When do you stop using My Fitness Pal?

Options
citizenpioneer
citizenpioneer Posts: 37 Member
Do you ever plan on not using My Fitness Pal? I've used it for over a year now and I feel like I still don't know a good portion size when I see it. It seems like I may have to use it forever! Do you think you'll ever learn to look at a plate and know how to count the nutrition facts without this site, or are we here for good?

Replies

• MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    never stop! unless they start charging.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have been counting calorie on and off for a few years. I do think I've learned to eyeball portions and calories on foods I eat all the time. I'm not sure if I will ever completely stop. When I do take a break I always find myself coming back to it so only time will tell.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I will use it as long as it's here. It's a little extra work having to count calories and all, but it's definitely worth it!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    NEVER!!! You use it FOR-EV-ER
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    when i die
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I'm not to my goal yet, but I will probably keep using MFP!! :)
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm an addict to mfp so probably never. Helps keep me on track & focused, accountable to someone who cares, and is a great place to get great fitness info!
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I can work out all the calories etc in my head but I love logging it all, was wondering this the other day, I am so addicted I can't imagine not doing it, but there must come a point when I should learn to relax a little? Having said that before I found MFP I was always on a diet and working out calories in v calories out, so I suppose it's a way of life for me now. Does that mean I'll still be loggin when I'm old or do you reach a point when you can just chill and not care so much?? It must get annoying for my other half me rushing off to the computer after every meal lol!
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    What? You don't like us any more????

I don't think I'll ever stop. I like the people I have met here.

Cheers!

:drinker:
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I have used Livestrong/MyPlate a few years ago before switching to MFP. I have used MFP for over a year and a half now, and sometimes I like the simplicity of just logging and going. I don't have much time to dedicate to this site as I used to, but I love the friends I've made here and couldn't see myself leaving. I haven't made much progress as far as my weight is concerned, but I'm ok with that. This site helps keep me in check and I don't think I'll be leaving it even after meeting my goals.
  • Menene
    Menene Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Been on this site for a very long time. lost 68 lbs I tried to control my eating habits on my own and gained 15lbs . I am back and I will never leave again (I hope ;) This sight helps me keep accountable. Plus I would miss all my friends.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I sometimes want to stop using it but I just like to support people and plus lots of people on here inspire me. So its one of thr main reasons why I am still on here. :)
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    I'll stop the day I die.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on ever stopping. I have lost weight enough times to know that I am going to need to keep myself in check. The reason I have always gained the weight back is because I stopped thinking and caring about what I was eating. This is a lifestyle change for me and I plan to log my food forever because I need to. Plus, I like it here and have a really awesome support group of friends. =)
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've been to my goal for a long time and have been here over a year. I don't see me quitting. I like to continue logging to make sure I don't go crazy and eat too much. I've also made so many good friends I would miss them. MFP is just a big part of my life now.About the first thing I do in the morning is log on and see who's on....
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna log the embalming fluid they fill me with at the end.
  • liftandcycle
    Options

omg.. this is the greatest thing I've read so far..
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

Winner!
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I used MFP religiously for 6 months, lost 16 kilos, stopped logging but kept the app on my phone as a reminder to myself, just the little icon was enough. And I kept the weight off. (This was Jan-Sept last year). I then deactivated my account.

But now this year I've decided to push for another few kilos so I reregistered and am on here every day again.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    you keep logging in until FOR...E...VERRR.....FOR...E....VERRRR
    forevergz4.gif