Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    yeah it is! but i do the grocery shopping so he's SOL lol
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    yep - grossly under estimates caloric intake and then wonders why he can't loose weight.....
    That's my hubby too. Then he gets all depressed because he isn't losing and eats more.
  • jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My husband thinks that to lose weight he needs to starve himself, it's very frustrating! He gloats about how he only ate 800 cals in 48 hours... I'm a bit disgusted, but he's my husband, he can do what he wants. When I tell him I'm losing weight by eating 200cals over my BMR (which works out to about 1750 cals net each day) he says "Good luck with that". Grrrr.
  • babbycakess
    Options
    yep thats my bf too.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    A bag of baked lays will last about a month...or until my wife discovers them.
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yup, hubby is about 5'8" and weighs in at 205. He has a bit of a gut, but otherwise very fit and muscular. He comes home from work and while waiting on dinner just feasts on whatever isn't nailed down, and it's usually my weaknesses. (potato chips are my kryptonite) He eats chips and dip, all kinds of snacky foods. Then he pounds down a regular dinner, where I'm eating proper portions etc... Furthermore, my son is 6'1" and weighs 225. He started around the same time as me, lost 30 lbs within 6 weeks, he's gained 5 back, but eats like there's no tomorrow. And my youngest is always saying, "when do we get to go to Dairy Queen again?" like it's been 10 years since we've been. I can't win!
  • heavenangel88
    Options
    Oh yes... Mine loves all the bad stuff....Donuts, full fat everything.. All the things that if I smell them I gain 5 pounds!! So not fair!

He is the chef in our house, and I am the sous-chef... I will give him kudos though, he is much more aware of my dieting and trying to eat healthy now.

He makes mine low-fat or will make me a separate dish that is healthy. He made chicken cacciatore with skinless chicken breasts so I could eat what everyone else did last night! Yummy!

Thanks babe!
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Not only do I have a girlfriend gets to eat whatever she wants, but she calls me fat for overeating, double-eating, or eating junk food and sweets. And I'm always wrong.
  • scarlet_goddess13
    Options
    my boyfriend is constantly coming home with beef jerky and soda and potato chips...he always wants to go get a snack cake too! I understand that he is going to eat whatever he wants, as he just had surgery and is currently underweight for his height, but it does make it harder on me when he wants to go out to eat.
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Mine FORGETS to eat! Who does that! He DOESN'T like to eat....he thinks it's gross!:huh:
  • juliexiuu
    juliexiuu Posts: 118
    Options
    My husband thinks that to lose weight he needs to starve himself, it's very frustrating! He gloats about how he only ate 800 cals in 48 hours... I'm a bit disgusted, but he's my husband, he can do what he wants. When I tell him I'm losing weight by eating 200cals over my BMR (which works out to about 1750 cals net each day) he says "Good luck with that". Grrrr.

Wow that's horrible. 800 cals in 2 days? How long has he been doing this for?
  • juliexiuu
    Options
    Mine FORGETS to eat! Who does that! He DOESN'T like to eat....he thinks it's gross!:huh:

Eating? Gross? Whaaaat? :o
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Yes... we logged my BF's ffod for the last month and he averages 6000 cals a day.... thats a light day. If he's really being a pig its more like 10,000. He is 6'4" and weighs 220....skinny as a rail. Kinda makes you want to hurt him!

Holy crap! Mines like that too, except he's about 5'9 or 6'0 and 160 something -____-;;

Yep. Mine is 5'9" and only 135!!! He's a manager at a fast food restaurant, meaning he eats there for free. :noway: Seriously?
  • juliexiuu
    Options
    Not only do I have a girlfriend gets to eat whatever she wants, but she calls me fat for overeating, double-eating, or eating junk food and sweets. And I'm always wrong.

That's not very nice ;( I hope she's not being serious!!
  • juliexiuu
    Options
    Yup, hubby is about 5'8" and weighs in at 205. He has a bit of a gut, but otherwise very fit and muscular. He comes home from work and while waiting on dinner just feasts on whatever isn't nailed down, and it's usually my weaknesses. (potato chips are my kryptonite) He eats chips and dip, all kinds of snacky foods. Then he pounds down a regular dinner, where I'm eating proper portions etc... Furthermore, my son is 6'1" and weighs 225. He started around the same time as me, lost 30 lbs within 6 weeks, he's gained 5 back, but eats like there's no tomorrow. And my youngest is always saying, "when do we get to go to Dairy Queen again?" like it's been 10 years since we've been. I can't win!

Oh man that's why when I move in with my bf, I'll be doing most of the cooking! haha and I told him he better buy a separate pantry for him.... with a lock!! hahaha
  • jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

He's been doing it for a couple of weeks. I don't know what caused him to start, he usually ate pretty normal. If it continues much longer (like one more week) I'm going to have a sit down with him. :(
  • Gottastop
    Gottastop Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm beginning to think it's an addiction. he gave up smoking three times in the past 7 yrs & all 3 times he started snacking more. We were going thru photos recently & he realized he's probably gained about 100lbs in the past 7 years...... Now he is eating more & wondering why he can't fit into the pants he got around Christmas. ):
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    yeah it is! but i do the grocery shopping so he's SOL lol

I do the grocery shopping and the cooking! However, while I make a lot of healthy food I still make him things hr likes while making healthier choices for myself and our girls.
  • juliexiuu
    Options

He's been doing it for a couple of weeks. I don't know what caused him to start, he usually ate pretty normal. If it continues much longer (like one more week) I'm going to have a sit down with him. :(

Yeah seriously. I'd be really worried. It's not like he's not doing it on purpose. Men have less fat to lose than women, so this is really dangerous! I hope you get through to him.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Thank god I'm single.

This is why any future partner of mine has to be a healthy eater.