Starting to lose motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    think of it as not a diet, but a lifestyle change. diets don't work because we use them to lose weight to a certain point and then we do not maintain our weight, and when we don't maintain weight we do not maintain our health. thats the most important aspect. think of all the reasons why you want to lose weight, and write them down. keep that list visable somewhere to remind you of what you want out of changing your diet. its what you want out of your life, and thats important. it worked for me!

I agree diet is a nasty word. Why diet when you don't have to? Eat healthy with the occassion treat and be active. This should be a permanent change not a temporary one.:happy:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I think the problem is I am only 20 and I am home with my family, so there are plenty of "tempting" foods around. They enjoy these foods and do not want to get rid of them. I've lost about 10 lbs., and for some reason when I see a diet working, I am happy and then I am not as strict with myself because I lost the 10 lbs. but I actually need to use it as motivation to lose more. Haha and as I am eating, say, too many cashews I tell myself I shouldn't be but I continue to.
    Do they have to eat these tempting foods in front of you? If they won't give up the junk and you don't have the willpower to be around it (which is understandable, I wouldn't be able to) then you are going to have to find a way to distance yourself. It may mean eating at different times from them or in a different place (e.g. your room).

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • nebulas
    nebulas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    remind yourself why you are choosing to do this in the first place

think about what treats you really love, and find ways of fitting them into your diet. FOr instance, i LOVE ice cream. So on days that i work out i use my work out calories to have a Skinny Cow ice cream treat of some sort. Or a soy ice cream treat. This helps me wake up on the weekends to work out and makes me feel like i am not on a diet at all!

also, i agree with the above post that this is about changing lifestyle, not just a quick thing. I know what i love and what i dont want to give up and have just been finding different ways of getting it, or more of a balance so that i can still have my treats, my vacations, etc but still make sure that i am not going overboard with it.
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    I carry around the house 5 lbs of flour so I feel how heavy it is and that's how much I lose so far.
    Try on my old clothes... it's not too tight any more.
    I have this cool jean that I want squeeze in. I hang it in my bathroom so I can see it. One of these days I'm going to wear it.
    Close your eyes and visualize in detail what you will look like when you get in shape.