worst foods you used to eat

Options

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I would make 2 stops.... Sonic - Large chili cheese tater tots with mustard & onions, large coffee w/ 2 shots of espresso (i still get this lol), french toast sticks w/extra syrup; Jack-In-The-Box - three egg rolls w s&s sauce and a 7 pc cheddar peppers w/ranch. Or sometimes, I would go by McDonald's and get the Big Breakfast with extra sausage and a McGridle and coffee. Breakfast has always been my favorite meal :D
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    Olive Garden... My mom and I would go there and we would get the bread sticks and salad, but with the break sticks we would get dipping sauces and then our huge pasta meal and ALWAY take home a dessert to eat. Well over 3,000 calories for all that!!! And that was just my dinner meal! The thought of it makes me a little sick now, that alfrado pasta is NO good!!! (meaning health wise, taste wise it's amazing!!!) :ohwell:
  • austen18
    austen18 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have cut out the Starbucks and Caribou Coffees. Lots of empty calories and carbs!!
  • VictoriaAStone
    Options
    I 100% agree with this!! I never realised how easy it was to over eat until i started using this site and seeing the calories in everything.... I now have started weighing my food and boy was i in for a shock!!! 100g isnt alot really with certain things although it is LOADS in Veg & Salad lol. This website is a god send.. Good luck to you all :)
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to realize how EASY it is to eat 2 or 3 times your recommended calories and not even feel like you've hardly eaten anything.

I can remember making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and they must have been 700-800cals, maybe even 1000 cals. Of course I was aware that they fell into the "high-calorie" category, but it never really "clicked" that I was "over-eating" because the actual bulk of food I was eating was not huge. Just last night I got some honey bbq boneless chicken from the deli, thinking they were maybe 400 cals + -. They were actually 900+ cals for 10 little chunks!!

So, what's the worst food you used to eat and don't anymore?

Croque Monsieur, there isn't enough digits to outline the calories of those bad boys, delicious though lol.
  • natureluvingal
    Options
    It is just me or is reading this list of "worst foods you used to eat" making you hungry as well? There are so many items on this list that are delicious!!!

I stopped buying Sara Lee's pound cake, strawberries and whipped cream. I can never just have one bite.

A local bar around the corner has $.35 buffalo wing specials... that was delicious and after a long day of work, the chicken wings would beckon... I learned to go home from another street.
  • VictoriaAStone
    Options
    Old Chicago's Meat Me Large Deep Dish Pizza.

l.jpg

I'd down about 3 slices: 3,215 calories.

And that was after the mozzerella sticks and caprese salad.

That looks so nice

OH YES THAT LOOKS LUSH!
  • JoannaLouden
    JoannaLouden Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    fountain pepsi or cherry coke. The big like 32 oz from a gas station.

You know having one every once in awhile won't kill me...but when that was ALL I drank ALL day, every day...that was a problem.

Proud to say I beat the addiction to it, lost 20lbs and now am able to let myself indulge in one soda every week. :-)
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Oh....I totally forgot about the Fajita Nacho Jalisco..... about 3 times a week for lunch!!!
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I still eat everything I used to eat (with the exception of maybe one or two things), only I used to eat way too much of everything and now it is controlled. If I want to go out with friends and eat a whole pizza, I have to work for it. Everything in moderation!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    bagels with cream cheese... LOOOOTS of cream cheese!!
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    BJ's Brewhouse Piranha Pale Ale Nachos (1700 calories per plate) and Cinnabon (880 calories per roll).
  • vmayen20
    vmayen20 Posts: 10
    Options
    Chocolate and Coffee, Everyday :) .... Still working w/ these 2 :( ....... But they are So GooD Mmmmmmm!
  • priescm
    priescm Posts: 95
    Options
    Well...of course there are the usual fast food items:
    It wasn't rare for me to down a Whopper with cheese, large order of fries, and a large chocolate shake from Burger King in less than 20 minutes. I've logged that meal on here before just to see. Let's just say that large shake had 900 calories all on it's own. :noway:

Another fast food thing I ate often was Subway. Italian BMT on wheat with some veggies and extra mayo and ranch. I used to think that was my "healthy" dinner...once I logged that, it was 1200 calories...and I would occasionally grab 3 cookies also. Not healthy at all. That place is like a trap. You THINK it's good for you, but some of the stuff there is worse than a BigMac.

Also, Chinese buffet...probably my greatest weakness.

Something I made at home a lot that I found out was horrible (okay,I secretly always knew...there are 2 one pound bags of cheese involved) is chicken enchiladas. I make them authentic style the way my great-grandmother made them....but more cheese. 2lbs of dark meat chicken simmered up, corn tortillas (fried up in hot oil of course!), cheese inside, a bag of cheese outside and a green enchilada sauce. I used to eat 6 at a time....logged that one time....1700+ calories...and I used to eat them for lunch AND dinner in the same day.

I don't think I miss any of that stuff though. I remember bad nights with stomach pains from the grease overload. I'm much more content with a good sized salad and some fruit...or some of those things (like Chinese) in very small portions.
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Back in college I used to mix ranch, melted cheese and bacon bits in a bowl and dip french fries into it - like almost every day!
  • AshleeLunce
    Options
    McDonald's Chicken Club sandwich and fries......it must have been my entire calorie count for the day and was not my only meal. I stay far away from fast food now! So many calories!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Snackwell cookies, Lean Cuisine meals, fat free cheese, fat free salad dressing - basically any processed 'diet food'. I don't eat anything like that anymore.
  • davepavone
    Options
    just eating less of but the demons are French Fries , Choc. and of course BBQ in my world
  • violabeatle
    violabeatle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a huge bag of chips, any chips you could think of, in one sitting no problem! Nowadays if I get a craving for chips i will set aside one serving of reduced fat Wheat Thins. They are tastier and less addictive, so I can stop myself from eating too many without a problem, and they satisfy my need for a salty crunch. Multigrain Goldfish crackers also do the trick. I am at the point where I have no interest or craving for chips at all anymore!
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Okay this thread is just another cruel reminder of how bad I was. hahaha

I used to eat fast food everyday for lunch and at least 3 times in the evenings and/or on weekends. I'm talking Mickey D's, Burger King, Taco Bell, Arby's, pizza, wings, and Chinese. I still have Chinese or pizza once a week but I limit how much of it I eat.

I've have never watched calories before and when I first started on MFP I was amazed at what I used to put in my mouth. I still don't have my lifestyle under control completely but I avoid fast food like the plague. If I want a hamburger I make turkey burgers at home. Just the thought of all that grease makes me sick. I feel like I've over ate when I eat 1800 calories a day but when I was eating McDonald's I bet I was pushing over 3,000 calories a day and not even realizing it.