Alright Ladies... Foods that help fight belly fat!

Options
13»

Replies

• AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    While the foods listed sound yummy, they have no special belly-shrinking powers. Neither does sucking in your gut a few times day. No need for all these rules and weird rituals. Just eat and exercise.

Actually, if you have a distended gut then sucking in your belly can help as it will activate and strengthen the TVA and then pull the stomach in. This is a technique that has been incorporated by bodybuilders for a very long time and they simply called it vacuums. Frank Zane is quite famous for it.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    All the original poster wanted to do was share an article she thought to be helpful. She did not deserve to be tore a new one.
    I dont think anyone "tore her a new one". If I post something saying - Visine will make your thighs thinner I would think it may be challenged. Some information out there is blatently false. And there is nothing you can do to spot reduce any type of fat. People are simply pointing out inaccuracies in the article. And unless the OP wrote it herself she shouldn't take it personally. In fact she should be glad that this community is actually full of knowledgable people that can share information.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    All the original poster wanted to do was share an article she thought to be helpful. She did not deserve to be tore a new one.

No one "tore her a new one". Let's not be silly. People refuted the claims of the article. Nobody attacked the OP.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options

Drama and over-reaction increase stress. Stress hormones increase fat gain and abdominal fat storage. I implore you in the name of all that is 6-pack to not freak out about stuff that doesn't matter, isn't true, or is exaggerated. Calorie deficit...real food you like...etc. And responding to facts (people disagreed with OP) not to hyperbole, assumption, or opinion ("tore her a new one") can help you be effective in managing stress, navigating social relationships, and finding peace. And peace means fewer stress hormones, which means...

We could really do "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie" with this stuff about inaccurate or inane diet advice from women's magazines all the way to abdominal fat. Care to proffer another possible route?
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • iamshenglo
    Options
    Definitely going to buy some bananas.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Wow. I haven't even read through all of the comments because I am appauled as to the way people act on this website. My reasoning for posting this was because I thought it was an interesting article, not because I live by it. The fact that people are actually arguing on my post, really saddens me. I cannot believe the way some people think. If you don't like or agree with the article that's fine. But keep your negitive posts to yourself. I have NO negative friends on this site and it saddens me to think that I can no longer post a topic without attracting negative people. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. I don't know how many times I have come across a post that I didn't agree with. But I would never post something negative, I just turn my head.

For everyone else who was intrigued by the article, thank you for reading.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Wow. I haven't even read through all of the comments because I am appauled as to the way people act on this website. My reasoning for posting this was because I thought it was an interesting article, not because I live by it. The fact that people are actually arguing on my post, really saddens me. I cannot believe the way some people think. If you don't like or agree with the article that's fine. But keep your negitive posts to yourself. I have NO negative friends on this site and it saddens me to think that I can no longer post a topic without attracting negative people. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. I don't know how many times I have come across a post that I didn't agree with. But I would never post something negative, I just turn my head.

For everyone else who was intrigued by the article, thank you for reading.

I cannot believe the way some people think it's negative and harmful to dispel dieting myths for the benefit of others who have yet to learn.