fashion at the gym or workout

Options

Replies

• Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    It's not a nightclub. Leave the cologne at home, too.

AGREE 110%...just dress and act appropriately.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I like reallllly oversize sweatpants and a GOOD pair of sneakers.
    I see some boys in the gym lifting in really stupid shoes, like slip on plimsolls or even things that look like slippers and that just makes me gag.
    Like seeing girls on the treadmill in converse, it just looks dumb.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    This ok?

short-shorts.jpg

What if this fella asked for a spot

Not too bothered but certainly I won't be asking him to spot me when I bench in case he does an accidental teabag!!
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    :
    This ok?

short-shorts.jpg

Absolutely NOT!!! I would leave the gym if I saw this :noway:

FINE! I'LL TAKE OFF MY DENIM SHORT SHORTS, THEN!! :devil:
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I must admit, I thought I saw a guy shirtless at the gym yesterday...and you better believe I was looking. But much to my disappointment (and I'm sure to other ladies as well) he just had a skin colored wife beater shirt on. Usually though just a t-shirt and shorts is good enough for me :)
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I like legs, so a nice pair of shorts is nice...so I can watch your legs as you lift or run. And I like nice shoes with ankle socks. Simple tshirt....maybe something with shorter sleeves so I can see your arms as you lift. MMMM I love some eye candy at the gym. :devil:

Edit: I also don't like it when hot guys are on their phone a lot between sets or wearing earphones because they are unapproachable, and there's no possibility for small talk. I enjoy getting to know the people I always see at the gym, and I'm sweating with. It is also nice to meet people who have similar interests.

The gym is a great opportunity to meet work out buddies, running partners....or even snag a date with a like minded person.
    Note to self: stop wearing ear phones!
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    No tight shorts. IMO it's a girly look. lol I think shorts that fit well not too tight or too baggy. Nicely fitted shirt with or without sleeves. Clean clothes is a must. No real opinion on colors for the most part etc. Clothing brand in the same coordinated system always look good together :-)
  • THERubberDucky
    Options
    In my opinion, you should be focused on working out, and not putting on a fashion show. It kills me every time I see political t-shirts, people working out in designer clothes, cowboy boots, huge necklaces, flip flops, and one guy that cut the sleeves out of a hoody and worked out with SUNGLASSES ON(police officer). Maybe it's just my gym, I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't have picked a "fitness club" type of gym. LOL.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    well I'm always wearing shorts and a t-shirt and pretty much everybody else is.
  • braign
    braign Posts: 89
    Options
    I pick workout, definitely. I wear the grossest old sweatpants that I bought for working out in maybe 2 years ago, they used to be black but they're all faded, and the upper thighs are all bobbly from my chub rub lol. I pair it with either a hoodie, or a vest/wifebeater/tanktop thing. The only thing I've made any investment in is my sports bra. Other than that I refuse to buy myself more fat clothes so I'll upgrade to 'fashionable' gym clothes when I've hit the 30lb loss mark :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    T-shirts are good. To tight = douchey. Sleeve cut off and armpits cut down to the waist = douchy. Short shorts scare me.
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    Just thinking, some people... if they want to wear a hoodie while training... they can go right ahead... I won't point and criticise...

http://youtu.be/uZIpc0LeJg8

O.O
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I do not care how they are dressed at the GYM - T-shirts and shorts are fine but I hate that they GRUNT everytime they lift :0
    I grunt at the gym.....it is natural when you lift heavy!!! It is like hating when someone breath hard when they run lol
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I do not care how they are dressed at the GYM - T-shirts and shorts are fine but I hate that they GRUNT everytime they lift :0
    I grunt at the gym.....it is natural when you lift heavy!!! It is like hating when someone breath hard when they run lol

Haha, exactly. :D
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options

Haha, exactly. :D

Ditto and don't forget the ugly faces we make too.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I know I would like to see less fashion plimsoles aka TOMS
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    please NO short shorts or tight sweatpants!! lol
    anything else is fine I think

Right, what she said!!! There's this guy, who's a doc btw, that works out in the facility where I work! All I can think of when I see

him is : "Richard Simmons called & he wants his shorts back!!!!" SOOOO wrong, as is the terry cloth headband! PS: Also, if

you look great & are very muscular; wear clothes that fit YOU...not something small enough for a five year old! It's not

sexy...Jus' Say'n!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I never even pay attention to what any guy is wearing...Unless he's wearing obnoxiously short shorts, then I just want to die. Ew.
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    I dont like the shirt where the arm pit holes are so low/open I can see nipples. <<<<<<eww!!!
    Also, your shorts shouldn't be short shorts, and please make sure you washed your clothes so you don't smell bad. Otherwise, don't care.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    If you're wearing shorts, no black socks please.