Ladies! HAIR!

Options

Replies

• incendia3
    incendia3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Also have super long, super thick hair. I prefer it in a high, tight pony tail. but I have trouble finding good enough hair things to keep it up while I run. Pig tails work if I only have bad hair things lol. My hair is also layered so simple braids fall out quickly. I wish I knew how to french braid. That would be ideal. I'm really bad at girly things. I have to keep it off my neck so it doesn't get gross from sweat. I only wash it a couple times a week.
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a hat when I run...with the ponytail out of the hole in the back. And my hair touches the back of my neck too when I start sweating...so I'll braid it. I can't wear those headband thingys...either my head is too small or shaped funny because no more than 2 minutes of wearing it, it's slipping back and slides off. I've tried so many....

Other than a hat....a bun or a doubled up ponytail.
    I also have an issue with headbands...the back of my head is flat!! :embarassed:

I am glad to know I'm not the only one that has trouble with headbands.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I just do a french braid, holds up pretty well
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm a proponent of the single or double french braid, and to remedy the headache thing, I just don't braid them TOO too tight. Just a smidge tight. *shrug*
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    When I run in a race, I do two pigtails, lower on the sides of my head. This keeps the sweaty hair off my neck.

When I workout regularly, I make a pony and then loop it halfway back through. You know, make the motion of wrapping the elastic but don't pull the pony all the way through.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I have long thick hair and usually tie it in a super tight bun with a headband when I'm on the treadmill.

^^This

It keeps my hair from bouncing and swinging around. It's just too heavy to handle sometimes. But I've found that a tight bun keeps it off my neck and shoulders (way too hot), which drives me nuts when I'm working out.

Same.
  • steellaceangel
    steellaceangel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine is long and black and I live in Florida... It just depends on what mood I'm in as to what style I wear.
    I have ran with it down and other than it sticking to sweat (which is a little annoying) it actually keeps my
    head alot cooler (which is very nice). my favorite way to wear it though is one braid (regular or fish) with
    a band at top and bottom then my favorite spiked not tight headband.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I do a bun when I'm gonna work hard and sweat a lot. If I'm just walking, I will do a ponytail and occasionnally even leave it down.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options

I cannot wait to try this!!!!! Thanks!

I love them! its supre easy too.. Youtube has tutorials... Also, if you do a sock bun when its wet, when you take it out dried, it leave beautiful curls :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I actually just workout with my hair down
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I have a chin length bob, so wearing it up is not an option. I usually just go as is, or I might wear a ballcap.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    just a quick thought, if the only thinbg wrong with the pony tail is it getting your neck hot+sweaty, can you put it in a ponytail, and jaw clip it up? like this DSC01842.JPG
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    A half-ponytail on top to catch my bangs, then one big ponytail to catch it all, or just a pony with bobby pins to keep bangs back. Can't stand headbands.
  • incendia3
    incendia3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Those of you with thick, long hair who do buns....how do you get it to stay in while working out? Are you running or doing something simliar?
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    I have the same problem and I too pull my hair back in a pony. I get headaches so bad and i just cut it all off recently. But now I'm trying topull it back still but instead of pulling it all the way through I just pull it halfway so its not touching my back. But you gotta use a good ponytail holder or you'll be fixing it repeatedly
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    when my hair became that much trouble & work, I whacked it off & haven't looked back. I LOVE my short hair. NO hassles, save a ton on shampoo & products and it's cheaper to color. It takes me less than 10 mins to dry & style my hair and my arms NEVER get tired.
    If you MUST have long hair gonna have to take the work, headaches & aggravation that comes with it. me? I'd rather spend a few bucks on extensions or a wig for the few occasions that I want to wear my hair long. I wore long, curly hair for over 20 years, and many times ended the day in a pony-tail. After a motorcycle ride, even with braids, it would take me at least an hour to untangle it. I'll never understand why I waited so long to go short.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I just put mine up into a high bun.. I get annoyed when it falls down again though:/ Sometimes a high ponytail but my sister says I look like a tennis player.. rude:/ lol.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have to have it in a messy bun or it falls out or annoys me
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have long thick hair and usually tie it in a super tight bun with a headband when I'm on the treadmill.

this.. put your hair in a mid to high pony. twist the pony until its a tight rope, wrap the rope around your pony tail until its all up around there. secure with a scrunchy (wrapped 2x around your bun) when my hair was long (i'm 5'8 and could stick the ends in my butt pockets ).... its VERY THICK i have a double crown and enough hair for 2 people i used to do it like this... and it wouldnt move no matter what i did (except sleep on it)
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Those of you with thick, long hair who do buns....how do you get it to stay in while working out? Are you running or doing something simliar?

Google sock buns. It holds the hair really well. I used to have hair down to my butt, and would sock bun and it stayed perfect.