worst foods you used to eat

Options

Replies

• ThePunkHippie
    Options
    I want to know what sort of PB&J sandwiches you were eating that were 700+ calories!
    Mine are under 300 (heck, even my PB, Banana, & marshmallow fluff sandwich was only around 400)
  • TurnLeftNow
    TurnLeftNow Posts: 171
    Options
    I haven't cut out any of the foods I like. I still eat what I want, just much much less of it.

Proportions used to be crazy high and not really realizing it. Like two oreos is a serving size. I could easily eat 10 of those with milk. When you look at the serving size of foods you realize why and how those calories can add up really fast despite "not eating much"/
  • KathyJSR
    KathyJSR Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Starbucks grande (sometimes venti) raspberry mocha. NOT skinny or nonfat versions.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    quiznos! My sub is 1200 cals. It would come with 2 cookies 200 cals each and a fresca. Crazy!
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    oh has to be drive thru fast food like 4 times a week. good grief! Also, I ate a lot of Amy's brand frozen organic Mac 'n Cheese. THAT will add the pounds. Muffins, too. FULL of fat, but 'oh so fiber-y.' (not) "Whole grain high fiber organic blueberry muffins"... disguise for: 1/2 your daily cals in 5 bites. No wonder I am here on MFP :-)

and I eat PB&J now on thin, light cal bread and no way do they come to 700 cals!
  • dorkof82
    dorkof82 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Pizza. I devoured larges all by my lonesome usually with a 2 liter of Coke (not diet).

haha that was soooo me, only mine was diet coke ;)
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    A big pack of fuzzy peaches every day and lots of beer
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Fast food from McDonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell, Carl's Jr and Jack In The Box. I wouldn't eat it now unless there were literally no other foods available in the world. That stuff is not only addictive, it's just sooooo nasty.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out any of the foods I like. I still eat what I want, just much much less of it.

absolutely the correct answer. I eat lots of what's been mentioned here, time to time. fit it in. enjoy living.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Hot chips, pizza (although I make a healthy alternative though) and white rice.
    Also pastry!! Argh
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    A big pack of fuzzy peaches every day and lots of beer
    Mmmm beer. I still fit those in once in a while, just not within 24 hours of my workout.
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I want to know what sort of PB&J sandwiches you were eating that were 700+ calories!
    Mine are under 300 (heck, even my PB, Banana, & marshmallow fluff sandwich was only around 400)

At least 2 tbsp of PB on each slice (400) + 100 each slice of bread (200) + whatever the jelly adds up to. I didn't look it up specifically for the cal content, but c'mon it's like pure sugar. Couple tbsp of that's gotta be good for at least 100 cals.

How do you get yours under 300?
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Pizza, cookies, cake, pasta, wine, chocolate.

I still eat/drink ALL of it! I'm just a bit more moderate about it now.

Although I'm a lot pickier about processed food these days. They just don't taste good unless I make them myself. I recently had a bacon & egg McMuffin and it was awful. Much prefer putting together my own.
  • MrsJaimeW
    MrsJaimeW Posts: 54
    Options
    I could probably eat a whole pizza on my own... now I stop after a slice or two and have it with salad. I wont lose my pizza altogether!
  • loislane22
    Options
    Tim Hortons Coffeee, around 4-5 per day. Still struggling with this now. Im down to 1.5. I would like to switch to milk instead of cream but they never know how to make it properly when you ask for milk, they always put too little and it tastes awful. Have tried adding my own but that doesnt taste the same either, 6 of the milk packets make up nothing when you put it in the cofffee.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, lots of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or peanut butter/jelly toast, sometimes more than 1 a day, also back in the day when I ate WHITE bread. I think I had deluded myself into thinking a PB&J sandwich was healthy.

Lots of chips, would eat straight out of the bag, cookies, cakes or brownies from the bakery at the store, would just eat those and not even think about how fattening it had to be.

Also fast food. So many times I would just say it's easier to pick up food that night, too busy or too tired to cook and before you know it, we'd be in the drive thru getting burgers, fries, soda, taco's or getting pizza. We'd sometimes eat fast food 2,3,4 times a week. It was really bad!

Cappuccinos with milk and lots of whip creamed, extra espresso shots. Had to be at least 600-700 calories in one of those things and of course I always got the largest size. Ugh ...

Macaroni and cheese (home-made, not boxed) and giant portions of it, sometimes go back for 2nds.

Luckily I have always actually liked fruit and veggies so giving up the bad food, the transition into fruits and veggies was really really easy.

I had no idea what a good portion size of anything should be. I just ate.
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love making my own pasta and one of the star ingredients was heavy cream. I could write beautiful love songs about heavy cream, ya'll.

Also Five Guys Burgers and Fries. I cut most red meat out of my diet last year so I've only had it one time since, but back in the day it was me and my husband's Friday night meal. We had those burgers every Friday for like 2 months. I can't even imagine doing that now.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Sausage and Egg McGriddle.

mmmmmmmmmm
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Sausage and Egg McGriddle.

mmmmmmmmmm

Or a Hardees bisquit and gravy meal ... omg *drool* :laugh:
  • Roxie861