Anybody else hate their smile?

Options

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Never do with my mouth open. But that's because I need braces, which seems like its never going to happen since I'm already almost 20
    I'll be 20 in June and I just got my braces on last month. You're never too old to fix your smile if it's what you want! I had to wait until I could afford to pay for them myself since my parents couldn't.

I used to not like smiling at all, but I already feel better about it even though I have braces (they're clear on top at least). I hope by the time that I get them off that I'll like my smile!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I strongly dislike my smile. I call it the baby-eating smile because it looks like I'm going to maniacally devour children with it. For some reason my husband likes it though, but I try to never be photographed with it on my face.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I hate it, but I don't like it. One single reason: In fourth grade, a boy pushed me when I was walking around the classroom, I fell and smashed my face off the side of a desk. My right front tooth cracked in half and has never had a proper cap put on ( I can't afford it), so it's just filling material that has been formed to look like a tooth. Due to it not being proper, parts on the front have chipped off, and I hate it.

But no one has ever noticed, it's more of a personal I-can-tell kind of thing and it bothers the heck out of me.
  • meglep
    meglep Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mine is crooked!
  • Sam_Hain
    Sam_Hain Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I strongly dislike my smile. I call it the baby-eating smile because it looks like I'm going to maniacally devour children with it. For some reason my husband likes it though, but I try to never be photographed with it on my face.
    And every time we take a picture together I try and make you smiles as big as you can.

Personally I like my genuine smile just fine. My "trying to look good for the picture" smile is horrible.

Might just be that I am NOT photogenic at all.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day... sometimes I think my smiles look weird and I rather just keep a straight face but others I wouldn't mind smiling.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have good teeth and I like my smile, but I don't like how smiling makes my eyes disappear!
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I can't fake smile....If you point a camera and ask me to smile...It isnt happening. Not so much that I hate my smile, i just can't smile on cue.
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    I have a lot of face fat so my smile is ugly haha
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    My teeth are fine but my mouth is small... so it's all CHEEEEKS and little smile, even when it feels like I'm tearing my face apart doing it.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Hate my smile too, although, my smirk is pretty rad.

My best smirk
    -ahem- it won't post the picture, so instead, I'll post the one of my world domination face....

35434_142155512461536_100000012647736_428501_3356530_n.jpg

I'm the brunette, and no we don't look that yellow in real life. The lighting was horrible.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    mine kind of sucks. there's only one (forced) smile i can do that i'm sort of happy with. the others are awful. seriously, the best photos i've ever taken are where i'm either angry or super turned on.
  • b3llzy
    b3llzy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I used to have a pretty smile....but because of some medications I was on for a few years, my teeth (and bones) have suffered. This year alone I've had oral surgery.....twice. 5 teeth are gone now, but hopefully, I'll have the replacements in before the end of the year and I'll be able to smile again. :flowerforyou:
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    i dont like mine cuz (sounds silly) but my cheeks are naturally wide and it makes my head look even bigger when i smile.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I have a horrible smile when my mouth is open. And to make it worse my teeth are bad. Getting them fixed but it's expensive so taking a long time to afford things. :(

My lips also have a turned-down, pouting frown when my face is relaxed. I've had way too many people say I looked stern and unhappy when I was just normal; happy even. So I made a conscious effort to lift up the corners and smile, lips closed, all the time. I aim for the Mona Lisa smile but it probably comes out more like a smirk.

On another end I had someone once tell me I had a lovely open-mouthed smile. She called it an Irish smile-that the smile went all the way up my face and shone through my eyes too. So maybe it's that I'm just not photogenic.
  • Jennhasfaith
    Jennhasfaith Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The only time I really like my smile is when, I can have photos professionally done. Otherwise, I absolutely hate having my picture taken. I will either have a stupid smirk, showing way to much teeth, a crooked smile, my head titled, or my eyes are closed, bad hair day, poor lighting, and don't get me started on how my body looks in a photo. Again, only professional photos will be seen in my house. I even had my wedding photos redone 3 years later because of the *kitten* of a photographer did a crappy job and only got stupid snaphots as proofs from him. We even had to threaten him with a lawsuit. My new photos came from our cruise in Alaska. I took that opportunity to have new photos done and I am so glad I did. My profile photo is proof of that.
  • Vench
    Vench Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yep, but I'm getting dentures soon, hopefully.
  • mwyatt005
    mwyatt005 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    HATE my smile, between the crooked teeth and all the chips it's horrendous. I really don't see the point in paying for braces or capping them, for the cost vs the highly likely hood i'll chip more/ find a way to rearrange them to being crooked again just not worth it. Besides I kinda like the look on peoples faces when the say " you should smile more, you never look happy." and I respod " this is my happy face! Want to piss me off and really see me mad?"
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yep!! I definitely dislike my smile!! I smile all the time in real life, but not in photos if I can help it.
    It's small and crooked, my teeth are little, and I have super chubby cheeks that look enormous when I smile (I swear, looking at just my face (while smiling), you'd assume I weigh about 40 lbs more than I do. It just doesn't match the rest of my body at all)
  • Skinny4BG
    Skinny4BG Posts: 145
    Options
    I HATE my smile. I never used to.. but then my ex husband left me.. I stopped caring.. and started downing Mtn Dew like it was going out of style. Needless to say, not caring about how much of it I was drinking... I started having enamel erosion take over. So now on my 2 front teeth, and one of the ones next to it.. the enamel at the top by the gums is gone. Only way to get it fixed it dental bonding.. and that isnt exactly the cheapest... but I am hoping to have it done within the next month.