hCG diet... proof...

Options
... that you can get the same results, as the hCG diet, without the hCG... I did it for a week, just instead of the hGC product... I followed the same guidelines as the diet... just used a mixture of coffee and tea, a lot of it. Caffeine has a known appetite suppressant property, which is what the people selling hGC are also claiming. and already, my pants that are normally tight are falling off... (I only have 4 pairs of pants... and I go though them on a normal week, so I know they didn't just grow/shrink in the wash.) I can't give you scale data, do to the fact our scale is broken...

Oh, and just to prove it wasn't from exercise I didn't do any this week....

Though, I feel crappy... I have a headache that willnot go away. Feel drained of all energy, and grouchy.. all around bad feeling. (kind of explains my brother's emotional stance) I am going back to my old diet... and exercise... I hate this feeling, even if I am getting results.

Caffeine is also a diuretic so I don't know if the weight lost is just water loss or what... but I was getting the same results as the hgc diet... And I wouldn't suggest anyone else do it

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Bump to read the responses. Glad you're going back to your regular diet.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    That's a shocker since HCG shots have repeatedly been shown to do have no effect and ti's the actual caloric deficit that causes weight loss
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    HCGers seem to only listen to anecdotal evidence, so maybe this will shut them up. But probably not.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    HCGers seem to only listen to anecdotal evidence, so maybe this will shut them up. But probably not.

LOL!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Ah.. the paradox of stupidity. Incompetent people can’t even recognize the correct answers when they see them.

Though I must say, ignorance is great for the economy.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    That's a shocker since HCG shots have repeatedly been shown to do have no effect and ti's the actual caloric deficit that causes weight loss

That is the reason, why it works... hCG makers only claim it helps the appitite be suppressed. and one has to eat about 400 calories a day. Caffeine does the same thing, The few calories one gains from coffee, wouldn't destroy the diet.

So, What I did, was simply make a pot of coffee, with two tea packets, in the morning, being I am alone most of the day.... it is easy to do. And any time I felt hungry for anything... I drank a cup. No additives just straight black coffee. And made sure I ate about 400 calories a day
  • vade43113
    Options
    Keeping the coffee tea though, I like it.... the 400 calorie diet though, is gone
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I can score some pregnant lady pee if anyone needs some.
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    ... that you can get the same results, as the hCG diet, without the hCG... I did it for a week, just instead of the hGC product... I followed the same guidelines as the diet... just used a mixture of coffee and tea, a lot of it. Caffeine has a known appetite suppressant property, which is what the people selling hGC are also claiming. and already, my pants that are normally tight are falling off... (I only have 4 pairs of pants... and I go though them on a normal week, so I know they didn't just grow/shrink in the wash.) I can't give you scale data, do to the fact our scale is broken...

Though, I feel crappy... I have a headache that willnot go away. Feel drained of all energy, and grouchy.. all around bad feeling. (kind of explains my brother's emotional stance) I am going back to my old diet... and exercise... I hate this feeling, even if I am getting results.

Caffeine is also a diuretic so I don't know if the weight lost is just water loss or what... but I was getting the same results as the hgc diet... And I wouldn't suggest anyone else do it

It sounds like you were having some fun with your experiment. Glad to see that most people's common sense is correct.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand. You proved that if you starve yourself for a week you'll lose some weight. What else would anyone expect to happen?
  • vade43113
    Options

It sounds like you were having some fun with your experiment. Glad to see that most people's common sense is correct.
    I set out to prove it wrong... and I was right. If I could have proved it wrong, then hopefully I could keep someone else form making that big investment only to a even bigger mistake
  • vade43113
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand. You proved that if you starve yourself for a week you'll lose some weight. What else would anyone expect to happen?
    in truth I wasn't hungry at all... though felt the other side effects of not eating... along with the side effects of having that much caffeine in your system... Again, this was to prove it the makers of such a product as wrong. I did so willingly, and knowledgibly, I sought out as much information as I could on the hormone, and on the diet...

Yes you can loose weight this way, is it safe, hell no...
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    stupid is as stupid does.
  • vade43113
    Options
    stupid is as stupid does.

I was just trying to give stupid people a little more intelligence... by stepping to their level...

though, I can see that I entered into the wrong location to have an intellectual discussion.
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options

That is the reason, why it works... hCG makers only claim it helps the appitite be suppressed. and one has to eat about 400 calories a day. Caffeine does the same thing, The few calories one gains from coffee, wouldn't destroy the diet.

So, What I did, was simply make a pot of coffee, with two tea packets, in the morning, being I am alone most of the day.... it is easy to do. And any time I felt hungry for anything... I drank a cup. No additives just straight black coffee. And made sure I ate about 400 calories a day

400 CAL A DAY!? No wonder you lost weight. That sounds to me like annorexia! Is that really what the HCG program tells you to do!?
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Agreed. I spoke to my family doctor. Her response was the same as yours. Why get injections when you can eat less and lift heavy?
  • lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Options
    Ewe. Lol
  • vade43113
    Options

400 CAL A DAY!? No wonder you lost weight. That sounds to me like annorexia! Is that really what the HCG program tells you to do!?
    yes, and take these little oral drops, or shoot your self with this hormone. I just replaced the drops and hormones with a mix of black coffee and black tea. (normal coffee, normally puts me to sleep :P )
  • melissa7662
    melissa7662 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

**Most Weight loss places have you on a 120-1500 calorie diet in addition to doing the HCG injections once a week (some people do twice a week injections..

The 400-500 calorie diet is with people taking one shot a day..
  • vade43113
    Options

**Most Weight loss places have you on a 120-1500 calorie diet in addition to doing the HCG injections once a week (some people do twice a week injections..

The 400-500 calorie diet is with people taking one shot a day..

^^^^what she said