Coffee..I need help!!!

Options

Replies

• jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'll drink it black or with sugar free creamer which is only 15 calories for a serving
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a little vanilla almond milk? Maybe a couple of tablespoons? It's pretty creamy with a bit of sweetness. That and and a Truvia...Mmm

I have used almond milk but it seems thin. It isn't the same as cream. However, I do like almond milk, just I drink it cold with some vanilla extract and stevia. :D Yum!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am a coffee drinker too. I found that instead of cutting it out, I simply cut back and change some things like; I switched from full fat french vanilla creamer to fat free and I have low sweetener and sugar 1/2 for now then cutting the sugar out hopefully. Good luck I hope my tips help!
  • 10KEyes
    Options
    I like to add almond milk or coconut milk to my coffee

Yes, coconut milk is good too, but is similar to almond milk in texture and fullness. Love this stuff too!
  • commonly_unique
    Options
    I started working at a coffee shop 5 months ago and had never had a cup of coffee in my life. I hated it at first, but since then I have slowly developed a taste for it and drink a cup of dark roast almost everyday.

What I put in mine is sugar free syrup (usually vanilla) to sweeten it and a few splashes of non-fat milk. I hope to get down to drinking it black in the near future!
  • gracie2586
    gracie2586 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am with the folks that drink it black (glad to know some one else still drinks it black) Try it and give it a fair chance i got used to it and now prefer it and i used to do gas station cappucinos you can't get much sweeter than that and if i could do that so can you
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    I have to have my coffee in the mornings. I use International Delights skinny caramel machiatto and no added sugar. Some mornings I only have 1/2 cup but coffee hits my pallet everyday!!!!! Black coffee is to strong and bitter tasting to me. I was told that Id lose more weight faster if I cut out the coffee but Ill just have to do it with coffee
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    I like folgers French vanilla coffee with skim milk. It's better than plain coffee (lots of flavor) I have tried the more gourmet brands of coffee, but I decided I would sacrifice them for my other healthier (more expensive) produce!
  • ShanaGore
    ShanaGore Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Yep. You seem to be obsessed with cream and sugar, rather than coffee.
    [/quote]

Not the creamer and sugar, I just have been taught to drink it with the sugar and creamer...when I go to really nice local roasting companies I barely put anything in it...but that gets spendy!
    [/quote]

When you go to the really nice local roasting company, buy some of their whole beans. Buy a bean grinder (some models are very inexpensive) Also, most good coffee houses use filtered water. If you brew your own at home, you will have coffee just like from the roasting companies, you will probably find you don't have to add as much cream/sugar. Make sure you grind the beans fresh. You don't want to grind the whole bag at one time. I use to use a lot of cream and sugar, but I grind my own beans and brew fresh at home and I only use a small amount of fat free/sugar free half and half, and I save money too!
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black, but I was a cream & sugar girl for a long time. I went cold turkey, but you can wean yourself off of it if you have to.

Lately I have been drinking around 8 cups of coffee a day (I know, not great....), so when I do the math in my head, I can consider that I have saved myself 8 teaspoons of sugar, and about 16 tablespoons of cream. Every day. It adds up really quickly.
  • kskostamikel
    Options
    If you don't like other creamers or sweeteners just slowly start to use a little less of what you like. Each week decrease what you put in your coffee by 1/8 tsp until it’s a calorie intake you feel comfortable. Black coffee is truly an acquired taste!
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Try drinking it with skim milk, stevia, and some cinnamon. It smells and tastes delicious, and now when I put cream in my coffee, it tastes way too heavy and gross!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    There are just some things I will not sacrifice, and coffee is one of them! I love my cinnamon vanilla cream creamer and I wouldnt give it up for anything! On the other hand I make room for it and log it everytime I have it. I guess it really depends on how much coffee you are drinking through out the day but if you are only drink a few cups with what you are putting into, its not that bad!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with drinking coffee. It's good for you,raises your metabolism,gives you a great kick start to your day. I drink mine with REAL cream and stevia. I don't like it black. Bleh! And I love the flavor the rich cream gives it. It is one of my few splurges and I won't give it up for anything! :drinker:
  • texasyarngirl
    Options
    I find the feedback that "coffee is just a vehicle for cream and sugar" to be a little judgmental.

I LOVE my coffee. Love. It. I drink it with cream and either Splenda or Truvia. I used to do sugar, but I nixed that and found that Splenda and Truvia are the cleanest tasting artificial sweeteners for me. Pure Stevia is probably the most healthful option as it's natural.

I don't drink coffee as a vehicle for cream and sugar - I LIKE my coffee a little sweet and creamy. If I wanted sweet cream, I'd put the sweetener in the cream and drink that. Jeeze. Give the girl a little break.

Yes - count the calories. But, a splash of Half and Half (measure it) or Cream (which also lacks casein if you're sensitive to it, and is also lowest in carbs for dairy but has saturated fat).

Losing weight / being healthy shouldn't be about depriving yourself of everything you like. If you want to go black - do it. I, for one, have no desire to drink my coffee black. I could never eat ice cream again - but forget it, I love coffee. Anyway, that's my $.02.
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you drink multiple mugs of coffee in the morning, like I do...go ahead and use the half and half and sugar, in the first cup only. Then as youre enjoying it, keep adding black coffee to it to keep it hot and filled. Just dont add anymore C & S. This will gradually wean you off the stuff, and get you into at least trying it black.
  • 10KEyes
    Options

Just count it like you would anything else.

That is probably the best advice. Drink it however you like, just factor it in.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Stick with what you're doing. Don't eat or drink anything that doesn't taste good to you.
  • Littlerunner0514
    Littlerunner0514 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Try drinking it with skim milk, stevia, and some cinnamon. It smells and tastes delicious, and now when I put cream in my coffee, it tastes way too heavy and gross!

that sounds yummy!
  • aubreedanelle
    Options
    i drink black coffee also, but sometimes i like to add unsweetened vanilla almond milk to it :) just 1/8cup or 1/4 cup makes a big difference! try it out :)