Do You Like It When Your Food Touches?

Options
13»

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Barf! No! If I thought I could get away with eating on a kids tray with the separated compartments - I would!
  • vixkeri
    vixkeri Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm impartial to my food touching. The problem I have with food is to stop eating after I'm full. My whole childhood I was punished severely if I did not finish my food. :) I'm a lot better now!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yes i do sometimes i mix it together to make it taste even better, but that's just me;)

YEP YEP!!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

this^^ especially corn & mashed potatoes.. yuuummm

That is the best! YUMM!! My kid actually gets annoyed if there is mashed potatoes and no corn to mix in.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I don't like it when my food touches the floor...
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Generally, it is ok if it touches. There are some "sloppy foods" I don't like to run into some other dishes... Greens into my potatoes and such... However, I am, by nature, a segmented eater... I eat one item at a time, usually. Now, some dishes of course are blended dishes such as red beans and rice.... Those get mixed together real good.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I actually will purposely mix my food together into one giant plate of gumbo sometimes. Corn, mashed potatoes, and steak taste better all-together.
  • Jenn638
    Jenn638 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    haha that so makes me think of the tv show MONK.
    but no i dont have an issue with it. to each his own
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    No - it drives me crazy I hate it! I don't care what it is...They are separate foods and will be eaten separately. Yes, I get looks sometimes...lol Always been this way. Don't know why. But my husband LOVES to mix everything together...
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    I used to put ketchup on everything, so I'm pretty chill with mixing my noms.
  • xbabyblueyez21x
    Options
    NO! I HATE when my food touches if it shouldn't (main dish and side dishes)...but am ok if it is should go together (spaghetti, tacos, etc). I am so happy to see I am not alone as my bf, friends, and family all give me a hard time about it. Sometimes they even make my food touch on purpose to watch me squirm! I will push my food as close to the edge of the plate and away from each other as I can so they don't touch. If something is wet or has juice then it has to go into its own bowl. I have considered buying the kids plates with compartments but really want to not have to. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it gives me severe anxiety and have been told it may be a form of OCD. I don't care if you want to mix your food all together just don't make me look at it. ;) Mine will mix inside my tummy not on my plate!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do and other time I don't... I use those sectioned plates when I don't want my canned fruit juice to touch (and sog up) my hamburger or hotdog bun I love mixing canned corn and mashed potatoes or Mac and cheese and hot dog chunks and canned corn! My favorite is mixing cake (frosting included) and ice cream into a mushy mess using a splash of milk.... MMMMM! I haven't had that in MONTHS though!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    NO!!! If it touches before I intend for it too, that part does not get eaten.
  • THERubberDucky
    Options
    Like to eat the different food on my plant one at a time. Some peope find this wierd. Do tend to keep things seperated though.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I love it :D

I used to eat my food in sections, one by one. But my Mum always puts her's together on her fork and I started doing it too.
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mixing corn and mashed potatoes. So good.

I don't mind them touching so much as I eat one food at a time. For instance, if I have chicken with a side of broccoli and rice. I eat the rice first, then the broccoli, then the chicken. I've tried to change it up and it just seems like I'm doing something wrong.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mixing corn and mashed potatoes. So good.

Me too!
  • StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm a weirdo. I'll mix my potatoes and corn and beans etc all together under a vegetable gravy sauce. im vegetarian (i have to find flavor somehow!!) ha ha ha jaayykaayy.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Unless it's a casserole or some other dish that is meant to be mixed together, I don't like to mix. Also, I usually finish one food before moving on to the next (starting with least favourite). I sound totally OCD don't I? Luckily, I don't have any other OCD behaviours!
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have a weird habit: When I start the meal, I really don't want the food to touch. Let's say I eat potatoes, beef and and beans. I will eat one chew of beans, then one chew of potatoes, one chew of beef, one chew of beans etc. When I've almost finished the meal, I mix it all together and eat it like that. :P