RUNNERS!!! Have you ever.....

Options
13»

Replies

030376 Posts: 5
    Options
    There was this girl in front of me who had really nice legs..she was fast though so I tried to keep up.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I guess I'm usually too focused on passing people and keeping my goal pace rather than stay behind someone. Typically I running away from the heavy breather that's behind me. Hey, maybe I understand what's going on now!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Have you ever found yourself behind someone in a race, and found the 'view' so nice that you postponed passing them for a while?

I just call them my "pacers". LOL

Nope, must guys who run marathons/halves with me are waaaay too thin for my taste. I do have one friend who does marathons/halves yet is pleasingly stocky but we've always run side by side (talking).
  • 51powerski
    51powerski Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Have you ever found yourself behind someone in a race, and found the 'view' so nice that you postponed passing them for a while?

I just call them my "pacers". LOL

First marathon I did I followed this exact strategy, found this gorgeous curvy little lady and her butt kept me going through the last few miles. Finished in 3:34 and then talked to her at the end where she confided in me it was a crap time for her and she couldn't believe how slow she ran it. Personally I was glad she had a bad day. :)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i was running along my regular route, and got passed by a girl. i realized that i wasn't going that fast at all, and i strived just to keep up with her.

the view was nice.
  • ajelove
    ajelove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    There was this guy who ran at the park at the same time as me. He kept me inspired to run for sure...Ryan Reynolds clone...no shirt....*drool*
    But I moved :(
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Not quite, but I have been hypnotized by swishing, swinging ponytails.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    This is the stuff that gives me nightmares and makes me hugely suspicious of people while I'm innocently on a run. :/

And then I just realized I stare at the shirtless guys when they run around the lake from the safety of my office. What a hypocrite I am!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

I never get that. Doesn't it get all sweaty / tangly after? Gross.
  • pearsy67
    pearsy67 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

I agree, I love a running pony tail. When I met my wife she had a pony tail and ran. I could follow that swishing all day.

Now I follow , but on a bike :-) Don't get me started on following Lycra bike pants, she is faster than me on a bike too :glasses:
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    The first few KMs of my half marathon (yesterday hehe, still bragging lol - it was my first!) I spent ages checking out other peoples clothing. Oh and some of them too :wink:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I must say NO as my hubby is sat behind me right now reading this! :wink: