Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    45%
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    My max before I start getting blood sugar reading higher than I'd like is 75. That's total carbs ...not net carbs. I net between 15-40 usually.

Er..what? Net carbs?

Total carbs - fiber = net carbs.
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I know carbs = weight for me so I try to eat under 100g of carbs a day and over 100g of protein!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I eat around 100 carbs per day and around 150 protein per day.
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm surprised people are eating that many carbs (150-300/day). In my eating plan I think that is a lot. And I do not consider myself a low carber. I consider myself a modified carber. I try to eat 60-90g/day.

Eating 60-90g per day takes some planning finesse. Carbs are in everything. I feel tons better when my carbs are modified and I don't eat processed foods.

Now that I steer away from processed carbs I realized how sick they made me. I was poisoning myself.

Yep, I can't agree with you more. The last two months I was doing Keto (so 30g net carbs or less), but I've modified that, as I don't want to feel *too* deprived. I keep it around 30 for most of the week, so I won't feel guilty, or SICK from eating a few carbs say, on the weekend.
    Honestly I don't feel deprived at all. I didn't find cutting carbs was hard, it just took planning. Even the Keto Sickness (carb withdrawal!!!) wasn't too bad, and I was a serious carbaholic.

To answer OP, I net anywhere from 30g on a good day, to less than 100 on a carby day (once a week MAX)
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    50% of my intake is carbs. Approx 200-250 gms per day...and I'm still losing weight.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 60-75g...net is much lower.
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I try to stay around 120 or so...I usually go over though!
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My daily goal says 192
    Yesterday I was at 104
    Friday 137
    Thursday 133
    Wednesday 154
    Tuesday 83
    Monday 106
    Sunday 156
    Saturday 151
    Friday 135
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay that much attention (especially the past two weeks when I was on a hiatus from logging my food) by usually around 200-250g.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,741 Member
    Options
    50% of my intake is carbs. Approx 200-250 gms per day...and I'm still losing weight.
    This is me as well.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    40% of my calories, so 180g at the moment (more when I exercise)
    When I'm bulking and my calories are around 3000 I have around 300g+
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I lose best at 20-50 net per day, but it's hard to hit that. Any day I come in at 75-120 I consider a success.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have my settings at 40% of my calories coming from carbs. It all depends on how active I am in a day, and what I'm craving. But usually 150g or more in a day. I'm losing at a constant rate, so I don't see any reason to tweak that right now. Everyone is different, and you have to do what works for you. I love carbs, and I don't see any reason to cut them way down or out if I don't need to. I am mindful of my blood glucose levels though since I am at a high risk for adult onset diabetes. So I'm watching more about where my carbs are coming from each day.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    About 100 grams and I workout pretty intensely 5-6 times per week. 90% of carbs are non-starchy veggies. I0% starch from sweet potatoes post workout. Large amounts of carbs are not as important as conventional wisdom has told us. Carbs aren't bad but you have to find what carb level you can tolerate without having blood sugar issues that can lead to weight gain or toxicity. Stay away from sugar!

Also, what reason are you vegan? I'm not picking on vegans, I'm just curious. I follow a paleo lifestyle that has changed my life.

Agree!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to carbs. Usually I end up pretty close to mfp's suggestions though. Calories are the only thing I put a lot of focus on right now, it's just easier for me that way.

Oh, and my goal is 165g. Usually I come in under that, but always over 100.
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Currently, I'm eating around 200-300g per day on my 1200-1300 net cal per day diet, so I know before I was dieting, I must have been eating 300+ per day.

I've never been overweight (I'm using mfp to get thin/toned and to make sure that once I get back to my ideal petite size, I won't get out of shape). I generally feel pretty well and always have. I think it depends on your body. I know people who put on weight/don't feel well when eating too many carbs, but unless I start having health issues, I'm not cutting them back. Oh, related - I've been a vegetarian for 7.5 years. It could just be my body type or something, but I have a love affair with pasta and have never seen any repercussions. ^_^ I think it's best to listen to what your body needs.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 150-200 pretty much all from fruits and "veggies". Losing 1-2 lbs a week for the last 5 months so don't let anyone tell you you can't consume carbs and lose. You see folks eating 150 g of carbs from breads and complaining they can't lose, lol, wonder why. Beans are such a good source of so many nutrients but bump your carbs way up but I have never had an issue. Now if I splurge and a bunch of carbs come from sweets then no loss for me, and I deserve it.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm surprised people are eating that many carbs (150-300/day). In my eating plan I think that is a lot. And I do not consider myself a low carber. I consider myself a modified carber. I try to eat 60-90g/day.

Eating 60-90g per day takes some planning finesse. Carbs are in everything. I feel tons better when my carbs are modified and I don't eat processed foods.

Now that I steer away from processed carbs I realized how sick they made me. I was poisoning myself.

I eat more carbs each day than you but I COMPLETELY agree with the poisoning part. I wish I knew why my body acts like that about processed foods and refined carbs. I can't even eat rice without getting sick and I don't know how I lived like that for so long and still functioned.
  • Baurus
    Baurus Posts: 27
    Options
    50-80gr per day.
    Mainly to have more cals to spend on other important macros, but really diet is just Cal in < Cal Out.