WTF!?! allergic to exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    GO to a cardiologist and explain your symptoms (GP/internists don't have the same skills) see if you need to wear a cardiovascular monitor or be scheduled for a stress test....your symptoms could be potentially dangerous signs of heart problems (to many to discuss here), this is coming from a cardiac nurse~
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you have an appointment with a doctor you trust. Good luck!
  • bellefille
    bellefille Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    GO to a cardiologist and explain your symptoms (GP/internists don't have the same skills) see if you need to wear a cardiovascular monitor or be scheduled for a stress test....your symptoms could be potentially dangerous signs of heart problems (to many to discuss here), this is coming from a cardiac nurse~

I concur... please ask your doctor to refer you to a cardiologist for a stress test.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    are you well hydrated?
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are low on fuel. I would try eating more, before & after. I get weak and sometimes throw up but that is when I am pushing myself passed my max in squats.
    leave it to a couple of giants fans to agree

:drinker:

and go sharks!

double :drinker:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Did this start happening when things got a little tough financially and emotionally? I only ask because I'm wondering if you are having some kind of anxiety attack. What you describe is exactly what a panic (anxiety) attack involves. So, that is definitely something to think about. Also, someone mentioned exercise induced asthma - very possible and can come out of no where.

I would mention it again to your doctor and let them do a stress test and possibly an EKG to rule out any heart issues. If those come back normal, I would mention the asthma and even the anxiety.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough to fuel your workouts? My guess would be that it could have something to do with that. Check and see what your recommended calorie intake is. Try to find your body fat % here http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/ then find your BMR and recommend calorie intake according to your activity here http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ Try eating the recommended amount and see how you feel. This site has the deficit built in so you should lose if you follow their recommendations.
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I used to break out in hives and get light headed when I first started exercising hard. I found out that I was allergic to shell nuts (peanuts, almonds, pecans etc.), anything containing shell nuts would trigger the reaction. I can still eat shell nuts, but not on the same day before a workout.