Taco Cupcakes and "Better For You" Mac and Cheese

Options

Replies

• ZumbaBeast86
    Options
    Haha the taco cupcakes throw a lot of people off - it's like taco + cake? But trust me, it's like a taste explosion in your mouth. Plus, if you love mexican food, but don't like the fact that it can be really heavy and fatty, this is perfect!

I got the taco cupcake recipe from the www.emilybites.com website. I adjusted to my own tastes while staying in the 170 calorie range.

2 4oz chicken breasts
    2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    2 tbsp Canola oil
    3 tsp fajita or taco seasoning (I only had fajita seasoning in the cupboard)
    3/4 of a 10 oz can enchilada sauce
    3 tbsp queso dip
    20 wonton wrappers
    1 small can beans (your choice of kidney or black bean) drained and rinsed
    1 cup Mexican shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 375F.

Poach the chicken breasts in a pot of water until fully cooked. Once cooked, take out of the pot and shred with a fork. Set aside.

In a medium skillet, heat the oil and add the crushed red pepper flakes. Once the flakes are infused into the oil, add the shredded chicken. Heat the chicken through and coat with the peppered oil. Add fajita seasoning, enchilada sauce, and beans. Stir ingredients together until chicken and beans are fully coated with sauce mixture.

Once the mixture is heated through, turn off the heat to the pan. In a well-sprayed muffin tin, place 10 wonton wrappers in the cups. Spoon a small bit of the queso dip on the bottom of each wonton. Place a tablespoon sized spoonful of the chicken mixture into each wonton. Top that mixture with a pinch of the shredded cheese. Next, place another wonton wrapper on top of the cheese and repeat the layering (I skipped the queso on the second layer because it seemed so rich to have so much of it in one cup) process. Top each wonton with a pinch of cheese.

Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Serve it with spring onions, guacamole, and/or sour cream. Obviously by the picture I have sour cream with mine. Enjoy!

Per "cake": Calories - 170; Carbs - 17g; Fat - 7g; Protein - 11g; Sodium - 423mg (this is without any added toppings)

Macaroni and Cheese Recipe

1 cup Ronzoni Smart Taste Elbow Macaroni dry
    1 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
    2 wedges Laughing Cow Cream Cheese
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Onion powder (to taste)

In a small sauce pot, simmer milk and noodles on med-low heat. Add your salt, pepper, and onion powder now. Continuously stir so noodles don't stick and milk doesn't burn. (Yes I know, cooking your noodles in the milk?? WHAT!!??! But trust me, you'll have incredibly creamy creamy mac and cheese). When the noodles have absorbed all the milk (and they will), turn off the heat and add your cheeses. Cover with a lid for a few minutes. Once the temptation to peek and stir has passed, take the lid off and stir until all the cheese has melted and you have a pot of ooey gooey mac and cheese. Makes 2 servings

Facts:
    Calories: 301; Carbs: 32g; Fat (depending on your cheese it will vary): 10g; Protein: 10g; Sodium: 300mg

Just a quick note: For those who think the carbs are a bit high or the fats are a bit high, you're right. They are high. I ate the mac and cheese after a 1100 calorie burn workout once this week. The taco cupcakes made 6 meals for me, as I ate them as a lunch or a dinner on days when I had to eat up more calories for the exercise I was completing. These meals are not eaten EVERY day. I make them as a treat for days when I need to eat more calories or when I'm craving something indulgent.

To those who make these....ENJOY!
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Oops... never mind.
    You answered my questions. Haha
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Wow. Both of these look great!! Bumping this for later!:)
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    thanks, sounds great!!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Thank You!!!
  • jennieliz
    Options
    I can't wait to try these!!! Thanks for posting.
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nwickart82
    nwickart82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Lol those look delicious! But the name "taco cupcakes" sounds so gross! :laugh:

OMG they are amazing! www.emilybites.com

Emily has great recipes! She has not let me down yet!!
  • Baloo
    Baloo Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing these recipes.
  • katilynnegray
    katilynnegray Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blas00
    blas00 Posts: 8
    Options
    Bump!!:smile:
  • suzie13452
    Options
    BUMP
  • ZumbaBeast86
    Options

OMG they are amazing! www.emilybites.com

Emily has great recipes! She has not let me down yet!!

Emilybites.com is AWESOME! I agree with you - everything I've made from her website has been so delicious, and it's so adaptable to anyone's tastes. Like her on facebook and you'll see when she has a new recipe out!
  • ZumbaBeast86
    Options
    And you're welcome everyone!! I hope you really enjoy them!
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    Bump
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump :love:
  • huck23
    huck23 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    they look great and yes I would like both recipes if u don't mind--Mike:smile:
  • georgedarling
    georgedarling Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    YUM!
  • Jbvbhl
    Jbvbhl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bumping to hang onto the recipe, thank you!