Anyone with 50 or more lbs to lose???

Options
I've got about 80 or so to go. *sigh* I need some long-haul buddies who I can encourage and can encourage me.

Also, I have a lot of excess stomach fat. I'm concerned about loose skin once I begin dropping the weight. Does anyone have tips to help combat that proactively?

One more thing, can I just say that I'm looking forward to being healthier and lighter. I've cleaned up quite a bit of my eating habits and I'm already starting to feel the difference. Drinking more water has helped significantly for me to. What are some things that are working for you guys or that you're already noticing is changing about you?

Replies

• meredith0614
    meredith0614 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 50 more to go. I have lost 18 since February 8th. I was wondering the same thing about my belly. I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago and it has caused serious havoc to my stomach area. All the fat is above the incision. I jog on treadmill 20-30 mins in the morning and again at night. I also do the 30 day shred at night. I can see a difference but I am not sure my stomach will ever be the same.
  • Tonimb77
    Tonimb77 Posts: 5
    Options
    My goal would be to lose at least 50lbs. I just started so I'll probably be around a while and can always use some motivation. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    The total weight loss I'm going for is130#, CW 272#. I'm hoping to get down to 200# at the end of this year. It's sigh worthy most of the time because it *is* a lot of weight to move.

I don't know if this works, but I've been told to drink a lot of water and use cocoa butter lotions to help keep any flabby skin from being overly flabby.

Best of luck. <3
  • wfaulk
    wfaulk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just turned40 yesterday and I am a mother of three teenagers and already have 1 grandson and my other daughter is pregnent with twins due in Sept...I have about 80 pounds that I want to loose... I was also told last month that I am at risk for diebeties.... I want to be healthy for me and for my grandkids... I work out about 6 days a week and have already dropped 20 from time I started and 13 since I started on here... if you need support and ready to give support.. then add me ... I know you will do great at this thing and as for the belly... if anyone figures out how to loose it all and keep it firm please share... lol.... You will make your goal... Good Luck :)
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet everyone.... not necessarily under these circumstances, but honestly I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a bit more than a little ways to go. I usually fall off after about ten pounds, so I'm in serious need of some stick-to-it-ness (if that's a word). LOL.

So far, I'm enjoying losing weight and eating cleaner (which I didn't really enjoy before) so I think having the support here will help this time be a success.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have 58 left to go. I was worried about that too, I think after you get to your goal you just have to work on getting toned. Like insted of doing so much cardio, you Do some weight training as well. At least that's what I've herd. Good luck!!!!!
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have a little over 60lbs to go to get to my first goal weight.
  • margaretmillen
    Options
    I'm tryiing to lose 80 lbs 23 lbs down and going strong feel free to add me. i love mfp everyone here is so supportive
  • martin_chicago
    martin_chicago Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    well i have lost 60 so far i guess in a perfect scenario i need about 30-40 more
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    :happy: A lot of you have already lost a lot of weight. That is awesome. I'm very inspired.
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've got 100+ to lose. Let's DO THIS!!
  • mrswright71
    Options
    I've lost 6lbs since starting and 2 since getting on here, and I have 60 to go. Feel free to add me, as well. My husband is deployed so I am sad a lot and when I'm sad, I eat bad stuff. It's really hard! But I know I can do it! :)
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    my goal is to lose 120 lbs. feel free to add me :)
  • ShanaGore
    ShanaGore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My goal started with 80 to lose. I started about a month ago and I have lost 8 so far. You are sooo right, eating healthier has made me feel so much better. My other big thing was to make sure I am getting at least some kind of exercise in everyday, even if it is just walking or dancing around the house with the kids, and a month later I am finding myself wanting to exercise more each day and push a little harder. I have wondered about the skin thing as well, but I figure having excess skin is better then having excess fat! I am kinda focusing on loosing the weight first and then worry about the skin part when I get to my goal. I am trying to include some weight training and toning exercise into my daily workout, I figure tone muscles in the stomach area will at least help with excess skin.
  • ttate002
    ttate002 Posts: 54
    Options
    I've got about 80 or so to go. *sigh* I need some long-haul buddies who I can encourage and can encourage me.

Also, I have a lot of excess stomach fat. I'm concerned about loose skin once I begin dropping the weight. Does anyone have tips to help combat that proactively?

One more thing, can I just say that I'm looking forward to being healthier and lighter. I've cleaned up quite a bit of my eating habits and I'm already starting to feel the difference. Drinking more water has helped significantly for me to. What are some things that are working for you guys or that you're already noticing is changing about you?

I have about 56 lbs. left to go. Now, that number sounds so small! I've already lost over 130 lbs., so I'm pretty much in this for the long haul. As far as loose skin goes, it just depends on the person. Personally, I've been obese all my life and then got up to 348 lbs., so I consider myself a special case when it comes to that. The only thing that will help my situation is plastic surgery and I refuse for anyone to tell me otherwise (they haven't seen me naked). LOL! Additionally, I can't comment on the stomach either. I've found with my body, it just loses where it wants to and when it wants to, which happens to be mainly in my upper body and very little in the tummy. They, whoever they is, say abs are made in the kitchen, so lots of cardio and a good diet should get rid of the layer of fat and then you can work on getting muscle definition (don't quote me on that). LOL! Welcome and good luck!
  • ShawnaCurley
    ShawnaCurley Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I had 80+ lbs to lose now I am down to 60+. You can do this!!! :smile:
  • Brianabomb
    Brianabomb Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Me too! I started off with needing to loose about 61 lbs. I've lost 16 so far since the end of Jan and still about 45 more to go. Feel free to add me as a friend. I need support too as the last 2 wks I've gotten a little discouraged since my weight has stayed the same after having a 2lb a wk loss. I can't let myself fall off the wagon.
  • tcbr1980
    tcbr1980 Posts: 6
    Options
    I too have more then 50 to loose. It seems I was doing really good for about 3 weeks lost 3 to 5 ibs a week and was feeling great and now I have not lost anything for the last two. So I was getting close to stepping off the band waggon. I see ur post and all the others are trying to loose also and have the same goals. I think if we can support each other then we can do this together. (sounds like a hallmark channel)
  • Mrshonopolist05
    Mrshonopolist05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had 80 to lose, now I have 59 more to go! I have to say it has been easier than I thought it would be. Only God knows why I didn't start sooner! You can do this, it does get easier to say no to foods! Eating clean and drinking nothing but water has made me feel so much better. I know that 80 pounds seems like so much, just break it down into mini goals, it's been working for me so far and trust me when I say I am extremely lazy and unmotivated at most times!