Let's talk about...Plain Greek Yogurt!

Options
13»

Replies

• br2012
    br2012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm working on perfecting a summer Greek yogurt jello mold similar to the yummy goodness of my moms with sugary or chemical (asparatame or splenda) jello and plain yogurt. My first attempt was to puree a cup of raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. Added a cup boiling water and microwaved a minute. then sprinkled plain gelatin on top to dissolve. then added a cup of nonfat greek yogurt. then chilled. consistency was great but tasted too tart. I'm resisting adding Truvia or fruit juice but afraid thats what its going to take for my family to eat it. will try with peaches next. (cant use pineapples though bc gelatin wont gel)
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I don't mix-in as much as I use it to add to other stuff. I love it in my oatmeal, top off my curry or use it instead of sour cream in various ways. Today I put a dollop on top of the chicken and veggie pita I had - delish!

I also use equal amounts of plain greek yogurt with cottage cheese (which I detest by itself but love this) and flavor it with either chocolate pudding mix or flavored protein powder for a creamy dessert treat, or skip the cottage cheese and just use the protein powder and more greek yogurt.

The possibilities are endless!
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like a mashed banana (I have a banana tree --they're quite small about 4 inches), and a teaspoon of honey mixed into 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt.

Also, PB2 is yum!

1/2 Tbsp. of all-fruit spread, I could go on and on . . . .

You have a banana tree? Seriously? Jealous
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I personally take 1/2 a scoop of protein powder that I like and mix it in with it. It makes it almost the consistency of pudding. :)
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I really like 2% Fage plain too. Really thick and yummy
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sugar free/fat free jello pudding powder. Cheesecake and banana creme are awesome. Or for a savory option, mix with hidden valley ranch dip powder for a veggie dip.

I love the sugar free/fat free jello pudding idea. The cheesecake one sounds amazing! I also just bought some hidden valley ranch dip. I can't wait to try this! :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I go the whole gamut. I use it for cooking, a given.

Breakfast is hard for me. I don't enjoy it. So. I do a few things on the days I eat greek yogurt:
    Add a spoon of peanut butter
    Add some agave
    Add some sugar free maple syrup
    Add fruit
    add flax seeds

If I'm really desperate? add some "water enhancer". Works every time. Crystal light. Myo etc....
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    it goes in my smoothies...

if I eat it as yogurt, just honey.

I like to use it as a replacement for sour cream or mayonaise.
  • missfitmt
    missfitmt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I get the 170g pots of Fage 0% or 2%. I find it too sharp, so i add 2 tsp honey, then:

1 tablespoon semi sweet choc chips,
    or
    chopped fruit
    or
    choc protein powder to make choc pudding!
    or
    Sprinkle granola on top for crunch