How many calories do you eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• Amyding115
    Amyding115 Posts: 120
    Options
    My daily calorie allowance is 1480. I am usually pretty good about staying within it. However, all the calories I earn from exercise, I allow myself to eat them back. I love to eat too so there's no shame in eating back your exercise!!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I joined the "Eat More to Weigh Less" group in here, and I am currently eating 2400 cals a day which is TDEE - 15% for me.
    Im 5'7 and 238 pounds. Granted I am still in repair mode so I havent seen the losses yet, but I feel much better inside right now

Come join the group and you can stop starving yourself to lose weight:) Lots of great people down there who have proven you can eat over 2000 cals a day and lose the weight:)

I just joined this group too. My TDEE - 15% has me eating 1765 calories per day. I want to lose fat and build muscle so adding the proper fuel to the fire makes me a fat burning machine!!!!! I plan to be a fit 54 yr old!!! Yeah Baby!!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    1600-1900 to lose weight

1900-2300 to maintain

2300+ when I don't give a crap... but then I have to spend the next couple weeks back down at 1600 again :wink:
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am low carb and don't count calories but never seem to go over anyways, I eat when I am hungry but I eat quality foods so the calories don't stack up as fast.
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am trying to cut calories so my sister suggested I try to drink 1 more glass of water.It is not easy but when I think I am hungry i drink a glass of water first and then if I am still hungry i try to eat something healty. This seems to be working for me most of the time. but when it doesn't I eat more protein or some kind of veggies or fruit.:smile:
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I started at 332 lbs and MFP calculated 1750 calories for me. I'm down 46 lbs and my calories are now 1520 without exercise. I don't usually eat my exercise calories on a daily basis and will instead use them for the meal a week I allow myself where I don't worry about calories. That's IF I exercise. :)
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I started out eating 1200 calories and lost about 40 pounds. However, that doesn't work for me anymore. I am now eating 1600-1700 and am still losing weight. My MFP BMR is supposed to be at 1400.
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My limit is 1690, and sometimes I eat more (when exercising) and sometimes I eat less. If you find that you're hungry try filling up on vegetables. I ate a ton of food today and only made it to 1450 calories!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I joined the "Eat More to Weigh Less" group in here, and I am currently eating 2400 cals a day which is TDEE - 15% for me.
    Im 5'7 and 238 pounds. Granted I am still in repair mode so I havent seen the losses yet, but I feel much better inside right now

Come join the group and you can stop starving yourself to lose weight:) Lots of great people down there who have proven you can eat over 2000 cals a day and lose the weight:)

How do I find this group??

Here you go:)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • stardivap413
    Options

thanks for the link, and thanks so much everyone for your replies!!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

thanks for the link, and thanks so much everyone for your replies!!

Just an FYI for you. After 4 weeks of "resetting" and a 2 pound gain in the process, I have finally gotten movement on the scale downwards.. and its a big drop so far:)