RUNNING PEOPLE ... Hear Me!

Options
2»

Replies

• cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    Hey,

So I just ran 4 miles for the first time today. It was a trail run with a lot of hills so I am amazingly proud of myself.

Conversation Switch!

WHEN RUNNING, I listen to my iPod (yes, even in nature), usually to a lot of metal and hardcore and punk and kind of angry music to get me to run a little faster and get out aggression. Sometimes I listen to more calming music when I want to kind of zone out. So my running playlist is an interesting blend indeed.

I was wondering if other runners listen to music while they run? If so do you have a play list? And if so I want you to hit shuffle and list the first song that pops up from your running playlist.

Here is Mine:
    Band: GWAR
    Song: The Apes of Wrath
    Album: Violence Has Arrived

Okay, your turn.

okay neighbor..GWAR...that is some serious metal :heart:
  • skinnyallover
    Options
    Young the Giants new album <3
  • navy1984
    navy1984 Posts: 57
    Options
    Your my hero!! I CANNOT wait until I can say, 'I just finished running 4 miles!' A big congrats to you!!! I am currently listening to "The show is going on" Lupe Fiasco(amazing modivational song!!)
  • lorinda75
    Options
    Motion Trax podcasts. It's all techno, and I didn't even know it until my kids heard it! "Mom, that's techno! You listen to techno when you work out?" I love Motion Trax. Has the beats per minute in the description, so I can decide how fast/slow I want it to be, plus it's free to download.
  • jennikawilliams28
    jennikawilliams28 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    First of all, great job on your 4 mile run!!

Here's my shuffle!
    Song: Burn
    Artist: Papa Roach
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Just finished a 4 mile run. Last songs was:

artist-Kid Rock
    Song-Rollin'
    Albumn-Devil Without a Cause

It's a scientific fact. Upbeat/angry music leads to faster runs!
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Metalica - So Fuc%1ng What
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options

okay neighbor..GWAR...that is some serious metal :heart:

hey! Neighbor?? Hmmm You a Kitsap County Resident as well? :)
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    Just finished a 4 mile run. Last songs was:

artist-Kid Rock
    Song-Rollin'
    Albumn-Devil Without a Cause

It's a scientific fact. Upbeat/angry music leads to faster runs!

I like your facts and way to go on the run!
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Did a 10 km today, listened to the whole albumn of showtek, it's trance/house. Great zoning out music
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Skrillex - First of the year (equinox)

This song always gets me pumped!
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!

Also, I don't listen to music anymore. It got boring. Now I listen to podcasts (especially for my long runs, I need to be entertained).

I love Car Talk, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, This American Life, and Fresh Air.

When I ran the half in February, I listened to Louis CK's "Hilarious" and I laughed out loud from start to finish. Couldn't have done that race without it -- it was a tough course!!
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    Skrillex - First of the year (equinox)

This song always gets me pumped!

I love that song!!!
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    Way to go!!

Also, I don't listen to music anymore. It got boring. Now I listen to podcasts (especially for my long runs, I need to be entertained).

I love Car Talk, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, This American Life, and Fresh Air.

When I ran the half in February, I listened to Louis CK's "Hilarious" and I laughed out loud from start to finish. Couldn't have done that race without it -- it was a tough course!!

That's actually a really good idea i didn't even think about that. Congrats on running a half marathon holy moly you rock. and I love Louis CK.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    i listen to a bit of everything.

I have a few rock my run mixes. which i love . I also love working out to david guetta's 'nothing by the beat' album.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I actually just made a playlist. It turned into basically everything I listened to in high school, like Sugarcult, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, Hellogoodbye, and Relient K. My current musical tastes are a lot more mellow, so most of my good workout music was from that era of my life. It was very entertaining for me. Good playlist though!

Also, Lady Gaga. That is all.
  • crystal637
    Options
    Weirdly I like to listen to mostly country music at the start of my run and then pop (Katy Perry etc.) or 80's music towards the end of my run for a pick me up. Despite running 25 km for the hell of it this week, I hate running and listening to angry music only makes running worse for me. I absolutely couldn't do it with out music. :noway: