• elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    when i die

This...MFP has changed my life.
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    not going to stop. I recently learned that my grandma counts her calories, so I know I'll be counting for the rest of my life. MFP might not always be here but I'll be counting forever.

ahh bless her!!! This'll be me too :-)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I will track my macros forever. My goals are to get enough protein, calcium and iron, and to keep my sugar and sodium in check.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I've taken a couple month vacations from mfp and not put on any weight, so I think I have learned enough about portion sizes and how much I need to eat to maintain my weight... But I'm also the obsessive type that doesn't mind logging everything, so maybe I'll stay forever. Plus I'm thinking I may need at least a couple bulk cut cycles to get where I really want to be... So I would need mfp for that!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,876 Member
    Options
    When I stop using the internet -- so never.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i don't plan on stopping
    but maybe after i have been at goal for a while ( 6 months to 1 year) maybe cut back a lil on the logging

still weigh and measure my stuff, but i mean, if i am not home for the day, i wont be worried about keeping track of what i ate and having to come home and track it ..

right now, i am keeping track of what i eat, even when away from home to make sure i can track it ..lol
  • MaryMangan31
    MaryMangan31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think the notion is that you would only use it to count calories, lose weight, etc -- but I'm someone here not looking to lose weight, but to increase my veggie intake, make sure I'm getting enough calcium/iron, decrease my sugar/sodium, etc. I've also really benefited from being able to look back over the weeks and see if I'm making the most of my gym membership.

In short, I have a much more ACCURATE understanding of my eating and fitness habits now - because I have a few months track record to refer back to. So when my doctor asks how often I exercise, I'm not overestimating or underestimating. I know my habits.

As long as it's benefiting you, continue to use it. But no tool is going to be universally beneficial. If there's something else that works better for you - go with it! :) But make sure it's the TOOL (and not your consistency or commitment) that's the problem before moving to something else -- so many people hop from thing to thing, and they blame the tools, when it's actually their dedication and willingness to make change and truly work toward their goals.

Wishing you the best!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...that is a great question. I don't think I stop using it totally ever. It's really become my new Facebook and I'd miss the friends I've made here (and the extra chance to keep in touch with my real life friends on the site). But, that said I also don't want to have to obsess and log my food forever. Right now as I'm getting close to my goal I am already starting to loosen up and skipping logging on Sundays (it's my cheat day so I don't watch what I eat anyway). When I started this journey I was 176 pounds with a goal weight of 150. Right now I'm 158 pounds and honestly pretty happy where my weight is. I could be happier though so I'm continuing with the logging 6 days a week but relaxed about the rate at which I feel I want to loose. I'm hoping this keeps me dropping and eases me into maintenance at the same time. I'm considering lowering my goal to 145 and quitting logging at that point. I'll still stick with my general plan of eating sensibly 6 days a week and enjoying myself Sundays but if I have days that I splurge more then that will be ok too. I'll stop logging at that point I think but continue with my daily weigh in's to monitor. That is why I am thinking of going 5 under my oriignal goal to give myself a buffer for daily fluctuations and water weight on high salt days without freaking out. Then if at any point I get above that 150 pound mark again I'll put myself back on plan and logging, But, at this poiint I feel like I will be able to do it on my own. I just spent 10 days of not logging and living it up and only gained 3 pounds. If i can handle that I should be able to handle anything. :)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    you keep logging in until FOR...E...VERRR.....FOR...E....VERRRR
    forevergz4.gif

I can't see pictures at work but that BETTER be a sandlot picture!
    oh you betcha!!! it's actually the whole sequence LOL
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna log the embalming fluid they fill me with at the end.

Winner!
    No need to go on.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I have no plans to stop using it.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure I'd use it as much, or may have stopped using it, if it weren't for the social aspect of it. If it was simply a way to count calories and such, I may have thought I no longer needed it. But I like the friends I have made here, and [most] of the discussions on the boards (some more hysterical than others).
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna log the embalming fluid they fill me with at the end.

^^^^^^^^ This exactly (I wouldn't have said it with that much flare)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    as long as it's free.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    never stop! unless they start charging.

^^^^^^^THIS
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    When they ban women! :tongue:
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Yea probably never! :)
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    you keep logging in until FOR...E...VERRR.....FOR...E....VERRRR
    forevergz4.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!! AMEN to that! ( I love that scene)

I love MFP , been on here 6 wks and I love the accountability and friends I am making. I use it more than Facebook and Twitter now practically~
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'll more than likely not stop. When I hit my goal I plan on switching to "Maintenance" and continue logging everything. It keeps me accountable, lets me see where my calories are coming from, how consistent my exercise is etc. Even though I'm getting the hang of portions and I can 'eyeball' something and know how many ounces it is I still don't know the calories in everything.

It's a nice tracker and I know from past experience once I stop tracking I fall off and my portions expand as does my waist line :laugh:
  • smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    I don't think I will ever quit using MFP. I am beginning to see some good results and I am beginning to feel good about myself again. The friends I have made on here have been a tremendous help. I would like to some day be able to pay it forward.
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    The reason I have always gained the weight back is because I stopped thinking and caring about what I was eating. This is a lifestyle change for me and I plan to log my food forever because I need to. Plus, I like it here

I'm at goal weight, over 60 years old, and still going strong. I've been inspired by my MFP friends to take my exercise - including weight lifting - up to a new level. I can see myself here for as long as I can connect to the internet and use a keyboard!