Defeated before I begin

Options
124»

Replies

• joec1985
    joec1985 Posts: 5
    Options
    Honestly when I first started to work out on my girlfriends elliptical it killed me after 10 minutes. Something about that machine has always been super hard on me. I feel like I'm always running, so I get tired quick. I still struggle with going more than 20 or 30 minutes on a treadmill, especially since I get bored really easily and want to do something else. Everybody builds up to things at their own pace. Never be afraid to start because you don't think you can do enough. Everything helps. Maybe you can only do 10 minutes at a time. Try to do it more than once a day. Or do that and take a walk later if the weather is nice. Eventually you will build up to what you are happy with.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You should DEFINITELY be proud for doing 15 or 20 minutes. It's a slow buildup, and as you can tell from the responses, everyone starts somewhere. My first time out I did 5 minutes on an Arc Trainer and I thought I might perish. In a couple weeks I'll be doing my second 5k. Stick with it and that 20 minutes will turn into 60 and THEN you'll feel invincible :drinker:
  • lollypop_ginger
    lollypop_ginger Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I bought an elliptical 3 weeks ago and I could barely manage 10 minutes, I can now do 30 minutes and think I could probably start pushing myself to do a bit longer if I really tried- it does get better :smile: