Anyone with 50 or more lbs to lose???

Options

Replies

• teekee2
    teekee2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I too need to lose 80 pounds or so and can use all the motivation I can get! I love reading about everyone's accomplishments through here...that in itself is great motivation!
  • nettie23
    nettie23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have about 50 to lose, feel free to add me
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I have about 55 more to lose...add me if you like! :-)
  • chennette
    chennette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have 100-120lbs to lose.I have finally realized I need at least a year o reach my goal and discover and omit my habits to a healthier me.We can do this...one day and one choice at a time and not beat ourselves up when we get off track. One Love!
  • AngelaG2006
    Options
    Hi all :) I'm shooting for a 50 pound loss. Last summer, I started MFP and exercised daily and lost nearly 30 pounds. Now, while that may sound great, it's not because I did it the wrong way. See, when I was in my teens, I had an eating disorder. This past summer I reverted back and was not eating much and exercising to boot. The weight of course melted off but after the holidays and winter days stranded inside with the kids, it came back on in NO TIME! I want to do it RIGHT this time!!!! I want to lose the weight, eat RIGHT, exercise, and KEEP IT OFF! I am always looking for great support and those of you who may want the support, just ADD ME :) I have lost 4 pounds so far and am kind of in a slump now and not really motivated to work out. Gotta keep going though!! I am hoping to start the C25K very soon as well as doing my elliptical trainer. Tried the 30 Day Shred but after a week, my knees ached, got bad shin splints, and walking up and down my 3 story house became unbearable. I don't have a choice, with 2 toddlers, but to walk up and down the stairs, so I had to give up 30 Day Shred :(
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 50!
  • stephanieGbraswell
    stephanieGbraswell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    yep over 50lbs for me.
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have 61.5lbs left to go, to get to the top end of my goal (130 - 135lbs). I have already lost 20.5lbs since the end of February.

I'm here for the long haul! and I would love to add more friends who are encouraging and supportive... to whom I can return that support!!
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I still have over 100 to go, feel free to add me :) I love new friends.

Water has been making a big difference for me, I haven't been doing well with my water intake the past week and I have noticed I'm snacking way more.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    one more to this group!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I have to lose that plus more.
  • ErikainGA82
    Options
    Hey everyone. There's some great stories on here. My highest weight was 289 lbs., in 2011, and I have now lost 60 pounds. I still have a ways to go, but I wanted to say that what has helped me the best is eating healthy (all day long with snacked size meals)walking, dancing, and adding a 5 lb. medicine ball to my workouts. There's some great core workouts that can help with the stomach area, and possibly tightening up excessive skin. The medicine balls are only $10-$15, so it's worth a shot instead of buying a lot of other DVDs, or exercise equipment. The great thing is that everybody puts everything on YouTube, so you can look up "Medicine Ball and Core Workouts" and find a ton of stuff. I remember last year, when I had only lost 8 pounds, I felt a little disappointed, and overwhelmed. But then, here I am 60 pounds lighter, and starting to jog...for fun, and I feel great. I still have 84 pounds to lose, but I'm like, "Bring it on!". Well, I wish everyone the best! Oh, and with the medicine ball, there's workouts for friends, or couples, so make it fun!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I've lost a lot, but still have quite a ways to go. I'm having trouble with some loose skin, but not so much that I can't help myself to some extent. I'm hoping to start lifting weights in a few months and go through a bulking phase when I get closer to my goal weight. My stomach is my biggest problem area and I am looking forward to shrinking it more.

I can honestly say that consistently logging on MFP and staying focused on changing my lifestyle has helped me more than anything. I have been a yo-yo dieter for years and am thrilled to have finally attained success and the positive attitude to keep being successful.
  • jenn32399
    jenn32399 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a ways to go as well...and the more friends to help & encourage the better! so guys, feel free to drop me a line & add me
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    hi everyone. i have 50-60 more to lose.

it's great reading all the stories here of people who have lost so much already :smile:

it's been going well so far, but kind of slower than i expected. in my weight loss fantasies when i first started, i saw myself being 40 pounds down by now. :laugh: but it's all good, i'm losing in a way that i know i'll be able to maintain once i reach goal.

there's also a group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3479-50-pounds-to-loose
  • Bookworm_Chris
    Bookworm_Chris Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I need to lose more than 50, for sure. Would welcome others in the same situation for advice, support, motivation etc. Anyone here feel free to add me as a friend, we can all help each other. :)
  • Ixidor
    Ixidor Posts: 6
    Options
    I've been going at this for about a week or so. I changed my diet drastically (hitting the gym and eating under 1000 calories a day). So far so good. I lost 13 pounds in three days! =o I need to lose about 100 more. We got this, though! =D
  • samipd12
    samipd12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I still have like 150+ lbs to lose. I am enjoying being here as so far... eating better, and staying motivated. Im getting married in December so Have to stay focused so I can look AMAZZZZZZZZZZZZING in my dress on my wedding day!!! :)

WE CAN DO THIS!!!! 1 day at a time!!! With all the support of others we can keep our minds focused on our goals & stay on track!!!

Add me if you like :) (anyone can add me if they like -- the more support the better :) )
  • shannoncuth
    Options
    this is a great idea i have over 50 lbs to go...first day for the new me:)
  • hvpooly
    hvpooly Posts: 39
    Options
    I have more than 100 to go. Anyone can feel free to add me.