RUNNING PEOPLE ... Hear Me!

Options
LeilaFace
LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
Hey,

So I just ran 4 miles for the first time today. It was a trail run with a lot of hills so I am amazingly proud of myself.

Conversation Switch!

WHEN RUNNING, I listen to my iPod (yes, even in nature), usually to a lot of metal and hardcore and punk and kind of angry music to get me to run a little faster and get out aggression. Sometimes I listen to more calming music when I want to kind of zone out. So my running playlist is an interesting blend indeed.

I was wondering if other runners listen to music while they run? If so do you have a play list? And if so I want you to hit shuffle and list the first song that pops up from your running playlist.

Here is Mine:
Band: GWAR
Song: The Apes of Wrath
Album: Violence Has Arrived

Okay, your turn.

Replies

• gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Punk Rock Girl..Dead Milkmen

I always run to punk/hardcore..but I am known to thrown in some Eminem

Edited to say: WAY TO GO on the running accomplishment!:drinker:
  • bobcooks920
    Options
    I run to Radiohead, the Beatles, Spin Doctors, Amy Winehouse, Arcade Fire...
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    Punk Rock Girl..Dead Milkmen

I always run to punk/hardcore..but I am known to thrown in some Eminem

Edited to say: WAY TO GO on the running accomplishment!:drinker:

Ah, great song! I'm going to have to add that to my playlist. Yeah mine is ... interesting ... There's even some random Hawaiian Chanting in there, I'm pretty strange ... to say the least... Thank you for the running pat on the back I love your profile pic about kicking goals in the face!!!!
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    I run to Radiohead, the Beatles, Spin Doctors, Amy Winehouse, Arcade Fire...

Nice!
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I run a 4mi hill trail run (we're twins!) every tues|thur|sat. Just recently, I've taken out my headphones and just listened. To my hard breathing. To my feet hitting the dirt. It's actually quite awesome. I know this sounds so super cheesy - since I usually listen to hardcore or punk too ... just saying to give it a try. It's nice to run in a new spot every now and again.

first song on my running playlist ...
    Downset - Anger
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    My favorite running soundtrack is the soundtrack to the somewhat obscure German movie "Run, Lola, Run!" Fun movie, but the soundtrack was BUILT for running.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Ready, Steady, GO! Paul Oakenfold

Silence Sarah Mclaclan
  • nicholjenny
    nicholjenny Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job on the run! I ran 5 miles for the first time yesterday!!! So definitely use the music...

Theory of a Deadman - Got It Made
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    artist : the few that remain
    song: set your goals

good job btw! :D
    my play list is normally bands like that with a day to remember underoath pierce the veil and such :]
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Downset - Anger

Love this.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    awesome run!!!

First Song: Mumford & Sons Sign No More
    Second Song: LMFAO Sexy & I Know It
    I like the softer chill music for my runs but sometimes need a kick so I have a few OutKast songs, a Black Eyed Peas and the LMFAO on this particular play list ;)
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    A lot of disturbed, syndrome of the down (see what I did there??) NOFX, dead kennedys, and a three days grace song, "just like you" punk rock girl is the default song that plays over and over in my head. No need to have it on my playlist

Never even thought to have GWAR imma gonna have to download some. Thanks!
  • imjessly
    imjessly Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Ron Wasserman - GO GO POWER RANGERS

lol, not really :P
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    My favorite running soundtrack is the soundtrack to the somewhat obscure German movie "Run, Lola, Run!" Fun movie, but the soundtrack was BUILT for running.

I love that movie ... you're right the soundtrack is build for running...
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    I run a 4mi hill trail run (we're twins!) every tues|thur|sat. Just recently, I've taken out my headphones and just listened. To my hard breathing. To my feet hitting the dirt. It's actually quite awesome. I know this sounds so super cheesy - since I usually listen to hardcore or punk too ... just saying to give it a try. It's nice to run in a new spot every now and again.

Downset - Anger

Awesome song. I used to run without headphones but I found myself quitting a lot sooner. I'll go back to nature one of these days but for now it's the Germs We Must Bleed... ah hahaha
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    Ready, Steady, GO! Paul Oakenfold

Silence Sarah Mclaclan

Nice!
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    awesome run!!!

First Song: Mumford & Sons Sign No More
    Second Song: LMFAO Sexy & I Know It
    I like the softer chill music for my runs but sometimes need a kick so I have a few OutKast songs, a Black Eyed Peas and the LMFAO on this particular play list ;)

Good mix!
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    Great job on the run! I ran 5 miles for the first time yesterday!!! So definitely use the music...

Theory of a Deadman - Got It Made

CONGRATS ON THE RUN!!!! Good song too !
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    I can never get my earbuds to stay in!
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    A lot of disturbed, syndrome of the down (see what I did there??) NOFX, dead kennedys, and a three days grace song, "just like you" punk rock girl is the default song that plays over and over in my head. No need to have it on my playlist

Never even thought to have GWAR imma gonna have to download some. Thanks!

Nice mix! Mine is probably mostly GWAR and MSI ... and then random bands like Mobile Death Camp.

P.S.S.S. - I'm starting orientation to be a volunteer firefighter next week my entire family is firefighters ... you rock!