoothie with protein powder
  • lucentabella
    lucentabella Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    An egg-white and cheese sandwich.

3 tablespoons of egg white
    salt and pepper
    a laughing cow cheese wedge
    1 sandwich thin

plus a bit of fruit or yogurt.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    I usually just throw a cup of yogurt into a bowl and slice a banana into it. Ta da. lol But sometimes I just have a protein shake.
  • thechubner
    thechubner Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love egg white omlets with spinach, tomato, and just a little low fat cheese. Laughing cow wedges work really good (get nice and melty. Feta is a nice touch as well. You can add as many veggies as you want to your omlet and it won't add too much salt or calories. I wouldn't salt it, but I'm a huge fan of crushed red pepper, and black pepper
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    mainly I eat activia non fat or choiboni greek yogurt with home made granola and a banana. Frequently oatmeal, or eggs and bacon.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Also, I eat a lot of oatmeal & mix in tons of different things like dried fruit, fresh fruit, cinnamon, etc. Personally, I find that oatmeal tastes better if I use half water/ half Blue Diamond Vanilla Almond milk instead of just water or cow milk. Use your imagination!
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Fage Greek yogurts for breakfast but am growing tired of them. I recently saw a commercial for the Dole Shakers, they are frozen fruit and Yogurt that you add juice too and shake then they become a nice fluffy smoothie. Low calorie and good for you, so I'm game. I don't have time to cook before work and I HATE frozen then heated up eggs/biscuits/tortillas. They just taste horrible, so basically I can't pre-cook anything and freeze it.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I make sure to have Luna bars on hand or I will totally skip breakfast(no good).
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I LOVE special K choclatey delight - who wouldnt like cereal with chocolate in it?!
    I gotta try it- I have the pecan one and it is so yummy!
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I always get 2 Egg patties from Tim Hortons. Totals 180 calories and fills me up until after I work out and have lunch.
  • Bookworm_Chris
    Bookworm_Chris Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I make my own breakfast sandwich: two strips turkey bacon, 1 scrambled egg, tomato, and low-fat white cheddar on whole grain bread. (My favorite bread is from Panera, and 1 slice makes a decent sandwich by cutting it in half).

If you are in a rush in the mornings, pre-cooked turkey bacon and cooking the egg in the microwave is a quick time saver. Simply spray a bowl with cooking spray (or I sometimes use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray), crack an egg, beat with a fork. Season if you like pepper, salt, etc. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute and 10 seconds. The egg will cook nicely fluffed, but maintain the bowls shape, so it comes out in a nice circle, perfect for breakfast sandwiches.

I use Panera Whole Grain Bread, Butterball Turkey Bacon, 1 egg, tomato, and 1/2 oz of white cheddar. The calorie counts for the sandwich are this: Calories- 335, Fat- 14g, Total Carbs-30g, Fiber-3g, and Protein-15g.

I find eating an egg in the morning sometimes help me stay fuller longer. Hope this helps. Good luck finding a breakfast you like!
  • ddmba5
    ddmba5 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have been totally LOVING this recipe!

Atkins Quick 'Muffins in a Minute'

1/4 cup ground flax seeds
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1 pack sweetener (I use 1 tablespoon xylitol)
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1 egg
    1 tbsp butter or other oil... i used coconut oil
    Mix dry ingredients. Add egg and oil. Mix well. Microwave for one minute (in a coffee mug.)

I usually add dried cranberries and/or walnuts. Reminds me of a bran muffin